What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading an article already posted in here saying that the chinese KLJ-7 radar which will be on the 1st 50 JFs is much better then the APG-66 on the f-16s. Is this true and if it realy is as capable as its stated then why are we looking for a western radar?

The APG-66 is a radar from the 70's and the current variant of the F-16 uses the APG-68 (version 9) So that's why PAK are looking for a new radar for the next batch.

Thks for the info

regards
IceCold

The APG-66 is a radar from the 70's and the current variant of the F-16 uses the APG-68 (version 9) So that's why PAK are looking for a new radar for the next batch.

Currently block 52+ have APG V9 and if after the MLUs of the F-16 our block 15 also uses the APG68 (V9) and if they are not better then KLG7 then what is the benifit of MLUs. Is this is possiable to fit any other Radar in F-16 .... Can US allows this to us .

Currently block 52+ have APG V9 and if after the MLUs of the F-16 our block 15 also uses the APG68 (V9) and if they are not better then KLG7 then what is the benifit of MLUs. Is this is possiable to fit any other Radar in F-16 .... Can US allows this to us .

Errr dude I am not understanding what you are talking about? The BLK 15 would have a APG-66
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/APG-66

The current blocks have the APG-68 version 9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/APG-68

The KLJ-7 is better than the APG-66 So will a good intermediate radar until the newer more capable system is used on the later blocks.

The Fuselage is composed of lightweight aluminium alloys. Future Upgrades plan to increase Thrust-Weight Ratio, which can be achieved by using an Engine with more Thrust or by reducing the weight by using composite mateials.

A pretty nice comparision of all the fine Aircrafts with the JF17 HAIDER

Haider, add F-35 Like DSI intake to the picuture to complete it. is it not the model you chose previos than p-04?

I am asking that is KLJ7 is also better then APG 68 V9

No! Its performance is much better (by how much, nobody outside of PAF and Chinese sources knows) than APG-66 as Keyser pointed out. APG-68 V-9 and KL-J7 comparison is premature right now. I think APG-68 V-9 would be better than KL-J7.

Always wanted to know what those things are suppose to be!!

Its know as AOA ( Angle of Attack )Sensor
This Sensor provides accurate real-time Angle of Attack information for correlation with its shape. specially when you are Air-to-Air or Air-to-Ground mode

The shape of a plane is dictated principally by the speed at which it will operate . A plane operating at well below the speed of sound (about 965 kph/660 mph) need not be particularly well streamlined, and it can have broad wings projecting at right angles from the fuselage. An aircraft operating close to the speed of sound must be well streamlined and have swept-back wings. This prevents the formation of shock waves over the body surface and to keep the wings inside the shokewave, which would result in instability and high power loss. Supersonic planes (faster than sound) need to be severely streamlined, and require a needle nose, extremely swept-back wings, and what is often termed a ‘Coke-bottle’ fuselage in order to pass through the sound barrier without suffering undue disturbance. Aircraft designers experiment with different designs in wind tunnel tests, which indicate how their designs will behave in practice use AOA sensors/Pitot tubes. In the 1990s fighter jets were deliberately designed to be aerodynamically unstable, to ensure greater agility thus haveing a high Angle of Attack or Vice Versa and the AOA Sensor tells the pilot to maintain the correct Angle of Attack.
Most high performance airplanes have some form of angle of attack indicator, because stall recognition is difficult. The U.S. Navy uses angle of attack almost exclusively for landing on carriers.
( A former Naval instructor—frequently states, “I would rather lose my airspeed indicator any day over my angle of attack indicator.” Taken from WWW)

No! Its performance is much better (by how much, nobody outside of PAF and Chinese sources knows) than APG-66 as Keyser pointed out. APG-68 V-9 and KL-J7 comparison is premature right now. I think APG-68 V-9 would be better than KL-J7.

I think I heard, when you started to bang you head on the keyboard whilst typing the above :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom