What's new

JF-17 'Thunder' Aircraft More Primitive Than Any Fourth-Generation aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLJ-7 is barely a BVR radar, with a detection range of 105km for a 5 sq m target. And being a pulse doppler radar, it can be fooled easily, and will have trouble identifying friend or foes.

thanks for your Bharat RAAAKKSHAAAK info however,

The KLJ-7 has multiple modes, both beyond-visual-range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance modes and a robust anti-jamming capability. The radar can reportedly manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets.The detection range for targets with a radar cross-section of 3 square meters is stated to be ≥75 km (≥35 km in look-down mode). Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.[1] Most modern Chinese air-launched weapons, such as the short-range PL-9C and the beyond-visual-range PL-12 (SD-10) air-to-air missiles are supported by the KLJ-7. It has been reported that KLJ-7 also has modes to support a range of NATO weaponry.

we evaluted RCS-400 and we chose this.

and finally the plane gives us A BVR platform which is a game changer compared to all WVR we were stuck with in the last decade.

your claim of "barely capable" is still better than not have a techonolgy AT ALL! your theory has no basis of argument. it has never been tested "it would be fooled" well guess what it won't be "fooled" :wave:

The KLJ-7 has multiple modes, both beyond-visual-range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance modes and a robust anti-jamming capability. The radar can reportedly manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets.The detection range for targets with a radar cross-section of 3 square meters is stated to be ≥75 km (≥35 km in look-down mode). Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.[1] Most modern Chinese air-launched weapons, such as the short-range PL-9C and the beyond-visual-range PL-12 (SD-10) air-to-air missiles are supported by the KLJ-7. It has been reported that KLJ-7 also has modes to support a range of NATO weaponry.

and finally the plane gives us A BVR platform which is a game changer compared to all WVR we were stuck with in the last decade.

your claim of "barely capable" is still better than not have a techonolgy AT ALL! your theory has no basis of argument. it has never been tested "it would be fooled" well guess what it won't be "fooled" :wave:

My point was, pulse Doppler radar is very vulnerable to jamming as it would have trouble detecting the target in a cluttered background. And there is a degree of immunity against electronic countermeasures, maybe it can't be fooled by F-16 Blk 40, but can it ensure safety against the Growlers?

And for that 75 km detection range for 3 sq m target? Welcome to the 'no escape' zone of BVR missiles.

Disadvantages are that Doppler processing is relatively ineffective due to so many overlapping Doppler frequency ranges. This limits the ability to detect moving objects in the presence of heavy background clutter, such as moving objects on the ground.

Radar Basics

Now tell me Chinese have somehow fooled the 'Working principle' of Pulse Doppler Radar. :lol:

Whoom are you fooling...how can you chose KLJ7 over RCS-400 when you didn't even have the option of buying RCS-400....Don't forget it was france who step down from this avionic deal....

My point was, pulse Doppler radar is very vulnerable to jamming as it would have trouble detecting the target in a cluttered background. And there is a degree of immunity against electronic countermeasures, maybe it can't be fooled by F-16 Blk 40, but can it ensure safety against the Growlers?

And for that 75 km detection range for 3 sq m target? Welcome to the 'no escape' zone of BVR missiles.

Radar Basics

Now tell me Chinese have somehow fooled the 'Working principle' of Pulse Doppler Radar. :lol:

We are talking About the 4th generation fighter and Pulse doppler is sole radar for 4th generation unless talking about 4.5th generation.... And Klj7 range has been increased To 35% ratio making the range for 5m^2 at 142 km And 3m^2 is 100 km that is just hell of a range for a 4th generation aircraft.

Let me make one thing Clear when u come to Talks about Growler even your airforce will **** pants for growler ur MKI's are also not able to counter it ....

yes and no jf-17 are have great power but su-30,f-16 are bast in class.

yes and no jf-17 are have great power but su-30,f-16 are bast in class.

What is this moron saying :sniper:
Moron? The author is the Asia Editor of the McGraw-Hill of Companies that includes Lockheed Martin.

Secondly, what is moronic about what he has said? We all know that the JF-17 is NOT a full fledged 4th generation fighter. So what are you squeaking about?

We are talking About the 4th generation fighter and Pulse doppler is sole radar for 4th generation unless talking about 4.5th generation.... And Klj7 range has been increased To 35% ratio making the range for 5m^2 at 142 km And 3m^2 is 100 km that is just hell of a range for a 4th generation aircraft.

Let me make one thing Clear when u come to Talks about Growler even your airforce will **** pants for growler ur MKI's are also not able to counter it ....

Harriers, Saab Viggen, Mig-27 all are 3rd Gen fighters equipped with Pulse Doppler radar, there are many more examples.

And no proof for the highlighted part, even the PAC site refers the range for 5 sq m target at 105 km. And even if they increase the range of it, that would come at the cost of sacrificing the resolution of the radar.

Why are you guys making mountain out of mole hill?? All he is saying is that it is a capable aircraft which will replace 2nd and 3rd generation aircraft. He is just being honest not to mislead potential customers who may be under the impression that it is 4th generation aircraft. From what he is saying he is proud of this aircraft. You can always improve its avionics and radar signature to make it a true 4th gen. aircraft. But it will cost substantially more to own it.

Harriers, Saab Viggen, Mig-27 all are 3rd Gen fighters equipped with Pulse Doppler radar, there are many more examples.

And no proof for the highlighted part, even the PAC site refers the range for 5 sq m target at 105 km. And even if they increase the range of it, that would come at the cost of sacrificing the resolution of the radar.

Mr Genius what about EW SUITE , BVR, Stealth Technology and DSI intake aren't these 4th generation ? let me tell u what actually 4th generation is designated,
1.maneuverability
2.FBW system
and upgraded 4th generation had these which can be 4++ but not 4.5
3.Satellite and precision guided bombs
4.RWR
5.Self protection jammers
6.BVR
7.3D glass cockpit (not even found in early mig 29 but in later upgrades)
The Basic characteristics are these for any 4th/4++ generation fighter jets and these are found in jf17.

Lockheed or Boeing they always bark one thing that there jets are the best. SU30MKI i love this plane no matter it is indian because in 45 million dollar it is better than 60 million dollar west origin planes cheaper than them at ******* killer than themm...

If one man says in interview that jf17 is 3.5 doesn't mean u put firm hand over it. it is wrong...

Mr Genius what about EW SUITE , BVR, Stealth Technology and DSI intake aren't these 4th generation ? let me tell u what actually 4th generation is designated,
1.maneuverability
2.FBW system
and upgraded 4th generation had these which can be 4++ but not 4.5
3.Satellite and precision guided bombs
4.RWR
5.Self protection jammers
6.BVR
7.3D glass cockpit (not even found in early mig 29 but in later upgrades)
The Basic characteristics are these for any 4th/4++ generation fighter jets and these are found in jf17.

Lockheed or Boeing they always bark one thing that there jets are the best. SU30MKI i love this plane no matter it is indian because in 45 million dollar it is better than 60 million dollar west origin planes cheaper than them at ******* killer than themm...

If one man says in interview that jf17 is 3.5 doesn't mean u put firm hand over it. it is wrong...

I never said that JF-17 belongs to 3rd generation or 3.5th generation fighter. I satisfies all the criteria to be in a 4th Gen category, but obviously in the lower end of it. Keep in mind that the initial batch of Mig-29s wasn't a 4th Gen either.

I never said that JF-17 belongs to 3rd generation or 3.5th generation fighter. I satisfies all the criteria to be in a 4th Gen category, but obviously in the lower end of it. Keep in mind that the initial batch of Mig-29s wasn't a 4th Gen either.

OK tell me please i wanna knw how in lower end ? Dont tell me the range of radar tell me something technical

JF-17 radar is better than the fourth gen radar on board of current mirage2000s
its also better than any radar uptill block30 on F-16S
so by any defination of fourth gen aircrfts its a fourth gen aircrft

for AC to bvr capable even a range of 70-80 km for 5m2 is much more than enough as BVRs wouldnt be fired before the AC are within 50 km..as most of the time the max range of BVR are 70-100 km
but realistically the range is less than 40 km..
for example tail chase range for sd-10 is around 25 km

in other words the range 100 km means both AC moving towards each other at optimum height and speed..

you wouldnt find an AC designed after 80 to be 3rd no matter what is the cost is..

and u wouldnt find people discussing here to be any leading form memebers as they all know its a kid's thread

OK tell me please i wanna knw how in lower end ? Dont tell me the range of radar tell me something technical

Looking at the overall package:
1. Poor BVR performance.
2. ECMs not par with most 4th Gen operational.
3. Less use of composites.

Wrong, its 127 km for 3m^2 target ,I dont know exact range for 5m^2 target..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom