What's new

JF-17 Pics

An old animation video which everyone has seen hundreds of times to somehow convince our sense of conscience that JF-17 stands a chance against SU-30 MKI, but infact it can't.

In my opinion JF-17 would be better then IAF MiG 21s and maybe at par with MiG29s, but it would be no match to the frontline SU-30 MKIs.

In my opinion even J-10A can't stand a chance in the present configuration against SU-30 MKIs.

Maybe a later version of J-10Bs might be at par with present Sukhois but who knows where sukhois would be at that time when they'll have the expertise and equipment of Israel, Russia, USA, Europe etc at their disposal without any chance of santions imposition.

:pakistan:In my opinion JF-17 is a good fighter to start with but PAF still needs to build a serious fighter bomber which could be at par with those of its adverseries.:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
An old animation video which everyone has seen hundreds of times to somehow convince our sense of conscience that JF-17 stands a chance against SU-30 MKI, but infact it can't.

In my opinion JF-17 would be better then IAF MiG 21s and maybe at par with MiG29s, but it would be no match to the frontline SU-30 MKIs.

In my opinion even J-10A can't stand a chance in the present configuration against SU-30 MKIs.

Maybe a later version of J-10Bs might be at par with present Sukhois but who knows where sukhois would be at that time when they'll have the expertise and equipment of Israel, Russia, USA, Europe etc at their disposal without any chance of santions imposition.

:pakistan:In my opinion JF-17 is a good fighter to start with but PAF still needs to build a serious fighter bomber which could be at par with those of its adverseries.:pakistan:
Dear there is a contradiction in your statement. J-10A is composed of various Russian systems where as J-10B is even more newer design and it don't use any ''''''''''russian part. How Chinese parts come on par with Russians where as current J-10A having lots of Russian parts (like Engine) is not at par with MKI? J-10B will have much more untested chinese systems and engines as well.

Maybe Mr. Niazi can point to any kills attributed to the Su30MKI for us to think that this aircraft is simply unbeatable?

Dear there is a contradiction in your statement. J-10A is composed of various Russian systems where as J-10B is even more newer design and it don't use any ''''''''''russian part. How Chinese parts come on par with Russians where as current J-10A having lots of Russian parts (like Engine) is not at par with MKI? J-10B will have much more untested chinese systems and engines as well.

Thanx for replying to my post brother,

U see, J-10A does contain russian parts but it doesn't mean that an aircraft using some parts from a country can match another aircraft which has most of its parts from the same country.

J-10A airframe is built by China, avionics by china, EW suite by china, Missiles by china, only the engine comes from Russia.

SU30-MKI on the other hand uses Russian Airframe, Russian Missiles, Russian Engines, Russian Radars, Russian or Israeli EW suite etc.

These are two different aircrafts used by two different countries, so there are greater chances of in-equality amongst them.

when u compare J10A with SU30-MKI, the later looks and infact is much much superior, however, the proposed J10B will incorporate major changes requested by PAF and will carry Western Radars, EW suites etc and these changes would enable it to come at par with the present SU30-MKI.

thats why i said J10-A is no match to SU30-MKI for now but maybe J10B will be at par with it.:pakistan:

Last edited:
Maybe Mr. Niazi can point to any kills attributed to the Su30MKI for us to think that this aircraft is simply unbeatable?

Maybe they are waiting for their first kill against JF-17 :azn: , Kidding, i'd never ever want this to happen.

anyways brother, SU30-MKI is operational for more then 5 years now and it has been a part of many combat exercises with almost all significant modern airforces, and they consider it as a formiddible fighter.

and plz don't forget its a SU-27 Airframe which is a proven air superiority fighter, it just adds many state of the art techs to SU-27 Airframe, which surly brings improvement to it.

what about JF-17? its not even operational as yet, we haven't been able to bring up one full operational squadern of JF-17 uptill now, it has not even tested itself against any fighter aircraft of any other airforce in any combat exercise as yet.

so u can't turn down my points without solid logic...:pakistan:

SU30-MKI is operational for more then 5 years now and it has been a part of many combat exercises with almost all significant modern airforces, and they consider it as a formiddible fighter.

and plz don't forget its a SU-27 Airframe which is a proven air superiority fighter, it just adds many state of the art techs to SU-27 Airframe, which surly brings improvement to it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the Su30MKI, it is on paper a great ship, but ships don't fight by themselves, they are just a instrument -- recall Pakistani kills against Israeli Air Force, the Israeli aircraft were superior - how did that happen??

You say the SU27 is a proven air superiority fighter -- now I like the SU27, it's a great ship, but exactly where and when was it's Air superiority proven?

what about JF-17? its not even operational as yet, we haven't been able to bring up one full operational squadern of JF-17 uptill now

That's why we cannot say anything, one way or the other about the ship in reference to another, such as the SU30MKI.

Your assessment might be close to reality but we have learned you dont need to be equal to beat your enemy. This is not an excuse for we being weak but the fact remains on ground that India is 1400 million population and we are only 170 million in number. They are 150 bullion of economy and we are scarcely 15 bullion. We are doing our best and these were the best we could come up against MKIs and Migs. So feel proud that you have got something to defend your homeland with. We will see who is better and who much when it is the time. Till then, keep the faith and keep striving to be better in every field you can. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom