What's new

JF-17 Now Boasts True Multi Role Capabilities !

Its good to know of the multipurpose spectrum being achieved and hopefully will be stretched as far as possible in the future. Cover on both Mirage and F16 front is no small feat.
we are more experienced when it comes to missiles.
And I have no doubt we can do it ourselves.
You really think we aren’t capable of developing our own system ?
I wonder if you can shed some light on why we have not seen anything so far on the account as India, which we probably assume to be not as good on missile front as us, is working on Astra AAM. Regards.

O Pra, we are more experienced when it comes to missiles.
And I have no doubt we can do it ourselves. Our AESA radar is a good start hope we build upon it.
You have to sell it if you want the project to be profitable. From a business point of view more the merrier. You bring down the cost of development. More partners are committed means you sell more units which also bring the costs down. The money saved can be used for future developments. For a cash strapped country its very important.

@StormBreaker
Capability to complete a project and the feasibility of the project are to different things and I am talking about the latter.

Last edited:
If it had an extra hard point for targeting pods it would have been even more lethal dont know why an extra hard point for pods is hard to add

Its good to know of the multipurpose spectrum being achieved and hopefully will be stretched as far as possible in the future. Cover on both Mirage and F16 front is no small feat.

I wonder if you can shed some light on why we have not seen anything so far on the account as India, which we probably assume to be not as good on missile front as us, is working on Astra AAM. Regards.

On a serious note, I don’t know. But if a simple man uses the brain, APF is a dedicated premises responsible for such things only...

Last edited by a moderator:
APF is a dedicated premises responsible for such things only...
APF does deal with the sensors and the flight systems but nothing of sort instigates a focus on weapons or AAMs specifically. May be just not the priority list or due to lack of feasibility as mentioned by the fellow. Thanks

APF does deal with the sensors and the flight systems but nothing of sort instigates a focus on weapons or AAMs specifically. May be just not the priority list or due to lack of feasibility as mentioned by the fellow. Thanks
Your answer is in your own reply. Re-read it, understand what you just said.
Open up a BVRM/WVRM, what components/parts are installed in it ?

Your answer is in your own reply.
o_O I know the component part and that's why i asked.. if so why not then yet? Reasons? Priority or feasibility or whatever the intention was to possibly dig into it a bit. I hope we get to know sometime. Thanks

o_O I know the component part and that's why i asked.. if so why not then yet? Reasons? Priority or feasibility or whatever the intention was to possibly dig into it a bit. I hope we get to know sometime. Thanks
Time tells everything. One thing that satisfies me is that Highly Respected Sir ACM Sohail Aman (Rtd) at least had a vision HIGH ENOUGH to develop Kamra Aviation City.

It may sound pandoo but we need to rename our squadrons with desi names ..... gandasa is a good start.... each language should give its finest and toughest word
Ghandahari, Bactiran, Harappai, Soani, Kulli, Kasmari, Bahlikai, Madrai, Gendarosi, Arachosi, Sattagyddi, Rori, Macedonian, Aspasioi and Astanenoi, etc.

Wtf is desi and wtf is "Pandoo" in taking pride of your own culture? Shame on anyone that calls their culture "pandoo" @Mangus Ortus Novem @Indus Pakistan

army follow British culture
air force follow US culture
navy follow old muslims culture
Navy is the only sane one. Take a look at my squadron name recommendation. It reflects what Pakistan is, a mix of bright and cultured people. Wtf is Falcons, dragons, tail slasher or whatever wannabe english names they used. It's a disgrace

Ghandahari, Bactiran, Harappai, Soani, Kulli, Kasmari, Bahlikai, Madrai, Gendarosi, Arachosi, Sattagyddi, Rori, Macedonian, Aspasioi and Astanenoi, etc.

Wtf is desi and wtf is "Pandoo" in taking pride of your own culture? Shame on anyone that calls their culture "pandoo" @Mangus Ortus Novem @Indus Pakistan

Navy is the only sane one. Take a look at my squadron name recommendation. It reflects what Pakistan is, a mix of bright and cultured people. Wtf is Falcons, dragons, tail slasher or whatever wannabe english names they used. It's a disgrace
Chaunsa, sindhri, dasheri, anwar ratol, fajri.
Seriously, when reading your names, mangoes came to my mind.

ITS A SWING RoLE FIGHTER NOT A MULTI ROLE FIGHTER
for simple reason, low fuel

to be a multi role fighter it will need at least 35% increase in internal fuel coupled with 10-15% higher thrust and more efficient engine..

Back
Top Bottom