What's new

JF-17 In Saudi Arabia

Indeed they have enough money to purchase anything and everything, yet, the primitive Mushak did find some use in the all hi-tech set up. :)

Windjammer saheb,

The reason they bought Mushak was just a goodwill gesture to show the Pakistanis. Saudis have so much cash, that buying Mushak doesn't really affect them. But they did it to honor Pakistani achievement and keep those in PAF and PAC happy. It doesn't have to mean that they have a utility specifically for Mushak....we know they can get anything.

Different aircraft to the one that visited UK, if in doubt, check out the different antennas on the spine.

1298086M.jpg

1344229896701.jpg
113 and 114 were in FB 2010, this is 116

Interesting Windjammer , so what do you think the purpose maybe ?
I guess Saudis are interesting in the JF-17 project......they must be evaluating it.From the Windjammer's analysis looks like Mosamania is right above......:smokin:

Most people in the know how are saying this is Azraq airbase in Jordan.

Imran khan, are you sure this is Saudi base?

Windjammer saheb,

The reason they bought Mushak was just a goodwill gesture to show the Pakistanis. Saudis have so much cash, that buying Mushak doesn't really affect them. But they did it to honor Pakistani achievement and keep those in PAF and PAC happy. It doesn't have to mean that they have a utility specifically for Mushak....we know they can get anything.

Had an Indian member made such unholy allegations, we would have probably collectively crucified him, :tongue: I wonder if Egypt, Iran and Oman also felt the same brotherly love, since they also have sufficient funds and alternate sources.:)

JF-17 is also called as the ride of the champions

To date Saudis have invested ENTIRELY ON meduim and heavey twin engined fighters

Tornados
F15 Eagles
Euro fighter Typhoon

And now a MASSIVE upgrade of 80 F15 to F15 SILENT Stealth costing over $25 billion.

They have 30 years of experience in using AMERICAN & BRITISH hardware and have thousands of support staff in saudi helping them even now

NOT sure a sino pak single engined fighter can add anything THAT they dont have in MASSIVE capability already

IF the saudis ever ORDER a single engined fighter it will be the F35 in 2020 ONWARDS i think

To date Saudis have invested ENTIRELY ON meduim and heavey twin engined fighters

Tornados
F15 Eagles
Euro fighter Typhoon

And now a MASSIVE upgrade of 80 F15 to F15 SILENT Stealth costing over $25 billion.

They have 30 years of experience in using AMERICAN & BRITISH hardware and have thousands of support staff in saudi helping them even now

NOT sure a sino pak single engined fighter can add anything THAT they dont have in MASSIVE capability already

IF the saudis ever ORDER a single engined fighter it will be the F35 in 2020 ONWARDS i think

I disagree with the above that Saudi's won't acquire any Chinese equipment. Saudi's have a ton of $$$. They have a strategic pact with Pakistan. It's a known fact.
Now they may not make JFT or J-10B a work horse of their airforce over the F-15 and EFT. But acquiring a few squadrons of JFT (may be even two or more), would be a piece of cake for them. The X Paf and current PAF staff provides a TON of services to Saudi armed forces across the board (people here from the US military who've served in Saudi can probably verify this). So induction of a few squadrons to form a lower end tier or even just to use these JFT's so to put less flying hours on advance jets, won't be an issue for them. In fact this could be seen as an initial effort to create a hedge against the western platforms, evaluate the capability and more than anything, boost a friendly country's efforts in selling these jets.
If they can give free oil to Pakistan for months (a country of 200 million people), I am SURE that they can spend their money where they get something back. In this case, some additional capability that will definitely help them in saving some $$ as they'll can let some of their pilots fly JFT and put more hours on those vs. using F-15 or EFT for everything (which gets real expensive from a maintenance standpoint)

i live in tabuk and i havent seen it flying over the city for evaluation and any exersice, they only fly saudi hawks.Maybe it came in tabuk for a day only and then left.

Saudia is a major Partner in Eurofighter Typhoon Program...
I will be surprised if they are also interested in JF-17

Mosa. Can you confirm is this unit still at Prince Sultan AB?

After all these debates concerning the JF-17, next thing you'll know (after the upgrades; stealth, Bloc 2,3...) , it will be called the Islamic workhorse fighter aircraft.
SA is in a position to evaluate the JF-17 systems against the best Air combat war-planes, so Pakistan will benefit enormously from the experience, both, technology and financially wise.

An off topic question, after US Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden in Abbotabad, our PM flew to China and China promised us 50 Jf-17.

What ever happened to that?

An off topic question, after US Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden in Abbotabad, our PM flew to China and China promised us 50 Jf-17.

What ever happened to that?
Wada he tha naa koi Quran ya hadees tu nehin thee :rofl: just kidding jessa monh wesi chapair, zardari sahib nay abhi tak Ajmeer sharif ko donation ka wada bhe pura nehin kia :) china nay soocha ho ga aisay President n PM ko woh bhe aik jhoota lara laga din.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom