What's new

JF-17 has edge over LCA: Pak officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF will definitely attack MKI, MMRCA, M2k and Jaguar with more than just F-16 and J-10. Anybody who thinks JF can't also attack these aircraft is simply foolish, with AWACS support JF-17 can take on any 4-4.5 gen fighter over home territory with BVRAAMs and have at least some success - this will especially be the case when JF undergoes radar upgrades.

Another point to note is that F-7PG and Mirage ROSE fighters with AWACS support, even armed with AIM-9M and/or PL-9C, will be very useful in supporting the BVRAAM platforms J-10, F-16 and JF against large numbers of less capable indian aircraft such as mig-21, jaguar and so on. Sources state F-7PG will stay in the fleet much longer than F-7P/A-5 and some 30-40 Mirage ROSE platforms are being fitted with aerial refuelling probes, indicating they also will stay in the fleet for some time longer.

yes my friend you are right
but the point is not just attacking
it is also to survive after attacking or being attacked:enjoy:

PAF will definitely attack MKI, MMRCA, M2k and Jaguar with more than just F-16 and J-10.

slight interpretation problem there, I meant that J-10 and F-16 will be PAF's primary attack aircraft for penetrating enemy territory , not engaging hostile fighters

. Anybody who thinks JF can't also attack these aircraft is simply foolish, with AWACS support JF-17 can take on any 4-4.5 gen fighter over home territory with BVRAAMs and have at least some success - this will especially be the case when JF undergoes radar upgrades.

Sure it can , but the 4- 4.5 gen fighters it will face will not be LCA , which is the point I originally intended to make , therefore It's unimportant and futile excersice comparing LCA with JF-17.

It's good for fanboys though who have too much time on their hands , but has little practicle significance.

slight interpretation problem there, I meant that J-10 and F-16 will be PAF's primary attack aircraft for penetrating enemy territory , not engaging hostile fighters

Sure it can , but the 4- 4.5 gen fighters it will face will not be LCA , which is the point I originally intended to make , therefore It's unimportant and futile excersice comparing LCA with JF-17.

It's good for fanboys though who have too much time on their hands , but has little practicle significance.
sorry for the misinterpretation. My apologies! :) I agree with your above posts.

yes my friend you are right
but the point is not just attacking
it is also to survive after attacking or being attacked:enjoy:
It is made to survive! :cool:

only in InAF's dreams.;) You think lca and su-30 are stealth fighters that JF cannot kill? :rolleyes:

dude i never said jf-17 cant kill a su -30 but in doing so it may not survive to tell the tale :woot:

dude i never said jf-17 cant kill a su -30 but in doing so it may not survive to tell the tale :woot:

You don't know untill you see it happen, and I don't see a JF-17 engage a SU30 or vice versa anytime soon.

Another point to note is that F-7PG and Mirage ROSE fighters with AWACS support, even armed with AIM-9M and/or PL-9C, will be very useful in supporting the BVRAAM platforms J-10, F-16 and JF against large numbers of less capable indian aircraft such as mig-21, jaguar and so on. Sources state F-7PG will stay in the fleet much longer than F-7P/A-5 and some 30-40 Mirage ROSE platforms are being fitted with aerial refuelling probes, indicating they also will stay in the fleet for some time longer.

Mig-21, jaguar and your so on are just for defence in Indian skies and act as interceptors and second line of defence.And Besides I think Paf has Mirage ROSE fighters mainly for dropping Nukes and that is why they have not decommissioned them.

Dream on buddy, SU30 is a good plane but not invincible(as Indians make it out to be). You are underestimating the capabilities of JF17, several PAF sources have confirmed that its performance exceeds that of F16 Block 15.

LCA is not even perational.it is still being developed...I dont see the logic in the comparison..or may be comparing JF with wat WRIGHt brothers flew ought to be a thread too:cheesy:

JF-17 has the range so it could potentially be used if needed.

What makes you think it cannot counter a 4.5 gen fighter on home ground? What advantage the 4.5 gen fighter will have?

PAF is looking for AESA radar and MICA and/or MBDA Meteor missiles....So with these missiles, a good radar and AWACS support, tell me where it would be lacking?

No it wont be..Please dont bomb new york or london..Thanking u in anticipation:sick:

Dream on buddy, SU30 is a good plane but not invincible(as Indians make it out to be). You are underestimating the capabilities of JF17, several PAF sources have confirmed that its performance exceeds that of F16 Block 15.

there is a word MAY which says that no one is sure until it happens and mind you block 15 was very long ago :pop:

there is a word MAY which says that no one is sure until it happens and mind you block 15 was very long ago :pop:

Your statements are true but bear this in mind....your MKI's in all their superiority couldn't perform their "surgical strikes" against the bLk15's. With all their "superiority" They couldn't perform when needed.....That was a short while ago:pop:

Your statements are true but bear this in mind....your MKI's in all their superiority couldn't perform their "surgical strikes" against the bLk15's. With all their "superiority" They couldn't perform when needed.....That was a short while ago:pop:

MODS CAN DO BETTER seriously i wish not BUT if india declared war you are going to see the MKI in its true form whatever that form may be tiger or a R.A.T. :toast_sign:

and about the long while ago statement i meant blk 15s are history 52s are the present

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom