What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure we will learn more what exactly we did not do that held up the deal

In any case , the 1 billion dollars could be used to get more J10B from China
we saved 6 billion in total

$6,000,000,000 Dollars in hand ... hmmm ... I see alot of options

It would have been nice to see the Rapheal in Pakistan but you know French just blew it with this one ...

We had 192 mirages to replace with Rapheal what can you say ... tsk tsk tsk

Its not like that the Thunder has no avionics has Chinese versions which will improve with time

So its not a bad situaton :P Chinese J10B already has AESA radar plans

The French Radar was below par anyways - just the missiles were cool but we need to be focused on J10B , we could probbly now get 100 J10B with TOT

These could simply replace the Mirages , which have served us well but the money we would have given to french for just avionics and missiles could now be used for planes + avionics deal which have also engines same price , 100 J10B fighters

I checked the specs on the radar it was not same level as the radar on Rapheal so we are better off negotiating for radars with China which comes with planes

I was interested in the missiles , for our fighters - but we already have enough missiles to send IAF in stone age 10 times ....

I mean if it was the AESA radar on Rapheal then ok I would have been sad , or worried but it was just a radar french were offering

Or we could also invest in Chinese Submarines 6 billion dollars is alot of cash for just missiles & radar lol ... French were getting some sweet deal but what can you say ... sometimes the deal is too good to go down the throat

Last edited:
IMO India alone could not have pressurized France to stop the deal, i think much has to do with the fact that taiwan also uses the same equipment and US was pressurizing France not to sell to Pakistan as the equipment may turn out to be in the Chinese hands.
Another thing off topic though, does this means its over for a possible french marlin deal for PN as well?

Arre yaar.. whats the problem.. France is not the only country with advanced avionics.. If true, it definitely is a diplomatic victory, but nothing more..

Ya and may be a victory on the below thread also ;)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/47747-french-jf-17-deal-could-anger-india-5.html

Yes its a diplomatic vicotry and congratulations to India and a thumps down for Mr 10% since he was on the forefront to shelve other deals (U-214) in favor of French.

It is a very good news. NOW we will move on to build things on our own as we are realizing more and more about some countries.
Better sooner than later.
We are not going to the war tomorrow..we still have time to develop our own technology.

God bless France.

A very bad News for Pakistan.Oh well at least our dear Old Indian Friends would be dancing all over and laughing.Money wins Again.

I was asking about the Italian AESA thing. @Offtopic: Whats with your avatar? :lol:

what making u funny overe here.its my drawing of JF-17 rolling with smokewinders on my Avatar.
and Pakistan is already using Italian avionics in different aircrafts and can go further if needed.:azn:
check out AESA radar of this company,SELEX Galileo - Radar
PAF already using FALCO UAV from the same company and this UAV also contains same small size radar.

now im looking towards the Indian members,how they'll start their dance over here.:lol:

If not France, then you will ask China to supply the avionics.

By the way, no French source has said that Indian lobby was behind this decision. They just highlighted that uncertainty over Pakistani finances was a factor.

Why bring India into everything?

what making u funny overe here.its my drawing of JF-17 rolling with smokewinders on my Avatar.
and Pakistan is already using Italian avionics in different aircrafts and can go further if needed.:azn:
PAF already using FALCO UAV from the same company and this UAV also contains same small size radar.

Thnx! And I wasn't referring to your avatar. It was pkd's. So...what is next for Jf-17?

cant say more till the news is confirmed.. but even if confirmed the words of 'political people' wont change much...

Seems The Indian Pressure..The Indian Contract for Mirage Upgrade, Nuclear sales worth $10 Bilion Plus ( at the beginning.. the market being equivalent to $150 Billion ) and Future Possibility of Rafale Purchase has played the Trick.

A very bad News for Pakistan.Oh well at least our dear Old Indian Friends would be dancing all over and laughing.

There is nothing to rejoice yet..its just that France said no for JF17 avionics....Pakistan still have other alternatives...this atleast shows some result of Indian diplomatic relations.(although thats not necessary):coffee:

Money wins Again.

You are actually right to quite an extent.:tup:

PARIS, April 2 (Reuters) - France's plan to sell 1.2 billion euro ($1.6 billion) worth of military equipment for Pakistan's JF-17 combat aircraft has been held up, a source at President Nicolas Sarkozy's office said on Friday.

Stocks | Global Markets

Newspaper Le Monde had reported earlier that France decided to suspend the sale of electronics and missiles -- the first section of a 6 billion euro contract -- under pressure from India and uncertainty over Pakistan's finances.

"It's a deal that's not ready from the Pakistani side," the source said, without giving further details. "For now, the state of the dossier doesn't allow us to carry on with it."

A consortium made up of French company ATE, arms group Thales (TCFP.PA) and missile manufacturer MBDA was supposed to produce the equipment, Le Monde said. Thales declined to comment.

France was also worried over insufficient protection of its technology, with Pakistan pushing to assemble the equipment on its soil, the paper said.

In February, MBDA said it planned to upgrade India's Mirage 2000 fighters and was looking to expand in India. [ID:nSGE61F0C3]

Le Monde said talks over that upgrade also played a role in the decision. (Reporting by Sophie Hardach and Yann Le Guernigou; editing by Philippa Fletcher)

there is already a thread going on on the same topic...moderator can merge these threads together.

who's going to provide us with lattest AAMS & A2G weapons, we needed something solid & proven for JF-17 & we have lost it :tsk:
some people were even talking about French Avionics & weapons for J-10B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom