What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

@Taimi When a new member comes and does not know if a thread exist, is it not right to point him to a thread instead if being rude. I also want to know if this rule is applicable to only JF17 or same things applies to people asking same question about LCA, Arjun and Indian Missiles etc?

Plz see my above reply to another member in this same regard.

When you click Military Aviation Section, before finding this thread, you can find the JF-17's 4th thread which is sticky.

Also, the member can clearly see the heading of the thread and should know what this thread is all about and what is being talked, discussed and compared.

Still if any confusion, Google is there for help with dozens of articles giving tons of information.

This rule should apply for everything, if i am getting into discussion i should know what i am talking about, if i don't, i should learn little bit and then get into the mud pool.

Still no one has enlightened why "plaaf has not inducted the JF17 since it is considered performing ahead of Mig 29 SMT". Firstly JF17 is intended for export to African countries and Chinese wud really know the actual prospects of this aircraft (JF17)

Still no one has enlightened why "plaaf has not inducted the JF17 since it is considered performing ahead of Mig 29 SMT". Firstly JF17 is intended for export to African countries and Chinese wud really know the actual prospects of this aircraft (JF17)

Let the Chinese engine finalized, then you will get the clear answer to your query.

An FC-1 with all Chinese equipment is flying in China and CAF has been testing the thing and insider reports are that China would be going for the plane, but as said lets wait and let the engine get matured.

And telling for the thousandth time, superiority is not being established among both the planes based on 1 on 1 configuration, rather as an over all package.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand such simple thing.

Sir am asking abt the induction of JF17 in plaaf but u have not replied anthing related to tat.. Where did FC-1 came in now and it's off topic. I just want to know why paf alone inducted this aircraft and not plaaf

Sir am asking abt the induction of JF17 in plaaf but u have not replied anthing related to tat.. Where did FC-1 came in now and it's off topic. I just want to know why paf alone inducted this aircraft and not plaaf

Ooo meray bhai! FC-1 is another name of JF-17 thunder......!

FC-1 is the Chinese designation with all Chinese stuff in it, while JF-17 is for the Pakistani version which has some non-Chinese stuff installed also.

FC-1/JF-17 is the same name of one platform with some difference in the avionics package.

F-16 shot down MiG-29.

mig29bosnia7.jpg

U.S. hasn't inducted MESA (Wedgetail) AEW&C...is that indicative of its capabilities and performance? South Africa didn't induct many Rooivalk, did that mean Rooivalk was sub-par? How many of the MEKO variants did the German Navy induct? No...they're still high performance systems; whether geared for export or dual use it is not indicative of whether they're super high performance or failures. Such black-white contrasts are not reflective of the reality in defence industries.

So the talk has shifted from whether JF-17 is technically inferior to MiG-29 to determining this whether PLAAF inducts or not. Interesting tactic..

U.S. hasn't inducted MESA (Wedgetail) AEW&C...is that indicative of its capabilities and performance? South Africa didn't induct many Rooivalk, did that mean Rooivalk was sub-par? How many of the MEKO variants did the German Navy induct? No...they're still high performance systems; whether geared for export or dual use it is not indicative of whether they're super high performance or failures. Such black-white contrasts are not reflective of the reality in defence industries.

So the talk has shifted from whether JF-17 is technically inferior to MiG-29 to determining this whether PLAAF inducts or not. Interesting tactic..

Sir
We told to all Pakistani members please compare about specifications of both the planes but no one do that
mod told that this is about someones statement so compare specification(radar, engine) is off topic and person who do that again got banned

So what else you expect ??:coffee:

Sir
We told to all Pakistani members please compare about specifications of both the planes but no one do that
mod told that this is about someones statement so compare specification(radar, engine) is off topic and person who do that again got banned

So what else you expect ??:coffee:
So in a dogfight the range, weight and payload differences are going to have a significant impact on the end outcome? I am not talking about such technical specifications, I want to see specifically how MiG-29 is "leagues ahead" of JF-17...showing that the former is bigger isn't a decisive factor. I bet if it were a comparison between F-15SE and Gripen NG the comparisons would not be so generalized and biased against the NG. I know how things magically change whenever "Pakistan" is factored in...and I want to see that so-called decisive evidence of MiG-29 flatly beating out JF-17.

PS: the original premise was that JF-17 was "near" MiG-29 just as it was "near" F-16, yet that was blown out quite a bit. But I like how generalized statements, the same sort which attempted to prove the MiG-21bis could single handedly take out F-16A/B are constantly used without narrowed proof from practical examples.

So in a dogfight the range, weight and payload differences are going to have a significant impact on the end outcome? I am not talking about such technical specifications, I want to see specifically how MiG-29 is "leagues ahead" of JF-17...showing that the former is bigger isn't a decisive factor. I bet if it were a comparison between F-15SE and Gripen NG the comparisons would not be so generalized and biased against the NG. I know how things magically change whenever "Pakistan" is factored in...and I want to see that so-called decisive evidence of MiG-29 flatly beating out JF-17.

PS: the original premise was that JF-17 was "near" MiG-29 just as it was "near" F-16, yet that was blown out quite a bit. But I like how generalized statements, the same sort which attempted to prove the MiG-21bis could single handedly take out F-16A/B are constantly used without narrowed proof from practical examples.

Or what else make one aircraft superior to other ?? range, max speed, radar range
By this logic we can compare any aircraft with any one

You want to see how Mig29 is league ahead so i have to post specification of both the aircrafts but i think that was off-topic here

Or what else make one aircraft superior to other ?? range, max speed, radar range
By this logic we can compare any aircraft with any one

You want to see how Mig29 is league ahead so i have to post specification of both the aircrafts but i think that was off-topic here
It means one plane is bigger than the other, still doesn't mean anything in terms of superiority. By that logic, F-15A should be superior to F-35. Although radar range can be a factor, still doesn't equate to "leagues ahead"...a "league ahead" is like F-16A vs MiG-21. The differences in terms of not only physical performance, but also electronics, radar, weapon-systems are drastically significant. However, what significant "league ahead" worthy difference is there between two fighters with say the same standard of WVR weapon-systems & HMD? As I said earlier...its just the "Pakistani factor" at play here...had it been a comparison between Gripen NG and F-15SE, things would've been viewed much differently.

this is the craziest thread ....the members wantto know how the mig 29 is better than the JFT. but the rule is we cannot talk of technical comparisons for prooving a point...... then how exactly do you guys compare your fighters ? with a crystal ball or a magic mirror-"mirror ,mirror on the wall tell me the best of them all"

this forum is getting crazier by the day

It means one plane is bigger than the other, still doesn't mean anything in terms of superiority. By that logic, F-15A should be superior to F-35.

Why not you comparing Radar Range, Max Speed, Payload capacity.............. just posting that its cheaper and small that doesn't make it equivalent to mig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom