What's new

Jehangir Tareen’s Sugar Mills Post a 170% Increase in Gross Profits in 3 Months

last year sugar was what 48 per kg avg cane price was 190 this year sugar is 60+ and cane prices are same! konsi sciene hai bhai meray ya? i am not anti pti the system is fked up in this country and is only there to serve elites govt jis ki bhi ho!
Dont you see last year sugar companies made losses. Do you want our business to shut down ? Due to this stupid attitude of our people textile sector moved to Bangladesh. you want sugar industry to move too? Let them make profit. He made just bloody .1% profit. Its peanuts. literally its peanuts and you are like he is doing theft.

May Allah give us some thinking ability and to take things on its merits.

Dont you see last year sugar companies made losses. Do you want our business to shut down ? Due to this stupid attitude of our people textile sector moved to Bangladesh. you want sugar industry to move too? Let them make profit. He made just bloody .1% profit. Its peanuts. literally its peanuts and you are like he is doing theft.

May Allah give us some thinking ability and to take things on its merits.
sir a good business is one where everyone invovled make money! govt policies are not consistent i dont even agree with this policy of support price it discourages growers to adopt modern farming practices to increase yield and use their land efficiently open market systen is best not only for growers but also for processors govts only role should be to monitor that there is no hoarding or artifical pricings!

as for 1% profit yes thats peanut but on the other side 60% of our people are engaged in farming their input costs have gone up compared to last yr so if they lose money it will have ahuge effect in our economy we need a system that doesnt favor one group but looks after interests of both the group ie processor and grower!

as for textile well cotton growing wasnt the only factor that forced factories to shift to bangladesh,high input cost, infrastructure, security halat specially in karachi, irreguar supply of electricity growers had no role in shifting of industry out of Pakistan!

sir a good business is one where everyone invovled make money! govt policies are not consistent i dont even agree with this policy of support price it discourages growers to adopt modern farming practices to increase yield and use their land efficiently open market systen is best not only for growers but also for processors govts only role should be to monitor that there is no hoarding or artifical pricings!

as for 1% profit yes thats peanut but on the other side 60% of our people are engaged in farming their input costs have gone up compared to last yr so if they lose money it will have ahuge effect in our economy we need a system that doesnt favor one group but looks after interests of both the group ie processor and grower!

as for textile well cotton growing wasnt the only factor that forced factories to shift to bangladesh,high input cost, infrastructure, security halat specially in karachi, irreguar supply of electricity growers had no role in shifting of industry out of Pakistan!
I agree with all of your points but none of that point justify condemning profit of 0.1% and claiming it as corruption.

And kindly note that profit earned is not even 1% but just 0.1%. If u dont allow them to make profits the growers will become even more worst as there will be no one to buy the sugarcanes.

So while alot of things needs to be improved but there is point of critisizing jahangir tareen or calling him corrupt for this particular profits

I agree with all of your points but none of that point justify condemning profit of 0.1% and claiming it as corruption.

And kindly note that profit earned is not even 1% but just 0.1%. If u dont allow them to make profits the growers will become even more worst as there will be no one to buy the sugarcanes.

So while alot of things needs to be improved but there is point of critisizing jahangir tareen or calling him corrupt for this particular profits
i am not critisizing individual rather system is fked up and favor elites

i am not critisizing individual rather system is fked up and favor elites
On that we agree. System fucked up foe the favor of elites of all political parties establishment and civil servants

There are almost 90 sugar mills in Pakistan. Jehangir Tareen's JDW group owns just 3 of them. Interestingly, largest shareholder in JDW group is ex-Governor Punjab Mukhdoom Syed Ahmed Mahmud (belonging to PPP) at 26.5 percent, followed by Jahangir Tareen at 21.4. Almost 60 mills are owned by PPP and PMLN politicians including Nawaz and Zardari families. Then how come PTI's Jehangir Tareen is "Sugar Mafia" ? Think over it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom