What's new

Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ makes record Rs 7.73 crore business in just three days

Anything nearly three quarters of a century old cannot be called "nascent" by definition, Sir.

That something which was as you say three centuries old was all but dead by mid of 2000's.

This something is totally a new phenomenon based mostly in Karachi not Lahore as was the case with Lollywood.

Again "pathetic" is no where near accurate to describe this.

That something which was as you say three centuries old was all but dead by mid of 2000's.

This something is totally a new phenomenon based mostly in Karachi not Lahore as was the case with Lollywood.

Again "pathetic" is no where near accurate to describe this.

Ah, so you mean "rejuvenated" or even "resurrected" instead of nascent? You may be right, but it will take more than one movie to establish that recovery.

why our idiots cannot come up with a reasonable name for their movies.

BTW if we have to watch bikini clad dances then I should prefer Indian ones not this Pakistani charrba
pls explain charrba!!

Ah, so you mean "rejuvenated" or even "resurrected" instead of nascent? You may be right, but it will take more than one movie to establish that recovery.

Point was this is a totally different industry from the one based in Lahore hence the word "Nascent"

You can use "rejuvenated" if you like but definitely not "pathetic", that i am afraid was way off the mark.

And also this has not been or is a single movie phenomenon.

Point was this is a totally different industry from the one based in Lahore hence the word "Nascent"

You can use "rejuvenated" if you like but definitely not "pathetic", that i am afraid was way off the mark.

And also this has not been or is a single movie phenomenon.

Are we talking about the same thing: the Pakistani film industry. Right?

is crore a legal word? how about lak, arab and kharab ?

Yes, do you want me to go through the numbers again on why it is definitely not in a "pathetic" state?

Sure, please bring on the facts that you think might prove me wrong. Please also tell me which other countries would you think are comparable to Pakistan so that we can see where it falls, relatively speaking.

Lol but I have heard that Indian movies are earning more than this movie in Pakistan.

Good to see the revival of Pakistani cinema. Films, and music are part of cultural development of any country. The success of the film shows that the people of Pakistan appreciate good entertainment.

Abdul Quddus
DET – U.S. Central Command

Sure, please bring on the facts that you think might prove me wrong. Please also tell me which other countries would you think are comparable to Pakistan so that we can see where it falls, relatively speaking.

Let me go through them again

This movie is on target to earn about 450 million rupees.

On Eid two Pakistani movies were released and both collectively also ended up making the same amount of money.

I came across this list of the 21 highest grossing Pakistani movies and interestingly almost all of them are from this new period after 2010.

List of highest-grossing Pakistani films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus proving this is not a one off phenomenon.

So yeah relatively to about 10 years ago or even the pre-Zia era, at least financially the movie business is doing great.

Cinemas being closed down and no one willing to invest in film making is what you would call a "pathetic" situation, not what you are seeing now-a-days.

Let me go through them again

This movie is on target to earn about 450 million rupees.

On Eid two Pakistani movies were released and both collectively also ended up making the same amount of money.

I came across this list of the 21 highest grossing Pakistani movies and interestingly almost all of them are from this new period after 2010.

List of highest-grossing Pakistani films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus proving this is not a one off phenomenon.

So yeah relatively to about 10 years ago or even the pre-Zia era, at least financially the movie business is doing great.

Cinemas being closed down and no one willing to invest in film making is what you would call a "pathetic" situation.

So which country would you like to compare these figures to?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom