BoQ77

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Gareth Jennings, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
15 August 2016

1684106_-_main.jpg

The first F-35 for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) is seen at the Fort Worth production facility ahead of the commencement of flight trials and delivery. Source: Japan Air Self-Defense Force
The first Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) for Japan was photographed at the Fort Worth production facility in mid-August.

The images, released by the Japan Air Self-Defence Force (JASDF) on 14 August, show aircraft 69-8701 (also designated AX-1) in its completed state ahead of flight tests and delivery to the international training fleet at Luke Air Force Base (AFB), Arizona, in the coming weeks. Four aircraft for the JASDF are currently being built at Fort Worth.

Japan has committed itself to buying 28 F-35As over the next five-years (6 of the aircraft are under contract), and has a total requirement of 42 to replace its ageing Mitsubishi-McDonnell Douglas F-4J Kai (Phantom II) aircraft, which have been in service since the early 1970s.

On 25 June 2014, then Japanese defence minister Itsunori Onodera announced that the F-35 would initially be based at Misawa, which is expected to receive the first 4 of about 20 aircraft during fiscal year 2017. The initial operating unit is expected to be either 301 or 302 Squadron.

I dont know, may be I am wrong, but I am feeling that in case of future major conflicts, countries from one side will be equipped with F-35s and other sides with SU-35s.

I dont know, may be I am wrong, but I am feeling that in case of future major conflicts, countries from one side will be equipped with F-35s and other sides with SU-35s.

Is the SU-35 equipped to handle F-35? I am led to believe that Rafael may just be able to take on F-35, but SU-35 too??

Is the SU-35 equipped to handle F-35? I am led to believe that Rafael may just be able to take on F-35, but SU-35 too??
Sir, you need even deeper insights rather than just technology edge analysis. SU-35 may be not better as F-35, but Russia has to do something as good soon. Another aspect is, will Pakistan or China get F-35 in near future? So, there are two things. Russia needs to defend herself and, so do other "US friendly" nations, who are not getting any way out than Russia. Necessity is the key, and , hurrah, there is now great need to match performances to F-35. So that explains I think.

You forget abt the J-20, is it?

You forget abt the J-20, is it?
No I didnt, but China is also getting SU-35. And SU-35 doesnt mean SU-35 only, it also denotes even larger cooperation behind the scenes. I am sure sooner PAKFA type project will also be started between China and Russia, and this project will be materialized. SU-35 is just a start.

Gareth Jennings, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
15 August 2016

1684106_-_main.jpg

The first F-35 for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) is seen at the Fort Worth production facility ahead of the commencement of flight trials and delivery. Source: Japan Air Self-Defense Force
The first Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) for Japan was photographed at the Fort Worth production facility in mid-August.

The images, released by the Japan Air Self-Defence Force (JASDF) on 14 August, show aircraft 69-8701 (also designated AX-1) in its completed state ahead of flight tests and delivery to the international training fleet at Luke Air Force Base (AFB), Arizona, in the coming weeks. Four aircraft for the JASDF are currently being built at Fort Worth.

Japan has committed itself to buying 28 F-35As over the next five-years (6 of the aircraft are under contract), and has a total requirement of 42 to replace its ageing Mitsubishi-McDonnell Douglas F-4J Kai (Phantom II) aircraft, which have been in service since the early 1970s.

On 25 June 2014, then Japanese defence minister Itsunori Onodera announced that the F-35 would initially be based at Misawa, which is expected to receive the first 4 of about 20 aircraft during fiscal year 2017. The initial operating unit is expected to be either 301 or 302 Squadron.
what is the guarantee japs wont use F-35s tech into X-2 shinshin
they are more than capable to do that

No I didnt, but China is also getting SU-35. And SU-35 doesnt mean SU-35 only, it also denotes even larger cooperation behind the scenes. I am sure sooner PAKFA type project will also be started between China and Russia, and this project will be materialized. SU-35 is just a start.
You sounds high on some grass, do you?

No cooperation of PAFKA for China, Russia. China has their J-20 project and it will enter initial operation by end of this year.

Su-35 deal looks stall. If you check properly, there is no follow up and no firm delivery date. Su-35 cannot counter F-35.

You think too highly of them and is based on perception.

based on preception yes but they do have their own program underway
they might use it
asking as a neutral

You sounds high on some grass, do you?

No cooperation of PAFKA for China, Russia. China has their J-20 project and it will enter initial operation by end of this year.

Su-35 deal looks stall. If you check properly, there is no follow up and no firm delivery date. Su-35 cannot counter F-35.

There is no evidence that the Su-35 deal is stalled. Why China want to acquire Su-35?

The Japanese engineers have been busy to investigate the F-35 in Nagoya FACO for months.
As they only get 4 finished F-35A from Lockheed, remain 38 F35A they assemble in Nagoya, Japan.

Yes, the expertise is good for any other project of Japan. Not only manufacture, assembly but operation, maintenance, repair an advanced stealth aircraft.

based on preception yes but they do have their own program underway
they might use it
asking as a neutral
Yes, they have a program and its not even past the prototype stages. They haven even finalise the design or probably never :enjoy: While our one is already LRIP.

Yes, they have a program and its not even past the prototype stages. They haven even finalise the design or probably never :enjoy: While our one is already LRIP.
even J21 was once in a prototype stage
i would rather over estimate my enemy rather than under estimating them
but yes in my debates i've always managed that Japan do poses but not a very big threat to china

SU-35 and Rafale are not stealth fighters whereas the F-35 is. So obviously the F-35 has the edge.

Back
Top Bottom