What's new

Japan’s new stealth jet fighter has been officially unveiled

Well technologically they are, but they are also far ahead of China too. China was able to come up with the biggest 5th gen fighter ever. It is technologically possible for India to build a 5th gen plane. I dont see a reason why not?? But we lack govt support and biggest of all we lack BALLSSSSS..

GOI is scared to invest billions in an all Indian program, instead they chose to suck Russian Dick.

Two countriesvyou mentioned earler was developed nations.China is a 9.5trillion $ economy even if they are developing nation and can fund any luxurious program without any public consent.
All these cant happen in India. a 2.3trillion $ economy with 125crore people.
Fifth generation program is a luxurious R&D effect.
It will take time.

ATD-X-first-prototype.jpg

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...NgPqUltLtr6ewW4wuxqfeig&bvm=bv.70810081,d.c2E

Well technologically they are, but they are also far ahead of China too. China was able to come up with the biggest 5th gen fighter ever. It is technologically possible for India to build a 5th gen plane. I dont see a reason why not?? But we lack govt support and biggest of all we lack BALLSSSSS..

GOI is scared to invest billions in an all Indian program, instead they chose to suck Russian Dick.

In civilian technology maybe, but not in military technology.

Next Gen F-15 to say the least, disappointing...

It is just a 1/3rd scale prototype meant to test the technologies that will be used on the final full-size model.

The Japanese are highly advanced in areas like airframe, radar/electronics, missiles and they have a decent engine technology as well. There is no reason they cannot produce a competitive 5th generation fighter in about a decade's time.

I don't think so Japan will go for two different developments of Next Gen. They already ordered and more could be ordered; F-35 is a heavy duty Aircraft Numbers could be increased later in Years where as this current prototype/design revealed which would be refined over some years would have a role of Air Superiority but I am still wary if Japan would manufacture more than 6 squadrons max the costs would be too much if we look at F-2 the numbers are restricted well below 90 with 5 lost.

Under the current scenario older most F-15Js could be given MLU as DJ variant at has been to extend their life for atleast next 15 years.So the mixed fleet could come how look like this in the future

F-35A 70 [42 ordered 28 option further possible]
F-3 70 possibly up to 140 [ATD-X is actually program name for F-3 post Prototype product so don't get confused with 2 different products.]
F-15DJ 42-48
F-2 79

Roughly makes up for current Squadron strength.

Back
Top Bottom