What's new

Japanese Warships in Training with Pakistan Navy's Saif!

@waz @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Atanz @Jango -- brothers, good to see this development. :)

12745850_1044711722257212_895730170196061719_n.jpg

12744219_1044711718923879_348587007070748231_n.jpg

12715491_1044711805590537_2626604340639610541_n.jpg

We see you, Pakisan Navy Ship Saif! :)
Thanks for sharing
Nice development there. Hope to see that Japan and China don't let the island dispute get out of hand. I see that some country's are eager to be used by USA as proxy in south China sea but thankfully I don't see any war of words between Japan and China.

What class of Japanese ships are involved in exercise?

@waz @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Atanz @Jango -- brothers, good to see this development. :)

12745850_1044711722257212_895730170196061719_n.jpg

12744219_1044711718923879_348587007070748231_n.jpg

12715491_1044711805590537_2626604340639610541_n.jpg

We see you, Pakisan Navy Ship Saif! :)

Heartwarming to see exercises with our Asian brothers and sisters from the land of the rising sun. Pakistanis look up to Japan immensely. I would encourage my Pakistani kin and any Japanese reading this to know of the loving history we had. I'm not talking about token gestures between states here, but real acts of selflessness and love between the two countries.

Here are a few things you can read up on;
-Pakistan played a significant role during 1947-51 in lifting the Occupation and restoring of Japan's sovereignty.
-Pakistan established diplomatic and trade contacts with Japan since 1948 – long before Japanese sovereignty was restored by the Allied Powers.
- Unlike many Asian countries, Pakistan waived off war reparations to Japan to help build its economy.
- Pakistan was among the first few countries that had ratified the Japanese peace treaty.
-Pakistan also played a leading role in Japan's postwar economic revival in the 1950s, by exporting cotton and jute to Japan as textile was the only industry allowed to revive under the Occupation.
-Japan signed a trade agreement with Pakistan in July 1948, which was also the first trade agreement signed by Japan with any country after the war.
In order to meet the acute shortage of food in Japan caused after the war, Pakistan shipped 60,000 tons of rice through Nichimen vessels to Japan in 1952 and 1953 carrying the signboard ‘Donated Rice to the Emperor of Japan by the Government of Pakistan’.
-Pakistan’s export was on deferred payment as Japan was short of foreign exchange.
-Pakistan's Prime Minister Hussain Shaheed Suharawardy was the first Asian leader to visit Japan in April 1957.

Over the years, we diverged on certain issues, but I see the stars aligning and destiny bringing us together in mutual love and brotherhood again. I also see a warm and lasting peace between our dear brother China and brother Japan.

can't we collaborate with JAPAN to improve our NAVAL arm ?? i mean even if they cannot help us in improving our naval warships atleast they could help us improve our docks ports and harbors to a good standard i mean why not let JAPAN develop the Karachi port give it to them for 30 years atleast just for development purposes ??? :P

Indians already hate China for CPEC, if Japan help Pakistan with Karachi port, Indians will have another extra 30 years sleepless night:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indians already hate China for CPEC, if Japan help Pakistan with Karachi port, Indians will have another extra 30 years sleepless night:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sincerely who cares :rofl::rofl::rofl:
rt61m125oa.jpg

But on a serious note we should let japanese work at karachi port for atleast 10 to 15 years give it to them give some benefits of it to them and work with 50% share on the improvement cost ... Could be a massive win win for both the nations :)

Last edited:
Sincerely who cares :rofl::rofl::rofl:
rt61m125oa.jpg

But on a serious note we should let japanese work at karachi port for atleast 10 to 15 years give it to them give some benefits of it to them and work with 50% share on the improvement cost ... Could be a massive win win for both the nations :)

It will be great for Pakistan if Japan can help boosting Pakistan economy and infrastructure but your giant neighbor from the south will be pi$$ed big time, the last thing they want is to see that happen.:lol::lol:

can't we collaborate with JAPAN to improve our NAVAL arm ?? i mean even if they cannot help us in improving our naval warships atleast they could help us improve our docks ports and harbors to a good standard i mean why not let JAPAN develop the Karachi port give it to them for 30 years atleast just for development purposes ??? :P

Perhaps we can approach this in context to South Asia's development, @Shariq786 .

Considering the new initiative in Japan to reach out to South Asia, which I believe is rightly so and is so long overdue, it is important for Japan to develop stronger , comprehensive ties with key powers in South Asia. Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka are all included in this equation. Japanese delegation know very well of the sensitivities in South Asia, given the historical premise, and thus our strategy in courting and opening with these countries is not in anyway trying to create unease between one country with the other. Given Japan has an 'All Inclusive' policy with South Asia, it is so important for our diplomats, and delegates of the Keidanren to show no partiality. To answer your question, it is unfortunate that there are some minority cases of impolite manners by some people, but these do not represent the continuity of the country whom they hail from.

Let me go into detail on some of the issues that Japan would like to address regarding the nations in South Asia. Here is my own analysis:

Pakistan
  • Strengths:
  1. Large skilled work force
  2. A very cooperative and "Time Tested" Strategic Friendship between Japan and Pakistan (Since 1947)
  3. Has the 2nd largest gas infrastructure in the world -- provides the framework for wider infrastructure development, industrial capacity
  4. Work class education institutions in the region , eg, Aga Khan University, Lahore University of Management Sciences, National University of Science and Technology et al
  5. Growing telecom industry
  6. Very good road net work
  • Weaknesses:
  1. Security issue in the Northwest Region -- this is a major issue for FDIs.
India

• Strengths
  2. Close partnership ties with Japan ; long history of infrastructure projects
  3. Large infrastructure projects
  4. Developed ports
  • Weaknesses:
  1. "regulatory uncertainty" should be reduced to promote more private sector investment.
  2. "Reforms to further promote the development of a dynamic and efficient financial sector are needed to support investment and growth,"
  3. The country should further ease FDI restrictions in aviation, multi-brand retail and other sectors
  4. Tax regime in regards to Foreign Companies -- this needs to be resolved, else it will delay FDIs / Foreign offshoring to India, or worse, could lead to these companies to select other countries per se, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan.
Bangladesh

• Strengths:
  2. Close strategic partnership with Japan since 1972
  3. Lack of FDI restrictions
  4. Natural resources are plentiful
  • Weaknesses
  1. Energy grid situation needs improvement
@Nihonjin1051 's Comprehensive Meta-Analysis

As we can see there are many opportunities (i like to use the word 'opportunity' rather than 'challenges' because these barriers to a nation allow a nation to develop strategies to address these threats and to implement procedures and policies to remedy it-- and in a holistic vantage point , will benefit the nation in the long run) for each of the major powers in South Asia. This century is an 'Asian Century' because we are expected to see the further rise and development of Asia. China, for example, is expected to become a major consumer player, and as its cost of living increases, the FDIs and foreign offshore manufacturing plants located in China will eventually migrate to developing countries that have a wider set of opportunities. South Asia as well as South East Asia are the next 'Asian Tigers'. As Foreign Investments pour into South Asia, this will drive governments to tackle security issues, energy demand issues, as well as tax regimes that will encourage a 'hospitable' environment for businesses. In my opinion, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan are going to be the target of not only Japanese, but other foreign investors. Bangladesh, in my opinion, has a favorable advantage because of the fact that her population is not as large as India and thus the time it will take to develop and increase the standard of living / and gdp per capita won't be as long as India. Bangladesh also does not have the security issues that Pakistan is plagued with, given there are security concerns with Burma , but diplomatic play can easily turn the most annoying neighbor into a compliant partner. In regards to Japanese and Bangladeshi partnership, it is a Win-Win Relationship. Inshallah.

Sincerely Yours,
I Remain,
@Nihonjin1051

Japan has no security issues with ANY nation in South Asia, in fact, Japan is God-Blessed in that we have a healthy, dynamic, and respectable rapport with all of South Asia. As we speak, we have nearing 800 investment firms and companies operating in Bangladesh, we are developing the Matarbari Deep Seaport , which will revolutionize the trade capacity of Bangladesh and will definite create immense job opportunities for Bangladeshis and development for Dhaka as well as Chitagong region.

In addition to that, my friend, Bangladesh has gifted Japan a 'Technological City' which will be able to accomodate over 1000 Japanese businesses in close proximity to Matarbari, these Japanese businesses means that Bangladesh (a nation of over 156 million) will be able to accomodate more Japanese investments and re-shoring. We are looking at the potential to bring infrastructure, manufacturing jobs from China to Bangladesh. You can bet that the future is exceedingly bright for Japan and Bangladesh and the partnership will only go higher.

Now, in regards to India. India is a large partner for Japan in various ways as the partnership is deep and includes cooperation in the grass roots level, the civic engagement level, infrastructure level, energy supply level, investment level, research and design level, advanced academic bilateral level, to the defense training level vis a vis Malabar. India is home to over 1,350 Japanese businesses and this number will continue to increase as trade between the two countries reaches newer heights.

Now in regards to Sri Lanka. Japan has been an active player in the revitalization of Sri Lanka post-Civil War, and have contributed medical, social aid to the rehabitation of the communities in north of the island, areas that are heavily populated by Tamils. Japan has helped revitalize Singhala communities as well and have , through the arms of JICA, supported ethnic harmony in Sri Lanka. Japan and the ADB (Asian Development Bank) have poured Billions into the creation of road way infrastructure in Sri Lanka, and to help connect the country together. As we speak Japan is vested in a new roadway , an expansion of the E02 expressway and more.

In regards to Pakistan, Japan has played a very active role in the revitalization of the Paktunwa region where low health standards continues to affect the children there , and through cooperation with the Government of Pakistan , JICA has worked in providing necessary nutritional supplementation , education services, health services. Japan and Pakistan work through necessary channels to find practical solutions to the day to day needs of the Pakistani people; such include the Japanese funding of weather monitoring systems in Pakistan, flood alert systems, funding of power generators hydrolectric material. Japan is also vested in Pakistan industry and has helped Paksitan augment its booming textile industry. These are just some examples, and do not illustrate the all inclusive and deep nature of Japan's vested interest in Pakistan. As Pakistan develops and stabilizes, there is no reason why Japanese investments can't come in ; in fact Japan will bring in more investments to Pakistan as we speak.

Interview: ‘Japanese are very interested to invest in Pakistan’ –Japanese Ambassador Hiroshi Inomata | Pakistan Today

So, let me end this by saying that Japan, as a mature and reliable partner and friend, as we have shown through history, in context to South Asia, will remain vested and an active partner in the development of South Asia. Japan wishes for STABILITY and COOPERATION in SOUTH ASIA. And I believe that Japan has a role as a conduit in which all sides and all parties in SOUTH ASIA can cooperate together and increase intraregional trade, awareness and respect.

I dare to say that.

Regards,
@Nihonjin1051

I would love to see such a development happen, actually. It is evidently clear that the great powers in South Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal) are integral for the success of the One Belt One Road, Maritime Silk Road that all Asia will benefit from. We must , in spirit of collectivity, work with partners to minimize security differences and threat perceptions as the overall paradigm of inclusive rapid economic growth is prioritized. China has already an unprecedented role in the development of Pakistan, and this should be hailed and appreciated by not only Pakistan, but also by Japan and other key Pro-Trade oriented economies in Asia as the relative stability of Pakistan is critical to the entire Western and Southern Asian Region. If Japan can help in this process through more active infrastructure development, then, by all means, yes, of course. But I should say we must allow our politicians dictate the environment upon which this can be realized. I am highly optimistic, no doubt.

:tup::tup:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom