What's new

Japanese Warship Kaga is becoming an aircraft carrier

So, here's an inexplicable point you've been holding on to
Cat and arresting at the same time. Why do you want to do this? Obviously neither French nor Indian carriers can do this, so why are you insisting on this requirement?
Who told you French and indian Carrier can't do this? Smaller aircraft need less distant to stop and less run off to launch, if you don't know this, that only mean you know shit about Physics

And if you can't do both, you are going to have hours off your flight plan either just recovering aircraft or launching aircraft, are you going to ask your enemy not to strike you while you recovering your aircraft? Because you can't launch any when you are spending at least 5 minutes each to recover the 20 or 30 or so aircraft you launch you can't operate flight deck like this, if you still don't know why, that only mean you know shit about carrier operation.

That's in itself is an inexplicable point, and then you talk about what the French did and what the Indian did, whether or not what they do, China did not fly Rafale nor Mig-29K, again, what is the point of talking about this?

Who told you French and indian Carrier can't do this? Smaller aircraft need less distant to stop and less run off to launch, if you don't know this, that only mean you know shit about Physics

And if you can't do both, you are going to have hours off your flight plan either just recovering aircraft or launching aircraft, are you going to ask your enemy not to strike you while you recovering your aircraft? Because you can't launch any when you are spending at least 5 minutes each to recover the 20 or 30 or so aircraft you launch you can't operate flight deck like this, if you still don't know why, that only mean you know shit about carrier operation.

That's in itself is an inexplicable point, and then you talk about what the French did and what the Indian did, whether or not what they do, China did not fly Rafale nor Mig-29K, again, what is the point of talking about this?
lol, Cat and arresting at the same time when the takeoff location is in the angled runway???
Who told you that the takeoff and landing distances of the Rafale and the Mig-29 are so small that they can be performed on an angled deck at the same time?
Of course, considering that you actually think that the Nimitz class carries 90,000 tons of aviation fuel, I think this is your own wrong thinking again.

Also, what led you to think that the carrier would need to scramble to counter the attack while recovering, rather than sending out security aircraft before recovering? You keep saying that your brother is a pilot in the Marine Corps, yet you don't even know the standard security tactics of an aircraft carrier during recovery? ?

Last edited:
lol, Cat and arresting at the same time when the takeoff location is in the angled runway???

Are you that stupid? So Cat 1 and 2 at the fwd of the boat can't use and you have to use Cat 3 and 4 on the angled deck to launch when you are recovering aircraft??

Also, you can launch aircraft at 3 (or 4) when you recover an aircraft, that's why they are angled

Who told you that the takeoff and landing distances of the Rafale and the Mig-29 are so small that they can be performed on an angled deck at the same time?

Who told you not? And I had known for a fact that Rafale and Mig-29K can take off at the angled deck, I had been on both CDG and the Indian Carrier and seen their operation.

_DSC0264.jpg

I have been in their shipyard, have you?

If not, you have YouTube, right? Look it up.

On the other hand, again, what's the point, are you using Mig-29K in your Chinese Carrier? Or Are you using Rafale? So what really is the point when we are talking about the Chinese and you are telling me what Indian navy can or cannot do.
Of course, considering that you actually think that the Nimitz class carries 90,000 tons of aviation fuel, I think this is your own wrong thinking again.
First of all, that is the information I have, which you had not rebuked, because as I said before, otherwise an aircraft carrier wouldn't be 110,000 tons fully loaded if they only carry 9000 tons of fuel. Because there are actually putting the size of 6 destroyer, but it should have been 10.

And were you the one who think Sailor don't bring anything onboard for a 6-month deployment? And don't have firearms and body armour? LOL Talk about wrong thinking, how about Taiwan would have a problem finding 400 pilot to fly F-16 on a 24 million population?

What kind of LOL moment is that??

What a waste of time talking to you, as you offer no insight on anything and just comparing apple and oranges, so please do not reply to any of my post, I am not going to waste my time on you.

Your group does the same in fact this tradition of laughing at tragedies is your tradition that your group started. And in any case his response was to you saying that Japan would smoke China if there's a war. Imagine the reverse where some Chinese member says China would smoke your country if it came to war. The usual response would be something similar in nature, to demean or diminish China with a selected example.

On topic, Japan would not be able to smoke anything. Japan today is not Japan of 1930s. Compare relative global standing and wealth. Japan would need to militarize for several decades before it is at China's current firepower level. Yes yes details matter but China is no weakling in the detailed bits either. Plus if Japan gets the nuke, China will ensure NK and Iran not only have delivery systems that can smoke Japan and USA, they would be mass producing nukes and missiles. A game Japan wants to play?

Nobody gives a shit about North Korea
If you give Iran nukes Saudis will make sure you pay through the nose

Are you that stupid? So Cat 1 and 2 at the fwd of the boat can't use and you have to use Cat 3 and 4 on the angled deck to launch when you are recovering aircraft??

Also, you can launch aircraft at 3 (or 4) when you recover an aircraft, that's why they are angled

Who told you not? And I had known for a fact that Rafale and Mig-29K can take off at the angled deck, I had been on both CDG and the Indian Carrier and seen their operation.

View attachment 924336

I have been in their shipyard, have you?

If not, you have YouTube, right? Look it up.

On the other hand, again, what's the point, are you using Mig-29K in your Chinese Carrier? Or Are you using Rafale? So what really is the point when we are talking about the Chinese and you are telling me what Indian navy can or cannot do.

First of all, that is the information I have, which you had not rebuked, because as I said before, otherwise an aircraft carrier wouldn't be 110,000 tons fully loaded if they only carry 9000 tons of fuel. Because there are actually putting the size of 6 destroyer, but it should have been 10.

And were you the one who think Sailor don't bring anything onboard for a 6-month deployment? And don't have firearms and body armour? LOL Talk about wrong thinking, how about Taiwan would have a problem finding 400 pilot to fly F-16 on a 24 million population?

What kind of LOL moment is that??

What a waste of time talking to you, as you offer no insight on anything and just comparing apple and oranges, so please do not reply to any of my post, I am not going to waste my time on you.
lol, have you seen them operate on CDG and Indian carriers? You see the Rafale and the Mig-29K taking off and landing on the sloping deck at the same time? Don't dream, dude.

lol, have you seen them operate on CDG and Indian carriers? You see the Rafale and the Mig-29K taking off and landing on the sloping deck at the same time? Don't dream, dude.
Dreaming is when you can't take a picture like this and said you were there

INS SAHYADRI.jpg

Didn't you know I used to work in military intelligence? My first job after leaving the military is with L-3, I will let you figure out the rest if you could.

By the way, I also have had been on a British Type 45 warship and Singaporean warship, you want to see picture of those too?

On the other hand, you do know Cat 2 on Charles de Gaulle is ON the angled deck, right??

631657.jpg

but sure, according to you, they just use it for show, it's not actually able to launch any aircraft...

(Sorry, Camera is not allowed on CDG when I visited so no photo for that)

Of course, what you don't know does not happen because you don't know, instead of learning, you keep going deep into a rabbit hole and think you can talk your way out, I don't do that. that's why I have 383 positive rating on this forum, and you? LOL

Last edited:
Dreaming is when you can't take a picture like this and said you were there

View attachment 924338

Didn't you know I used to work in military intelligence? My first job after leaving the military is with L-3, I will let you figure out the rest if you could.

By the way, I also have had been on a British Type 45 warship and Singaporean warship, you want to see picture of those too?

On the other hand, you do know Cat 2 on Charles de Gaulle is ON the angled deck, right??

View attachment 924340
but sure, according to you, they just use it for show, it's not actually able to launch any aircraft...

(Sorry, Camera is not allowed on CDG when I visited so no photo for that)

Of course, what you don't know does not happen because you don't know, instead of learning, you keep going deep into a rabbit hole and think you can talk your way out, I don't do that. that's why I have 383 positive rating on this forum, and you? LOL
lol, dude. you are showing your ignorance.
Didn't you know that Cat 1 is also ON the angled deck?
When the plane lands, the entire angled deck must be clean. Instead of having aircraft interfere with landing on Cat 1.
Of course, this is the normal level of dreaming for someone who believes that carriers do not rely on alert planes flying before recovering aircraft, but instead rely on scrambled aircraft to counter an attack while recovering the aircraft.
la44444.png

Nobody gives a shit about North Korea
If you give Iran nukes Saudis will make sure you pay through the nose
Then they would not sanction North Korea.

Japan doesn't have a strong naval traditon, that was almost a century ago, one can argue China had a strong naval tradition because Zhenghe's navy sailed to much of the known world in Ming dynasty.

Japan can hit China everywhere? maybe , but even north Korea can hit everywhere in Japan, it's not wise for Japan to hit anyone for its own very existence.
North Korea could have hit anywhere in mainland Japan since late 1990s.

lol, dude. you are showing your ignorance.
Didn't you know that Cat 1 is also ON the angled deck?
When the plane lands, the entire angled deck must be clean. Instead of having aircraft interfere with landing on Cat 1.
Of course, this is the normal level of dreaming for someone who believes that carriers do not rely on alert planes flying before recovering aircraft, but instead rely on scrambled aircraft to counter an attack while recovering the aircraft.
View attachment 924407
Exactly how stupid were you? If you can't launch and receive aircraft at the same time, how or why exactly you need an angled deck? For fun?? CDG don't have Piston Aircraft, it makes no sense at all if they would have a angled deck if flight operation is going to be interrupted by landing. It used to be you launch piston on one and jet on the other so you don't need to recalculate presure

Secondly, on an angled deck, in the event of a waveoff or a “bolter” (failure of the tailhook to snag a wire) the pilot added power and went around for another approach. Flight deck operations could continue without interruption.

But then sure, the French don't know how to design an aircraft carrier according to you.

And the part about sending covering fighter off first is just pure comedic gold, I am not talking about you send aircraft to intercept incoming attack genius, I am talking about if you can't do both, you will have hours stuck on either accepting aircraft and launching them. Do you even know the flow of the aircraft carrier?

The Fwd Lift are always used to take recovered aircraft back to hanger, and the Aft Lift are always used to take the aircraft from hanger to flight deck, they are doing this so when an aircraft is preparing to land, you can still pump an alert 5 into the queue and immediately taxi it to the cat after the incoming aircraft land, because that plane will go straight toward the fwd. lift and straight down to hanger, so you exchange one to one. One leave hanger, one going back.

If you can't launch and recover aircraft at the same time, and you need to wait until one operation is completely finished then do the other, the issue is NOT going to be you can't launch fighter to cover your ***, but you will jam the queue because you are either adding or dispensing that queue, if you have 10 incoming aircraft you need to land, and 10 aircraft going up, and you can only do 1 things OR the other but not both, that mean you either have 10 aircraft waiting at the deck after they land because you can't launch those 10 alert 5 that is ready to launch, they will still be in the hanger and the incoming won't be able to get there because THEY WOULD STILL BE IN THE HANGER. And if you launch all 10 aircraft first, you may not be able to trap the incoming 10 as they will be running on fume. Becuase those aircraft come from the aft lift, they will be jamming up the deck, and you can do shit until you launch them all, that's gonna take hours

You AL:WAYS have aircraft on Alert, some will be on deck, some will be in the hanger. This is why you are going to die if you cannot launch and recover at the same time, not because you depends on the alert to launch when you were attacked

Dude, you are funny. But that's like cringe level funny.

Exactly how stupid were you? If you can't launch and receive aircraft at the same time, how or why exactly you need an angled deck? For fun?? CDG don't have Piston Aircraft, it makes no sense at all if they would have a angled deck if flight operation is going to be interrupted by landing. It used to be you launch piston on one and jet on the other so you don't need to recalculate presure

But then sure, the French don't know how to design an aircraft carrier according to you.

And the part about sending covering fighter off first is just pure comedic gold, I am not talking about you send aircraft to intercept incoming attack genius, I am talking about if you can't do both, you will have hours stuck on either accepting aircraft and launching them. Do you even know the flow of the aircraft carrier?

The Fwd Lift are always used to take recovered aircraft back to hanger, and the Aft Lift are always used to take the aircraft from hanger to flight deck, they are doing this so when an aircraft is preparing to land, you can still pump an alert 5 into the queue and immediately taxi it to the cat after the incoming aircraft land, because that plane will go straight toward the fwd. lift and straight down to hanger, so you exchange one to one. One leave hanger, one going back.

If you can't launch and recover aircraft at the same time, and you need to wait until one operation is completely finished then do the other, the issue is NOT going to be you can't launch fighter to cover your ***, but you will jam the queue because you are either adding or dispensing that queue, if you have 10 incoming aircraft you need to land, and 10 aircraft going up, and you can only do 1 things OR the other but not both, that mean you either have 10 aircraft waiting at the deck after they land because you can't launch those 10 alert 5 that is ready to launch, they will still be in the hanger and the incoming won't be able to get there because THEY WOULD STILL BE IN THE HANGER. And if you launch all 10 aircraft first, you may not be able to trap the incoming 10 as they will be running on fume. Becuase those aircraft come from the aft lift, they will be jamming up the deck, and you can do shit until you launch them all, that's gonna take hours

You AL:WAYS have aircraft on Alert, some will be on deck, some will be in the hanger. This is why you are going to die if you cannot launch and recover at the same time, not because you depends on the alert to launch when you were attacked

Dude, you are funny. But that's like cringe level funny.
lol, dude didn't you see the picture in the link you gave yourself? Simultaneous takeoff and landing is possible because large carriers have takeoff points that do not interfere with the angled deck. The Charles de Gaulle did not have such a take-off point.
So, you're using an elephant as a metaphor for a chicken.
Stop your delusions.
Let me just ask, do you admit that the angled deck must be clean when the plane lands on it? If yes, then how does the Charles de Gaulle do what you say it takes off and lands on the angled deck at the same time?
la911.png
la92.png

Last edited:
lol, dude didn't you see the picture in the link you gave yourself? Simultaneous takeoff and landing is possible because large carriers have takeoff points that do not interfere with the angled deck. The Charles de Gaulle did not have such a take-off point.
So, you're using an elephant as a metaphor for a chicken.
Stop your delusions.
Let me just ask, do you admit that the angled deck must be clean when the plane lands on it? If yes, then how does the Charles de Gaulle do what you say it takes off and lands on the angled deck at the same time?
View attachment 924450View attachment 924451
First of all, CDG have the first cat on the edge of the slipway, that was not used for landing, and you land at the centerline, and of course it is "Obstructed" if you put a E-2C on it, it won't affect flight operation. At that point, either the aircraft have arrested, or have to pull up because if you can't pull up at Cat 1 position, you are going directly into the sea.

Again, just answer me this, if CDG can't do both, why they go for Angled Deck to begin with?

Also, Cat 2 on Nimitz also touches the slipway in case you have not noticed

maxresdefault (1).jpg

First of all, CDG have the first cat on the edge of the slipway, that was not used for landing, and you land at the centerline, and of course it is "Obstructed" if you put a E-2C on it, it won't affect flight operation. At that point, either the aircraft have arrested, or have to pull up because if you can't pull up at Cat 1 position, you are going directly into the sea.

Again, just answer me this, if CDG can't do both, why they go for Angled Deck to begin with?

Also, Cat 2 on Nimitz also touches the slipway in case you have not noticed

View attachment 924453
LOL, DUDE.
Haven't any pilots ever told you that all it takes is a gust of wind on the deck to cause an off-center landing? Margin, man, some margin is a must.

The French should of course choose the Angled Deck, as it provides better landing conditions.
The angled design, invented by Rear Admiral Dennis Cambell of the British Royal Navy, and presented to the America in 1951, offered a few distinct advantages over other options. In the case of an aborted landing, and angled runway gave returning planes plenty of room and open air to speed up and take off again.
So, DUDE, tell me why the French shouldn't choose the Angled Deck?
So, DUDE. You can't see the video of Cat 2 on Nimitz being used while landing at sametime

LOL, DUDE.
Haven't any pilots ever told you that all it takes is a gust of wind on the deck to cause an off-center landing? Margin, man, some margin is a must.

lol, can you fly? I can, I have a private pilot license.

Cross wind doesn't blow you off course, it flips you upside down. Either you are that incompentent and can't use the rudder to control your craft flying into the wind, or the wind is strong enough to blow you up

The French should of course choose the Angled Deck, as it provides better landing conditions.
The angled design, invented by Rear Admiral Dennis Cambell of the British Royal Navy, and presented to the America in 1951, offered a few distinct advantages over other options. In the case of an aborted landing, and angled runway gave returning planes plenty of room and open air to speed up and take off again.

So, DUDE, tell me why the French shouldn't choose the Angled Deck?

And what cause the obstruction in case of aborted landing and have to do a TOGA that angled deck is trying to avoid.

The thing that you are accusing the CDG would have, Cat 1 blocking the approach. So you tell why they build an angle deck yet build a cat that would obstruct said deck operation, as you claim?

So, DUDE. You can't see the video of Cat 2 on Nimitz being used while landing at sametime

lol. but they do. Well, not launching but parking with the Blast Defector on at the Cat 2 position while someone is landing, which basically is the same thing. (Probably did take off after the plane landed and video stopped, I don't know)

At 0:35 also screen capped it so you can't say you can't find it

Cat 2 landing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom