What's new

Japanese companies debut at international defense fair

And what is the per unit cost, in US$?

Its armed with the Mitsubishi AAM-4 , and AAM-4B:

1024px-JASDF_AAM-4B_20131124.JPG

AAM-4.jpg

under estimating F-2 will be silly as it carry AESA radar.

General characteristics

Performance

Armament

Avionics

Japan only needs to mature its defense industry and in some time they will come up with innovative systems.

Maybe Japan could sell us surplus P-3C Orions MPA with NOD from US.

there is more potential for JV with Japan on upgrading current systems or building new ones.

how good this tank is when compared to other tanks in the world and can it give us new tech for our tanks?

TK-X Main Battle Tank | Military-Today

Now tell me, why wouldn't one buy a Lockheed F16 -Blk61, and go for a Mitsubishi F2?

One critical difference is that the F2 fighter achieves a higher altitude, the airframe is larger than the F16Block60/61, and our current AESA radar system gives our fighter the qualitative advantage. We have also now our own designed AAM-4, AAM-4B on all planes.

The F16 variants are good fighters, and definitely a good option for air forces. They are also much cheaper than our F2. So it will be more favorable for nations with limited defense expenditure.

One critical difference is that the F2 fighter achieves a higher altitude, the airframe is larger than the F16Block60/61, and our current AESA radar system gives our fighter the qualitative advantage. We have also now our own designed AAM-4, AAM-4B on all planes.

The F16 variants are good fighters, and definitely a good option for air forces. They are also much cheaper than our F2. So it will be more favorable for nations with limited defense expenditure.

under estimating F-2 will be silly as it carry AESA radar.
SO does the Blk60/61, a better AESA radar I might add.

1) You need to technically compare the F2 with the Blk61, without going into details, three things immediately give the Blk61 an advantage, The APG80 radar, Internal IRST, and a more powerful engine.

2) Since it's technically 40% still made by the US, do the Japanese have permission to export it?

3) Who in his right mind would buy an F2 when they can get a technologically superior product like the Blk61 +/- the same price?

4) The brownie the points you get from buying form the US............? I'm not even going to go there!

1) You need to technically compare the F2 with the Blk61, without going into details, three things immediately give the Blk61 an advantage, The APG80 radar, Internal IRST, and a more powerful engine.
2) Since it's technically 40% still made by the US, do the Japanese have permission to export it?
3) Who in his right mind would buy an F2 when they can get a technologically superior product like the Blk61 +/- the same price?
4) The brownie the points you get from buying form the US............? I'm not even going to go there!

How u can claim that their radar is not good??

It is not necessary that Japan offer sale of F-2, what I m suggesting that we can get benefit where they have tech available for developing new advance systems which we can't develop, we can have our advance AESA radar and advance sub working with them, and all those things you mentioned about Blk-60/61 can end up in F-2 too, which will make it more lethal. Its not a big deal for Japan to get those stuff, they can have even better then that from US having JV with them.

The Desert Falcon definitely is a air superiority fighter, and it will be of interest for countries that have already pre-esisting F-16s and needing to upgrade it. But as i said, the F-2 has a more capable avionics system, and can achieve higher elevation.

Yes, we can export it. One country that has been looking into the F2 was South Korea, Taiwan.

How u can claim that their radar is not good??

It is not necessary that Japan offer sale of F-2, what I m suggesting that we can get benefit where they have tech available for developing new advance systems which we can't develop, we can have our advance AESA radar and advance sub working with them, and all those things you mentioned about Blk-60/61 can end up in F-2 too, which will make it more lethal. Its not a big deal for Japan to get those stuff, they can have even better then that from US having JV with them.

Definitely, as we open up to international markets, this will drive our defense industry to produce more qualitative products for our partners.

;)

The Desert Falcon definitely is a air superiority fighter, and it will be of interest for countries that have already pre-esisting F-16s and needing to upgrade it. But as i said, the F-2 has a more capable avionics system, and can achieve higher elevation.

Yes, we can export it. One country that has been looking into the F2 was South Korea, Taiwan.

Definitely, as we open up to international markets, this will drive our defense industry to produce more qualitative products for our partners.

;)
i do not believe Japanese weapons are good unless you sell to BD at low price :dirol:

Back
Top Bottom