What's new

Japanese Airforce versus Chinese Airforce

Which Airforce will be victorious?

• Japan's

• China's

Results are only viewable after voting.
On IAF v/s PLAAF, I voted for IAF.

On this one I voted for PLAAF. Japanese Air Force is low on numbers and does not have much to show in experience. So overall PLAAF should be able to defeat Japanese AIr Force.

Honestly,JAF is not better than south korea.F15J is way too old and can't compete with F15K,and ROKAF has more than 150 F16 C/D.

DSI is only one piece of a much larger set of parts needed to make an aircraft. I do not understand the obsession with this specific part when much more important components such as China's production of 3rd Generation fighterborne AESA is in the works

DSI looks cool 8-)

The OP has forgotten that Japan's defence strategy is different from the rest of the World. Geography has made the Japanese archipelago an ideal place for some in-depth defence like good SAM radar coverage and Long range Air defence. I mean it takes just an couple of mk.3 Patriots and AWACS with newer generation of X-band radar (design to track Ballistic Missiles and their coordinates) to successful defence the Home Islands. No doubt the Japanese Air Force is lacking behind other Asian rim nation. I doubt JSAF could successful out compete S Korean Air force with their superior F-15K. But Japan can (and judging by current affairs, they will..) easily modernize their aviation fleet from 4th generation to 4.5 gen and 5th gen fighters. 10 F-15J will be used an testbed for an radically new ASEA Radar, 3D liquid Displays and HUD with 'look, lock and shot' master slave systems (like the Israeli F-16I sufa that uses master slave technology to control the Paythoon 5 IR missles at visual/BVR range).

Japan's real sword is the AA/AAD of the JMSDF. Long range Aegis radar and JMSDF ships like the Atago that has 90 VLS to carry SM-3

Back
Top Bottom