What's new

Japanese Airforce versus Chinese Airforce

Which Airforce will be victorious?

• Japan's

• China's

Results are only viewable after voting.
Strength on paper is the only thing you can judge objectively. Otherwise we would be talking about what ifs and i hate those kind of discussions.

I sure do love the one liners that have no real value to them. Maybe make a real response that has anything constuctive to the thread instead of the drivel with emoticons eh

Same as above

Chill man i was just making a joke,ON Topic
Japan has a Defensive force & China has publicly said that it wants a Air force that is 2nd to none in Asia

Don't just judge the strength on the paper. It means nothing. Look at the broader picture. Or simply you can compare Mitsubishi with HAL.

Why should he compare HAL & Mitsubishi

Most Importantly Japan does not has DSI :p:
DSI is one advanced technology which only the U.S. and China mastered. Make your own 5th gen fighter with DSI like we did then you can laugh, otherwise you just make yourself like a fool.

The Japanese air force combat aircraft are both outnumbered quantitatively through minimal acquisitions and qualitatively through extremely old aircraft with most being 34 years old air frames and complete lack of modernization.

This leaves them with less than 100 modernized 4th generation combat aircraft at this moment in time.

DSI is one advanced technology which only the U.S. and China mastered. Make your own 5th gen fighter with DSI like we did then you can laugh, otherwise you just make yourself like a fool.

My post was sarcastic in nature man DSI is old joke on this Forum,just ask some old chinese members on this forum

DSI is only one piece of a much larger set of parts needed to make an aircraft. I do not understand the obsession with this specific part when much more important components such as China's production of 3rd Generation fighterborne AESA is in the works

Why should he compare HAL & Mitsubishi[/QUOTE]
I am talking about the industrial might. In the case of large scale war, how many jets you currently have is not so important. The more important thing is how soon you can resupply what is lost in the war, this is something about industrial strength. What I mean is Mitsubishi is far more powerful than your HAL wrt this aspect.

Mitsubishi is a goddamn joke they spent 127 million dollars a copy to produce a F16 C/D analogue. No country can sustain those kinds of prices on 4th gen jets

what waste of bandwidth it is useless thread, mod close that thread now

There are 11 persons have still voted for Japan?

What the heck? This is not even a comparison!

Last edited:
PLAAF's training manuals are outdated and rigour is not there. I have hardly come across any country's AF who have practiced against them and had something nice to say apart from the token appreciation.

My vote is for Japanese AF.

I am a newcomer here. You can provide some links to go through about your previous discussions on DSI instead of talking with mouth full of sh*t!
The DSI subject have been debated before. You can use the forum's search feature to look it up. But to summarize, the DSI structure is not something 'advanced', better than the plate in many ways, yes, but not something so 'advanced'. It was never designed for 'stealth' purposes, as it have been erroneously presented so. The plate is a higher contributor to RCS compare to the DSI bump, but the DSI bump have been know to NASA since the 1950s. The reason why major fighters chose the diverter plate and variable ramps method is because they wanted greater engine performance over a wider range of flight conditions.

If you are a newcomer here, do not assume that what you know is something new and not discussed here before. Take your time and search before you say something silly.

Fact sheet:

Status of the Airforce

China:
-Most of China's air force is not deemed capable (the rest date to refurbished Soviet planes from the 1970s)
-inferior early warning and control. Its new force of Y-8-based KJ-200 and adapted KJ-2000 platforms are untested,
-inferior training of pilots
-only one old aircraft carrier
-J-31 deemed as a cheap rip-off of the F-35 with most of its sub-systems missing

Japan:
-Superior early warning and control, four recently upgraded E-767 AEW&C aircraft
-superior aircraft carrier
-Within couple of years Japan will get stealth jet F-35 (force multiplier)
-Japan is working on their national jet ATD-X Shinshin
-Superior air defense (Missile-3 and Patriot Advanced Capability-3 interceptors)
-Superior air awareness thanks to US/NATO air reconnaissance

Expert's view

-"In short, Japan has a significant edge," says Oriana Mastro, a fellow at the Center for a New American Security think tank. "But the Chinese can create challenges for Japan to maintain aerial superiority."

-"In a conflict Japan would have far better situational awareness," the source says. "Also, Japanese pilots are able to operate autonomously of ground control"

-Wortzel said, “Japan has the strongest navy and air force in Asia except for the United States,”

-"The F-35 is Liaoning's worst nightmare, China's state-owned Global Times reported based on a Kanwa Asian Defense, which found that the F-35 could strike the Liaoning with hard-to-intercept joint strike missiles from a safe distance of 290km. The F-35 should also be able to locate and engage China's main aircraft, the J-15, before the F-35 is even detected."

Sources:
PLA air force still can not match for Japan’s JASDF | China Defense Mashup
J-31 stealth jet gets bad reviews after Zhuhai Airshow flight|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com
Rollout of Japan’s new Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin stealth fighter jet prototype | global aviation report
@atatwolf Japan has edge seriously Japan hardly has 400 4.5 Generation Fighter Jets and China till how has more than 800 than China also has come up with new latest AWACS as for Air Defense every second day China tests a new and better Air Defense System and can produce and afford lot more than Japan. Japan is not even close to China and loosing more and more by every passing day because China is on ramapage and producing Fighter Jets in really large numbers.

Chinese has the Numbers while the Japanese have the quality. If equal Numbers of Plane take part in battle, Japanese shall win for sure. However with overwheming Number, Chinese have an edge.

Back
Top Bottom