What's new

Japan, U.S. to conduct joint drills near Diaoyu Islands

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
English.news.cn 2012-08-20 12:38:29

BEIJING, August 20 (Xinhuanet) – Japan and the U.S. have decided to intensify military and defense cooperation at a very sensitive time for the region. The decision was first reported on in the Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun. The news comes as relations between China and Japan have been severely strained due to the territory dispute over Diaoyu Islands.

According to the paper, Japan and the United States will undertake a joint military exercise in the western Pacific starting Tuesday, which will run through September 26th. Forty of Japan’s Ground Self-Defense Force personnel will take part in the exercise with US Marines stationed in Okinawa. The troops will travel 2,000 kilometers on a US naval vessel to Tinian Island, off the coast of the Northern Marianas. They will use boats and helicopters in their joint landing drill.

Japan, U.S. to conduct joint drills near Diaoyu Islands - Xinhua | English.news.cn

In my personal opinion the US is the real trouble maker in this side of Pacific. Without her belligerent tactics to stir up troubles and gives false hopes to those countries that she'll back them if wars break out, the disputes will probably work their ways to peaceful solutions. However, thanks to the US self serving efforts, such solutions seem unlikely now.

Someone told me the other day: ''Where ever the American military goes, it leaves with destruction and death". I hope he's wrong this time.

In my personal opinion the US is the real trouble maker in this side of Pacific. Without her belligerent tactics to stir up troubles and gives false hopes to those countries that she'll back them if wars break out, the disputes will probably work their ways to peaceful solutions. However, thanks to the US self serving efforts, such solutions seem unlikely now.

Someone told me the other day: ''Where ever the American military goes, it leaves with destruction and death". I hope he's wrong this time.

Because the other countries in the region should just bend over and be China's Bi**h.

Everyone can see you substitute 'peaceful solution' when you actually mean 'eventual capitulation to China'
That kind of peace isn't worth having to many.

Just because China wasn't able to resist its own era of humiliation doesn't mean other countries have to go through it too.

Also if you believe the US won't back Japan's sovereignty, you have another thing coming. We have already said we'd defend Japan's claim to the Senkakus by force if necessary, and it makes sense seeing as we returned it to them after WW2.

We are prepared and further preparing to defend our interests if need be, including housing ships in Singapore.

Because the other countries in the region should just bend over and be China's Bi**h.

Everyone can see you substitute 'peaceful solution' when you actually mean 'eventual capitulation to China'
That kind of peace isn't worth having to many.

Just because China wasn't able to resist its own era of humiliation doesn't mean other countries have to go through it too.

Also if you believe the US won't back Japan's sovereignty, you have another thing coming. We have already said we'd defend Japan's claim to the Senkakus by force if necessary, and it makes sense seeing as we returned it to them after WW2.

We are prepared and further preparing to defend our interests if need be, including housing ships in Singapore.

Aside from India, China seems to have no troubles settling land border demarcations with her neighbors peacefully without the US meddling. They were not necessary all in China favors either.

As far as Japan's concern don't so sure the US will have the power to interfere when China decides to take back the Diaoyu Islands.

The US has no interests in the SCS other than as an arm merchant and the freedom of transverse of which China has no intention to deny.

Aside from India, China seems to have no troubles settling land border demarcations with her neighbors peacefully without the US meddling. They were not necessary all in China favors either.

As far as Japan's concern don't so sure the US will have the power to interfere when China decides to take back the Diaoyu Islands.

The US has no interests in the SCS other than as an arm merchant and the freedom of transverse of which China has no intention to deny.

I dont think so. Without the U.S, China will certainly use of force to "settle disputes peacefully"...
Just look at the Paracel Islands of South Vietnam in 1974. When U.S army had pulled out of Vietnam in 1973, immediately January 1974 China attacked South Vietnam Navy on the islands....

I dont think so. Without the U.S, China will certainly use of force to "settle disputes peacefully"...
Just look at the Paracel Islands of South Vietnam in 1974. When U.S army had pulled out of Vietnam in 1973, immediately January 1974 China attacked South Vietnam Navy on the islands....

As far as China's concern the Paracel and Johnson South Reef weren't considered dispute territories at those times. They were simply evictions of the squatters, and China retook the Paracel under the watchful eyes of US Navy nearby.

As far as China's concern the Paracel and Johnson South Reef weren't considered dispute territories at those times. They were simply evictions of the squatters, and China retook the Paracel under the watchful eyes of US Navy nearby.

So now why are the Chinese "claiming" Senkakus Islands which isnot disputed of Japan?

As far as Japan's concern the Senkakus Islands weren't considered a disputed territory before and right now.

Remember that before 193x, all of the official map of Chinese did not "claim" to the Paracels and Spratlys of Vietnam.
In contrast, the maps of Vietnam since 15th century has always showed two archipelagoes of Paracel and Spratly as parts of Vietnamese territory.

In 1973 U.S army was banned any intervention into Vietnam by US Congress, so although US 7th Fleet nearby it could not help South Vietnam against China's Invasion on the Paracel Islands.

So now why are the Chinese "claiming" Senkakus Islands which isnot disputed of Japan?

Remember that before 193x, all of the official map of Chinese did not "claim" to the Paracels and Spratlys of Vietnam.
In contrast, the maps of Vietnam since 15th century has always showed two archipelagoes of Paracel and Spratly as parts of Vietnamese territory.

In 1973 U.S army was banned any intervention into Vietnam by US Congress, so although US 7th Fleet nearby it could not help South Vietnam against China's Invasion on the Paracel Islands.

I'm not going to go off topic with proofs and disproofs again here, I was just telling you China's views on those two incidents without taking sides on who's right or who's wrong.

I have a little trouble in understanding your first sentence. China and Taiwan always claim Diaoyu but unable to do anything about it because the all powerful US is standing on her way. But in times, again IMO, China will go to war over Diaoyu if necessary to take possessions of the islands.

I'm not going to go off topic with proofs and disproofs again here, I was just telling you China's views on those two incidents without taking sides on who's right or who's wrong.

I have a little trouble in understanding your first sentence. China and Taiwan always claim Diaoyu but unable to do anything about it because the all powerful US is standing on her way. But in times, again IMO, China will go to war over Diaoyu if necessary to take possessions of the islands.

Let me explain to you:
China has used of force to invade Paracel Islands of South Vietnam from 1974, but now you say that it is not disputed territory.
Yesterday I read an article wrote that a Japanese official said Senkakus is not disputed territory, it is Japanese territory.

I think that if the U.S allow Japan to develop fully autonomy of Japanese navy, it would be a nightmare of Chinese more than USN's presence in Japan....

Let me explain to you:
China has used of force to invade Paracel Islands of South Vietnam from 1974, but now you say that it is not disputed territory.
Yesterday I read an article wrote that a Japanese official said Senkakus is not disputed territory, it is Japanese territory.

I think that if the U.S allow Japan to develop fully autonomy of Japanese navy, it would be a nightmare of Chinese more than USN's presence in Japan....

I told you what China view at those times, not my views, and it goes the same with the rest of your post.

My only opinion in this thread is the US military's presents in the area of disputes only provokes war, not peace.

And the crux is China might try to evict the 'squatters' from the rest of the 'undisputed territories' in Asia.

There's no need to reply such statement.

I told you what China view at those times, not my views, and it goes the same with the rest of your post.

My only opinion in this thread is the US military's presents in the area of disputes only provokes war, not peace.

There's no need to reply such statement.

It is usually a statement of the claimants. And Senkakus too.
But there are not just words, we can see clearly, an event took place in reality not words, that is in 19 January 1974, the Chinese used of force to invade Paracels of South Vietnam, then it occupied illegally until today. And now the Chinese say that it is not a disputed territory. LOL

BEIJING, August 20 (Xinhuanet) – Japan and the U.S. have decided to intensify military and defense cooperation at a very sensitive time for the region. The decision was first reported on in the Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun. The news comes as relations between China and Japan have been severely strained due to the territory dispute over Diaoyu Islands.

According to the paper, Japan and the United States will undertake a joint military exercise in the western Pacific starting Tuesday, which will run through September 26th. Forty of Japan’s Ground Self-Defense Force personnel will take part in the exercise with US Marines stationed in Okinawa. The troops will travel 2,000 kilometers on a US naval vessel to Tinian Island, off the coast of the Northern Marianas. They will use boats and helicopters in their joint landing drill.

Japan, U.S. to conduct joint drills near Diaoyu Islands - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Wait a second here, so US and JSDF (all 40 of them) are traveling from Japanese territory to conduct exercises on Tinian and that is a military exercise near the Senkaku Islands??? Has anyone looked at a map to see where Tinian is??

Tinian to host Operation Ellipse Charlie next month

Half a dozen Japanese Patrol ships and a helicoptor could not stop an old fishing boat from landing on Diao Yu dao. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sns-rt-us-japan-chinabre87f044-20120815-001.jpg

Kind of what militaries do...they aren't NGO's...

Back
Top Bottom