What's new

Japan, U.S. to conduct joint drills near Diaoyu Islands

I told you what China view at those times, not my views, and it goes the same with the rest of your post.

My only opinion in this thread is the US military's presents in the area of disputes only provokes war, not peace.

There's no need to reply such statement.

And Why do you think so? on what basis when you have already admitted that if necessary, China will occupy claimed islands/territories by force? The only thing preventing China to flex its muscles is the presence of USA, hence preventing war and not provoking it. Give it a thought

Wait a second here, so US and JSDF (all 40 of them) are traveling from Japanese territory to conduct exercises on Tinian and that is a military exercise near the Senkaku Islands??? Has anyone looked at a map to see where Tinian is??

Tinian to host Operation Ellipse Charlie next month

Youre right, maybe "near" in the Chinese thought. The article's title is of Xinhua's.

Half a dozen Japanese Patrol ships and a helicoptor could not stop an old fishing boat from landing on Diao Yu dao. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sns-rt-us-japan-chinabre87f044-20120815-001.jpg

I was surprised on this.

And Why do you think so? on what basis when you have already admitted that if necessary, China will occupy claimed islands/territories by force? The only thing preventing China to flex its muscles is the presence of USA, hence preventing war and not provoking it. Give it a thought

I didn't say any such thing as the bold part. I believe China will go to war over Diaoyu with or without US interferences and it's a matter of timing and is non negotiable.

The military exercises, months ago, and hegemonic planning/rhetoric (read Asia Pivot) by the US in SCS did not intimidated China into submission, but rather: 1) harden China position and attitude in SCS. She made the area as a prefecture level jurisdiction and sent tons of war ships were the indications. 2) The US meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly Philippines and Vietnam, that the US will back them when conflicts arrived, which will not be the case. These two factors make peaceful settlements unlikely.

If the US minds her own business and stay out of the disputes, Philippines and Vietnam are more likely to seek peaceful solutions with China. And China, without the US involvements in what's her perception of area of control, would be more benevolent on the negotiation table.

@ Juice

Yeah you're right on that. But it makes people wonder why those 'pot bellies' in Washington sent their military all over the world killing people and destroying things. Perhaps to them it's just a game they never had a chance to play in real life. There are video games nowadays can release such fantasies, you know.

@ Bach Dang

The article doesn't mention anything about the distance between Tinian and Diaoyu, but it does say the distance between Tinian and Okinawa is 2,000 km. So you can stop your usual anti China spinning.

I didn't say any such thing as the bold part. I believe China will go to war over Diaoyu with or without US interferences and it's a matter of timing and is non negotiable.

The military exercises, months ago, and hegemonic planning/rhetoric (read Asia Pivot) by the US in SCS did not intimidated China into submission, but rather: 1) harden China position and attitude in SCS. She made the area as a prefecture level jurisdiction and sent tons of war ships were the indications. 2) The US meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly Philippines and Vietnam, that the US will back them when conflicts arrived, which will not be the case. These two factors make peaceful settlements unlikely.

If the US minds her own business and stay out of the disputes, Philippines and Vietnam are more likely to seek peaceful solutions with China. And China, without the US involvements in what's her perception of area of control, would be more benevolent on the negotiation table.

@ Juice

Yeah you're right on that. But it makes people wonder why those 'pot bellies' in Washington sent their military all over the world killing people and destroying things. Perhaps to them it's just a game they never had a chance to play in real life. There are video games nowadays can release such fantasies, you know.

You forget that the US said she has "national interest" in the SCS?
That's because SCS is a world's major route, with 1/2 of the world's goods traffic through here. Any intention to make SCS become a lake will be the US oppose against.

Have anything to support your argument, that "The US meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly Philippines and Vietnam, that the US will back them when conflicts arrived, which will not be the case" ?

@ Bach Dang

The article doesn't mention anything about the distance between Tinian and Diaoyu, but it does say the distance between Tinian and Okinawa is 2,000 km. So you can stop your usual anti China spinning.

Twain has a question about that, and that is because the title of the article talked "near"...

You forget that the US said she has "national interest" in the SCS?
That's because SCS is a world's major route, with 1/2 of the world's goods traffic through here. Any intention to make SCS become a lake will be the US oppose against.

Have anything to support your argument, that "The U.S. meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly the Philippines and Vietnam, that the U.S. will back more when conflicts arrived, sẽ not be the case" ?

Twain has a question about that, and that is because the title of the article talked "near"...

1) Vietnam may view whatever the US says as law but China doesn't. China has more at stake in this trade route than any other country and that's why she has every intention to keep others from dominating of this area but herself.

2) What support do you need? What's wrong with my perception that the US gives false signal of hope to Philippines and Vietnam that she'll back them if the conflicts arrived. Either you believe a) she will or b) she won't and my choice was the latter. Do I need to research for two hours just for a personal opinion?

3) My bad, I only read the article not the title.

1) Vietnam may view whatever the US says as law but China doesn't. China has more at stake in this trade route than any other country and that's why she has every intention to keep others from dominating of this area but herself.

2) What support do you need? What's wrong with my perception that the US gives false signal of hope to Philippines and Vietnam that she'll back them if the conflicts arrived. Either you believe a) she will or b) she won't and my choice was the latter. Do I need to research for two hours just for a personal opinion?

3) My bad, I only read the article not the title.

Not have any connection has said that the US gives signals that she will "back" Philippines and Vietnam as you said.
If you claim such but without evidence, you are rash in your speech.

As far as I know, the US has always said she neutral in territorial disputes in SCS, but she will always require all sides to comply with international law, not bullying, and she wants to ensure freedom of navigation in the SCS

So let me ask you this: What do the naval exercises and drills between the US and Philippines signify? What does it mean when both the Secretary of State and the Defense minister of the US visited Vietnam? And these happen in what, April or May?

Sure you guys find out she won't help you now, hey, but it's a bit late, isn't it? If you read the news from the begin and used logical thinking, you would've known she has no intention at to help you guys, as I posted many times.

Daiyou islands were occupied in 1895 b Japan, the same year that Japan occupied Taiwan. Japan clearly regard these islands as Taiwanese islands. So instead of CCP or Japan, Taiwan should own and administer these islands.

Daiyou islands were occupied in 1895 b Japan, the same year that Japan occupied Taiwan. Japan clearly regard these islands as Taiwanese islands. So instead of CCP or Japan, Taiwan should own and administer these islands.

I'm with you Bro. I also believe China won't mind if Taiwan takes the initiatives here, however, she seems to be very timid and worries about the economic relationship with Japan more than the sovereignty possession.

I'm trying to decipher Ma's intention on today's article here. Taiwan won't work with China in Japan row: President Ma - Channel NewsAsia

So let me ask you this: What do the naval exercises and drills between the US and Philippines signify? What does it mean when both the Secretary of State and the Defense minister of the US visited Vietnam? And these happen in what, April or May?

Sure you guys find out she won't help you now, hey, but it's a bit late, isn't it? If you read the news from the begin and used logical thinking, you would've known she has no intention at to help you guys, as I posted many times.

This is not to say that "The US meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly Philippines and Vietnam, that the US will back them when conflicts arrived", as you said.
You see, the US also participated in exercises with RoC, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand....

We never said that the U.S will back Vietnam in the SCS dispute. However, she wants to protect U.S national interest in the SCS, and we can work together to protect the interests of each country...

I'm with you Bro. I also believe China won't mind if Taiwan takes the initiatives here, however, she seems to be very timid and worries about the economic relationship with Japan more than the sovereignty possession.

I'm trying to decipher Ma's intention on today's article here. Taiwan won't work with China in Japan row: President Ma - Channel NewsAsia

In the fact, Japan and the U.S are two of Taiwan's most important ally. And for survival of Taiwan, she did not want to cause problems for her two allies.

This is not to say that "The US meddling give false signals to the other claimants, mainly Philippines and Vietnam, that the US will back them when conflicts arrived", as you said.
You see, the US also participated in exercises with RoC, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand....

We never said that the U.S will back Vietnam in the SCS dispute. However, she wants to protect U.S national interest in the SCS, and we can work together to protect the interests of each country...

In the fact, Japan and the U.S are two of Taiwan's most important ally. And for survival of Taiwan, she did not want to cause problems for her two allies.

Lets leave the other discussion instead of dragging it out.

You probably right in the Diaoyu's case in the government's perspective, however, I don't think the people of Taiwan will let the sleeping dog lies though and in the end the future governments will have to do the people's bidding.

Lets leave the other discussion instead of dragging it out.

You probably right in the Diaoyu's case in the government's perspective, however, I don't think the people of Taiwan will let the sleeping dog lies though and in the end the future governments will have to do the people's bidding.

The people of Taiwan would do whatever it takes to protect its territory. Since this is a Taiwanese territory. Taiwan will recover it.

Let Japan and USA conduct joint exercises. When we attack, we will be attacking both countries anyway. Our mission is to seize control of Ryukyu Islands and return Japan to its 17th century borders.

Let Japan and USA conduct joint exercises. When we attack, we will be attacking both countries anyway. Our mission is to seize control of Ryukyu Islands and return Japan to its 17th century borders.

No wonder.. you got banned.. :D

The people of Taiwan would do whatever it takes to protect its territory. Since this is a Taiwanese territory. Taiwan will recover it.
Technically Japan did not even relinguish the claim of the Island of Taiwan to ROC yet. Right now it is just that ROC is adminstrating Taiwan right now. It was lucky that US did not include Island of Taiwan in its Okinawa treaty with Japan in 1972.

Back
Top Bottom