What's new

Japan to ban Huawei, ZTE from govt contracts

You know what's the issue? Its not the Chinese cybersnooping. American's have this sense of superiority that only them can spy and monitor people through American company servers, social media platforms etc. The moment another country follows their leads their a$s burns. China arent doing anything the Americans isnt doing.

Well. American companies do not spy or steal IP's anymore. CHinese are shameless in that aspect. Will give them that.
I think that cybersnooping part is overblown. It happens but not sure how effective it is.

China does not exist in isolation. It have trade relations with much of the world. Lot of factories there, and manufacturing is a fantastic teacher.

Chinese companies have partnerships with many Western firms for numerous projects. They also try to procure other companies (merger/absorption). Nothing unusual in these practices, but Americans are becoming weary. Much of Europe was chill until now.

China is also investing a lot in its domestic R&D programs, and I have noticed many publications from Chinese authors. They are smart people, and study everything.

American companies are professional on average but US - as a state - think differently.

US - as a state - employ following methods to handle competition:

1. Fearmongering (shaping perceptions)
2. Preventing mergers (interventions)
3. Sanctions (imposing restrictions)
4. Weaponizing trade (imposing terms)
5. Threats (intimidation tactics)
6. Conflict (politics)

I am not saying that rest of the world is saint but the above is also true.

US - as a state - think on the lines of self-preservation (understandable) but hegemonic in its set-of-actions (6 points).

Last edited:
I think that cybersnooping part is overblown. It happens but not sure how effective it is.

The real long term issue is data mining. We are already data mined by Google and Facebook, Amazon aren't far behind. Their intentions are principally commercial in nature, but some of their shadier practices have been exposed such as the Cambridge analytics scandal.

But allowing the Chinese Communist Party to potentially access entire national networks and discretely data mine could create a greater threat to Western Liberal Democratic nations. There is also the increased threat of cyber attacks on vital national infrastructure including the networks themselves.

China does not exist in isolation. It have trade relations with much of the world. Lot of factories there, and manufacturing is a fantastic teacher.

Chinese companies have partnerships with many Western firms for numerous projects. They also try to procure other companies (merger/absorption). Nothing unusual in these practices, but Americans are becoming weary. Much of Europe was chill until now.

China is also investing a lot in its domestic R&D programs, and I have noticed many publications from Chinese authors. They are smart people, and study everything.

American companies are professional on average but US - as a state - think differently.

US - as a state - employ following methods to handle competition:

1. Fearmongering (shaping perceptions)
2. Preventing mergers (interventions)
3. Sanctions (imposing restrictions)
4. Weaponizing trade (imposing terms)
5. Threats (intimidation tactics)
6. Conflict (politics)

I am not saying that rest of the world is saint but the above is also true.

US - as a state - think on the lines of self-preservation (understandable) but hegemonic in its set-of-actions (6 points).

Cybersnooping does happen. Through Android, Facebook etc. A reason why Apple isnt favoured by US intelligence community cos it doesnt provide access without legal court orders. But Google, FB etc are their poodles. The same with Chinese mobiles. Its impossible to collect data from everyone who does use gadgets. If any person of importance is using their product, its possible to target that person.
Even US server companies like Ciena, IMB and OS like Windows are involved with NSA to collect some data in some way or another. Whether its processed and used is another question altogether.

Whether we like it or not US is the IP capital of this world and China is just the manufacturing capital. Chinese automobile companies have grown just cos they were forced in JV's, stealing IP's, internet companies were grown in complete protected market. With protection their companies will be standing nowhere in the world. Even some 10-12 years back nobody will buy Huawei or ZTE modems cos they were cheap clones which were low cost. With money earned from stolen IP's they have made tremendous progress in R&D.
Its not to say China is behind. Chinese are yet to master the art of cyber snooping. It has gapping holes in its platforms which can easily be a basis of viruses and data stealing. The fear of UK and EU in banning them is understandable cos their design has holes. Same for their mobiles. India threatened to ban Xiomi cos it was sending data to servers in China. Only after it set up servers in India, were they let off. And western companies crying cos of new India data laws which are about to kick in next year where they are required to save data here has US intelligence community in spits.

Canadians are pissed off that US have used their govt to target a Chinese CFO and ones in my office are very much pissed off. It will affect Canadian relationship with China and after Trudeau's much vaunted optics on Khasoggi murder this action has the most shameful criticism on him, ever.

But allowing the Chinese Communist Party to potentially access entire national networks and discretely data mine could create a greater threat to Western Liberal Democratic nations. There is also the increased threat of cyber attacks on vital national infrastructure including the networks themselves.

Mind to tell me what and where that is? ;)

The real long term issue is data mining. We are already data mined by Google and Facebook, Amazon aren't far behind. Their intentions are principally commercial in nature, but some of their shadier practices have been exposed such as the Cambridge analytics scandal.

Plenty of BS and make up story about yellow peril and spies threat just to serve western agenda and stiffen Chinese strong IT competition. Western are no more competitive but restore to this kind of low life trick to get themselves ahead. Pathetic.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...loomberg-to-retract-the-icloud-spy-chip-story

It is past time for Bloomberg to retract or unequivocally prove the iCloud spy chip story

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/04/apple-further-refutes-chinese-spy-report/

Apple Further Refutes Bloomberg Report Suggesting Chinese Spies Tampered With iCloud Servers

微信图片_20181209130258.jpg

I took the picture of Huawei P20 Ad in Tokyo Metro in Oct. 2018

You don't want to miss this product: Huawei's high-quality multi-function bracelet 3e officially launched: 109 yuan ($16)
Wearable device network • 2018-11-26 15:28

On the afternoon of November 23, 2018, at a press conference, Huawei bracelet 3e was officially launched, priced atRMB 109, which looks quite competitive.

This product has a very interesting feature, it is worn by both wrist and running shoes. We are familiar with wrist wear. Running shoes means that it can be fixed on the running shoe laces to more accurately count the information when the user runs.

According to Huawei's official, this bracelet can provide professional running posture guidance, monitoring for 7 running postures, including landing mode, landing impact, ground contact time, valgus range, swing angle, step frequency, step size and so on.
2018112322402400753.jpg

Huawei's wristband 3e has a built-in six-axis sensor, and also uses a high-precision attitude fusion algorithmdeveloped by Huawei and CISS. The distance accuracy during running can reach over 97%. For sports enthusiasts, this is a solution to the pain of demand.

In addition, this product also supports 50 meters waterproof, to meet the needs of users in the rainy days, swimming, bathing and other scenarios. However, Huawei did not mention its specific level of protection, but there is no doubt that Huawei's bracelet 3e can fully meet the needs of most people.
2018112322402400750.jpg

It is not difficult to see that Huawei 3A is a wearable product with sports monitoring as its main selling point. In addition, the price of 109 yuan also makes it very competitive in the market. At present, the more popular Xiaomi bracelet 3 on the market, priced at 169 yuan, the main waterproof and long battery life and other selling points. Huawei bracelet 3e is likely to come against it, the price advantage is very obvious.

Now, in the wearable device market, in addition to specialized sports brands, well-known mobile phone manufacturers such as Apple, Huawei, and Xiaomi have joined the battle, and it may be a new growth point in the future.
2018112322402400752.jpg

Huawei Bracelet 3e will be officially launched in the December 12,2018, and there are still about 20 days away. If you want to buy a sports bracelet, Huawei's new product is definitely worth considering. You can pay attention to it in the near future.
http://www.chinaz.com/mobile/2018/1123/962216.shtml
http://www.elecfans.com/d/821608.html

Back
Top Bottom