What's new

Japan promotes 'flexible' US-2 sale to India

Get some submarines or air defense systems with that money, it's almost as expensive as a rafale. We could have much cheaper search and rescue planes rather than buying at 100mil a pop

As the Navy expands these will find good use along with Submarine rescue vessels-
Really these birds have limited value to the IN other than in the A&N islands, as SOF delivery assets or for emergency response for subs at sea. The ICG whose mandate is SAR in the Indian EEZ would have far more use for these particular machines.

Really these birds have limited value to the IN other than in the A&N islands, as SOF delivery assets or for emergency response for subs at sea. The ICG whose mandate is SAR in the Indian EEZ would have far more use for these particular machines.
I'd think that this deal will go through for reasons of strategic reasons, not operational necessity.

I'd think that this deal will go through for reasons of strategic reasons, not operational necessity.
This is likely the case, when the heads of state meet next the deal will likely progress. Japan is the one strategic partner of India that India has never procured military equipment from. The strategic value of this sale is considerable.

However, I do wish the IN would procure their helos first. It is not a zero sum game, both the helos and this plane can be procured but I would prefer the IN to prioritise. They can afford to wait for this asset, their rotary wing fleet is junk today.

I hope the Japanese is financing this whole deal with an interest free loan. That is the only way it will make any economic sense.

UAV's have much longer range and endurance and can patrol the oceans much better than this aircraft. This whole deal is a waste.

Back
Top Bottom