What's new

Japan offers to fund 81% of India's first bullet train worth $15 billion

Unwarranted, ambiguous, irrelevant in response to my statement:

Eight years hereafter, the price difference between the Air fare & Bullet train would be the deciding factor.
Bullet train takes double the flight time = 2 hours.

Was it tough to understand that I was NOT talking about Anand, Surat & Baroda flight?

Move on.

Geez, calm the eff down. You mentioned something to the effect that Bullet train takes more time than flights, ignoring the fact that Bullet train has an advantage of connecting at the intermediate urban centers unlike the flights without some of the hassles of an air travel!

You clearly don't seem to have the temperament to indulge in a civilized, non-hostile debate, so my bad trying to indulge in one with you.

Carry on.

Geez, calm the eff down. You mentioned something to the effect that Bullet train takes more time than flights, ignoring the fact that Bullet train has an advantage of connecting at the intermediate urban centers unlike the flights without some of the hassles of an air travel!

You clearly don't seem to have the temperament to indulge in a civilized, non-hostile debate, so my bad trying to indulge in one with you.

Carry on.

Because I don't speculate as far as those imaginary Bullet trains stoppages furnished by you.
Do you know proposed bullet train's confirmed stops in between for sure?
I know you don't!
Even Modi does not!

You are silent on Anand stop factor now. But you mentioned it earlier to be one of the train stop.
Now you came back with a global reply with the key word = "cluster" and tweaked your post.

Those who speculate (speculation = reasoning based on inconclusive/vague clue/confirmation) without waiting for the facts to arrive always bear the brunt and you are not a single such example on this. You speculate, you pay for it one or the other way. Whether you buy stocks and burn your fingers or say sorry to someone for such.

May you show me where was I the first one who used any unparliamentary language?
If you think I am uncivilized, hey you had an option to ignore me without coming back for more ado.
But you did not.
Go and ignore me now.

Or let me reiterate = Move on.

Because I do not like people who piss on my feet and claim its raining.
If you want to be a credible & prudent poster, please be the beer and not the foam in the glass.

Comprende amigo?
Dont reply to this post sil vous plait.

Because I don't speculate as far as those imaginary Bullet trains stoppages furnished by you.
Do you know proposed bullet train's confirmed stops in between for sure?
I know you don't!
Even Modi does not!

You are silent on Anand stop factor now. But you mentioned it earlier to be one of the train stop.
Now you came back with a global reply with the key word = "cluster" and tweaked your post.

Those who speculate (speculation = reasoning based on inconclusive/vague clue/confirmation) without waiting for the facts to arrive always bear the brunt and you are not a single such example on this. You speculate, you pay for it one or the other way. Whether you buy stocks and burn your fingers or say sorry to someone for such.

May you show me where was I the first one who used any unparliamentary language?
If you think I am uncivilized, hey you had an option to ignore me without coming back for more ado.
But you did not.
Go and ignore me now.

Or let me reiterate = Move on.

Because I do not like people who piss on my feet and claim its raining.
If you want to be a credible & prudent poster, please be the beer and not the foam in the glass.

Comprende amigo?
Dont reply to this post sil vous plait.

Well, I didn't know that I was talking to a pedant here.

You are right, I don't know where the stoppages are going to be, nobody knows for sure. The point about stoppage at Anand (and Thane) itself was picked up from here. But I think you will probably have more questions on the credibility of wikipedia itself as a source and unfortunately I have to agree with you on that.

My point was, and I know you know it too, that the bullet trains are "better" than flights in the way that they connect all the "clusters" on the way than just being point-to-point connections. That was before you went all ballistic at my innocuous comment on Anand.

But hey, you are free to think that I pissed on your feet if that helps you to frame your response next time.

And why do you feel the need to ask people to "move on" from a public forum? This is a public forum and I have every right to comment on anything that I deem fit. So deal with it and stop telling me what to do.

There is an ignore button just for pesky members like me, JFYI.

Anyway, good knowing you. Adios amigo!

I read the terms - they were more than 60% less than what the chinese charges Africa, Pakistan and other countries, plus china insists on only hiring chinese companies for everything- and insists on only hiring their workers too. I say this because I believe you had china in the bid process too.

Good terms.
But but China-Pakistan= bhai bhai, higher than the mountains etc etc o_O

JICA is financing the DMIC and DMRC at <1% interest over a 40 year payback period whilst China is demanding 30% discount rates for infrastructure projects in Pakistan, CPEC will be fun to watch....

This is what securing one's interests looks like by the way.

Well, I didn't know that I was talking to a pedant here.

You are right, I don't know where the stoppages are going to be, nobody knows for sure. The point about stoppage at Anand (and Thane) itself was picked up from here. But I think you will probably have more questions on the credibility of wikipedia itself as a source and unfortunately I have to agree with you on that.

My point was, and I know you know it too, that the bullet trains are "better" than flights in the way that they connect all the "clusters" on the way than just being point-to-point connections. That was before you went all ballistic at my innocuous comment on Anand.

But hey, you are free to think that I pissed on your feet if that helps you to frame your response next time.

And why do you feel the need to ask people to "move on" from a public forum? This is a public forum and I have every right to comment on anything that I deem fit. So deal with it and stop telling me what to do.

There is an ignore button just for pesky members like me, JFYI.

Anyway, good knowing you. Adios amigo!

Move on means to start a new activity (other than engaging with me). Not, that you have to leave the PDF, I am no PDF landlord or its watchman/security guard. I think this much is known to you.

It seems like you have a dogmatic, stubborn, adamant & obstinate attitude.
I requested you to not reply me.
But you did after all.

Now, since you employed a cruelty towards my humble request and trashed it, hey, this is the only option left for me to exercise against the recalcitrant & fractious character like you - To push the ignore button.

It does not pay to be grumpy or grouchy.
Life will teach you some day.

Do you know of WWE John Cena?
johncena.png

You cant see me

Ciao.

Let me calculate the operational surplus this project need to generate per day.

Project cost 96000.

Japan FInance 81%=77760 crore.

Repayment to Japan due every year at 0.5% interest rate for 50 years

It is 1761.56 crore (Considering currency rate stable)

Per day operation surplus needed to repay loan to Japan= 4.83 crore.

FOr domestic repayment of 18240 corre at 9% for say 20 years.

1998 crore per year.

I.e 5.47 crore per day

So in total we need to generate Rs 10 crore surplus for first 20 years and 5 crore for next 30 years to repay the loan.

Not a very big amount. If we run 10 trains to and fro than we need a surplus of Rs 50 lakh per train trip.
We need to accommodate maximum number of people here and we may run a double decker to keep the rate in control.

Delhi - Mumbai would be better.

Won't solve any purpose if connecting Mumbai Ahemdabad.

What we need to learn is to put proper tracks in place. Engine power is not a constrain. GE is already going to produce 8000 to 10000 HP engines hare in india. We are here at a stage where we can take a giant stride in railways. Only vision is required. We have got it now.

Delhi - Mumbai would be better.

Won't solve any purpose if connecting Mumbai Ahemdabad.

No it is the route on which a huge number of posh public is travelling which can afford this price and the can commute on daily basis. It is not possible between Bombay and Delhi. This route is passing through surat which will be the 4th largest city GDP wise by that time. It is already the city with highest per capita income right now. They have the capability and will to spend the money.

What we need to learn is to put proper tracks in place. Engine power is not a constrain. GE is already going to produce 8000 to 10000 HP engines hare in india. We are here at a stage where we can take a giant stride in railways. Only vision is required. We have got it now.

No it is the route on which a huge number of posh public is travelling which can afford this price and the can commute on daily basis. It is not possible between Bombay and Delhi. This route is passing through surat which will be the 4th largest city GDP wise by that time. It is already the city with highest per capita income right now. They have the capability and will to spend the money.

Delhi-Ahemdabad-Mumbai sounds better.

Let me calculate the operational surplus this project need to generate per day.

Project cost 96000.

Japan FInance 81%=77760 crore.

Repayment to Japan due every year at 0.5% interest rate for 50 years

It is 1761.56 crore (Considering currency rate stable)

Per day operation surplus needed to repay loan to Japan= 4.83 crore.

FOr domestic repayment of 18240 corre at 9% for say 20 years.

1998 crore per year.

I.e 5.47 crore per day

So in total we need to generate Rs 10 crore surplus for first 20 years and 5 crore for next 30 years to repay the loan.

Not a very big amount. If we run 10 trains to and fro than we need a surplus of Rs 50 lakh per train trip.
We need to accommodate maximum number of people here and we may run a double decker to keep the rate in control.

JICA estimate is 40,000 passengers daily.
Now calculate.

Yeah commute from airport in a metro in peak traffic?

Those who can afford air travel have their own cars. If not, they can afford taxi/auto/friendly pick-up.
You should not have come back on this trivial matter to justify bullet train over air travel.
Again, as I said, its the high price difference that would dictate the option of travel between the two modes.

More, the new dedicated line will have a airport like station and god knows where. So you will HAVE TO commute from there too. Now do you realize your moot point?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom