What's new

Japan Mulls 2018 Moon Landing

Human population would never reach 60 billion. Hint: Have a look at Japan :P every country that will reach a certain level of income will have its population stagnate/decilne.

But Japan is but one country, while what I mentioned is the entire planet. As we speak the population of the planet is currently 7 + billion. Its estimated that by 2100, the population of the planet will be 11 Billion. Well above the 10 billion threshold.

I'm a fan of human space technologies , and often ponder on the implications of human space travel, development of human colonies if foreign worlds. Naturally the establishment of these colonies would be to secure resources for the Mother Planet, Earth. However, with the passing of time some of these inner colony worlds would grow in size as well as influence with other peripheral colonies. The problem would be if say these core colony worlds will see the futility in maintaining relations with the Home World and declare independence, rebel. The Mother World would be threatened since there would be a reduction and loss of resources , vital minerals that these home worlds had provided Earth in the past.

I wonder how it would be like -- a Human Galactic War -- imagine The Home World mobilizing fleets and ground forces to invade these colonies with the goal of maintaining the status quo , or the 'Galactic Order'.

Hmmm... your view?

Thats actually a classis sci fi concept. Earth is usually the dominant economic cultural and military power with the largest population. Colonies secceed and Earth mobilises massive fleets to crush the colonies.

We dont need intergalactic travel to see how things will go, just look in old boring earth to see the natural path colonists take.

The first generation will fondly remember the homeland but successive generations will naturaly give less of a fcuk.

But Japan is but one country, while what I mentioned is the entire planet. As we speak the population of the planet is currently 7 + billion. Its estimated that by 2100, the population of the planet will be 11 Billion. Well above the 10 billion threshold.

Indian population will stabilize at 1.5 billion, there is already a decline in Chinese population. European population is also decreasing. And by that time most of African nations will be in middle income group, and their fertility rate will start to decline.

the major source of pop South Asia will control its population by 2050-2060. 10 billion will be the point at which world population will stop grwing. well may be except in Africa.

Back
Top Bottom