What's new

Japan Just Held A First-Of-Its-Kind Live Fire Exercise On Mount Fuji [PHOTOS]

Is he an officer or a regular troops?

@xesy ,

Here is an Imperial Guard Officer's uniform,

8086372816_fba4f5ab38_b.jpg

Imperial Guard on horseback,
photo53722.jpg

I just remember a ridiculous critteria in our conscript policy: the army doesn't recruit people with 1/3 of their exposed skin covered with tattoos. I want to know if JSDF has any funny critteria like that.

Yes, that is a requirement. Also, piercings are not allowed.

There is emphasis that the Body is 純度 , this means "Purity".

Piercings and tattoos distort a soldier's sense of "Purity".

I think Type 10 is a good MBT, it can also do hit and run backward with same speed.

What about type10 MBT shooting accuracy ? I mean whether type10 can hit-and-run the target when running "Z" action like this ?

Thanks for the pics ... Is that a Kawasaki OH-1 ?? First time I saw one in action .. I wonder if you can share some info on its performance with the Japanese Forces .. The formation doesnt look very encouraging though .. as its following the Apache and Cobras ..

Is that a Kawasaki OH-1 ?? First time I saw one in action ..

Yes, it is.

More on the カワサキ OH1 [Kawasaki OH1],

a0161664_18471640.jpg

1610142.jpg

Kawasaki+OH-1+%28+Ninja%29+light+military+reconnaissance+helicopter+Japan+Ground+Self-Defense+Force,+Military+Attack+Helicopters+gunship+OH-6+Loach+Agustaexport+AT129+Mangusta+AH-1+SuperCobra+Boeing+AH-64+Apache+CAIC+WZ-10++AH-2++%284%29.jpg

kawasaki_oh1_l7.jpg

Winter grade

=====================

The OH-1 is an armed reconnaissance helicopter developed by a team headed by Kawasaki for the Japanese Ground Self Defence Force. The design features the tandem seating arrangement that is standard for this class of aircraft. A pair Mitsubishi TS1-10QT turboshaft engines drive the four balded main rotor and eight bladed shrouded tail rotor. The first prototype flew in 1996 with the first production aircraft delivered to the JGSDF in 2000. The stub wings can carry self defence air to air missiles or fuel tanks.

Crew 2
Origin Japan
Type scout / reconnaissance
length 12 m / 39 ft 4 in
height 3.8 m / 12 ft 5 in
width 3m Skid Width
Rotor Diameter 11.5m
Total length 13m
Height 3.8m
Engine Mitsubishi XT1-10 (884shp) X 2
All-Up Weight 3,500Kg [4,000 kg / 8,820 lb ]
Maximum velocity 260Km/h

Ok, thanks for the information .. Now its clear why its following the attack choppers as its a recon version ..

The Emperor's Imperial Guard, surprisingly, took part in the exercise:

800_lnw1ltemxrdk2tdspi8gdbj727oksxsz.jpg

These are the elite of the elite, and are responsible for the protection of the Imperial Family, the Japanese Prime Minister, and all key members of the Japanese Government. Including governors, Ministers et al.
the sons of the rising sun are marching again. banzai!

Because someone posted something irrelevant, if the PLA is unstoppable, why not head west now? Why not blitz the hell out of south asia, middle east and eastern europe and north africa to prove such theory?

Some comments here reminds me of Bomber Harris' "Reap the whirlwind" quote.

In the shadow of rising tensions in the East China Sea, Japan is holding live fire exercise in the foothills of Mount Fuji until Sunday. Japan has held annual military exercises aimed at protecting its northern territories along its maritime frontier with Russia, although present realities have led to Japan shifting its priorities to island defense.

The exercises, called Fire Power, are aimed at defending outlying Japanese islands from a hypothetical invasion. Fire Power is a first-of-its-kind exercise and follows new national defense guidelines.

The exercise included battle tanks, helicopters, and elite soldiers displaying tactics that could be used if Japan needs to defend, or retake, its island territory in the East China Sea. Altogether, the exerciseincluded 2,300 troops, 20 aircraft, and 80 tanks and other armored vehicles.

Tensions have been steadily increasing in East Asia as China has flexed its muscle, laying claim to places like the Senkaku Islands, which Japan currently views as sovereign territory. The strained relationship between the nations has raised the specter of modern-day great power conflict, and led to direct military competition between Japan and China.

We have included some of the most striking images from the Japanese military exercise below.

In the decades after World War II, the Japanese military played a small role within the country.

ap606829217939.jpg

rtr42vzn.jpg

rtr42w3b.jpg

rtr42xx2.jpg

ap414863415841.jpg

rtr42w4v.jpg

rtr42w71.jpg

ewr4eew.jpg

6_zps04d954b6.jpg

2342343.jpg

Good news,army should be ready at all times & these types of exercise help to increase coordination btw the different arms of a military

Back
Top Bottom