What's new

Japan follows US sanctions with 23 visa bans

Beidou2020

Reaction score
Country
China
Japan has imposed visa bans on 23 Russian citizens including government officials following US sanctions over Russia's stance on Ukraine.

Japan has not released the names of those affected, but says the list is based on those compiled by the United States and the European Union, according to the Kyodo news agency.

"We need to call on Russia to restrain itself and act responsibly," Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida said.

Tokyo announced the measures following the decision on Monday by the United States and the European Union to impose additional sanctions against Russia.

US President Barack Obama visited Japan last week to wrap up his four day Asia tour, meant to boost trade and business relations between Asia and Washington. Obama pledged support to Japan over a territorial dispute it has with China about islands in the East China Sea.

The new US sanctions, impose visa bans and asset freezes on seven individuals and 17 companies. The list includes Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak, chair of the parliamentary commission on Foreign Affairs, Aleksey Pushkov, chief of the presidential office, Vyacheslav Volodin, and Vladimir Putin's friend Igor Sechin, the chief executive of oil giant Rosneft.

The list of sanctioned companies, which Washington believes to be “linked to Putin’s inner circle,” includes several banks, construction and transport companies.

Meanwhile Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov considers the Kiev authorities and their “puppeteers in Washington and some European capitals” aren’t fulfilling the conditions of the April 17 Geneva agreements. Having complied with the agreements “they haven’t shown any evidence that they are fulfilling them,” he said.

The first Russian sanctions package was introduced on March 18 with respect to Moscow's position on the Republic of Crimea. Japan then talked about suspending talks on an easier visa regime and halting discussions on three treaties; investment co-operation, space exploration, and the prevention of dangerous military activity.

China, Russia to Hold War Games Around Diaoyu Islands
2014-04-30 11:37:23 CRIENGLISH

China and Russia have agreed to conduct a joint naval drill at the end of May in the East China Sea, according to a Russian media report.

A Russian military commission has arrived in Shanghai to have a final consultation on details of the operation.

The "Joint Sea-2014" drill marks the first time the two countries have agreed to hold military exercises in waters off the Diaoyu Islands.

Twenty-odd warships, including a Russian missile cruiser, a destroyer, a comprehensive supply ship and one ocean tug, will take part in the war games.

Both Russian and Chinese armed forces will polish their skills in joint air-defense, anti-submarine and maritime replenishment.

Russian fleets will set out from Vladivostok in mid-May around the time when Russian President Vladimir Putin visits Shanghai.

Actually Russia is in deep troubles because NATO is a big organization, they have [strong] influence in all continents

Japan is not an independent country. After the Americans nuked them, their spirit has been broken. They are even powerless to prevent the US troops from raping their wives and daughters in Okinawa. This country remains a mere vassal of the US.

Last edited:
This is wrong.

I expected better from Abe's government. Looking at his new changes, he seems a little more independent than US-worshipping PMs like Koizumi, Kan and others.

This is extremely sad that a peace attempt between two historic countries has been sabotaged.

Japan is not an independent country. After the Americans nuked them, their spirit has been broken. They are even powerless to prevent the US troops from raping their wives and daughters in Okinawa. This country remains a mere vassal of the US.
Yes that sucks

Doesn't Abe want the Kurile Islands back? I don't think pissing Putin off will help. :D

Some people have that white worshipping attitude. Japanese and Indians have this mentality. Both are very subordinate to white people. I guess its part of their culture.

I knew about Indians but I've never met any Japanese, so can't comment on them but I definitely believe you. By Indians I mean some Indians, obviously not all.

Some people have that white worshipping attitude. Japanese and Indians have this mentality. Both are very subordinate to white people. I guess its part of their culture.

look who's talking! your economy startes because of white man, you sucked up to Americans throughout 80s to be where you are today but call us as white worshippers.:lol:

I knew about Indians but I've never met any Japanese, so can't comment on them but I definitely believe you. By Indians I mean some Indians, obviously not all.
Japanese are not worshipping the european more than any other asian countries

I even believe japanese worship europeans less because they are the people looking the most like the europeans

I forgot to mention that unfortunately I have also seen some Chinese adopting Western names, which I think is idiotic.

I forgot to mention that unfortunately I have also seen some Chinese adopting Western names, which I think is idiotic.

There are some Chinese that worship the white man too. True Chinese patriots despise the west and its thuggish imperialism.

Back
Top Bottom