What's new

Japan Economy Forum

@AUSTERLITZ , @nair , @Ravi Nair , @HariPrasad , @Tshering22

40073574.cms

Hakubun Shimomura, minister of education, culture, sports, science and technology visited India last week on the sidelines of the annual Japan Education fair

NEW DELHI: The Japanese government is keen on increasing its intake of students from India, and is facilitating greater academic collaboration between the two countries. Hakubun Shimomura, minister of education, culture, sports, science and technology visited India last week on the sidelines of the annual Japan Education fair, which was attended by 1,300 Indian students. Representatives from nine Japanese universities and one Japanese language school had participated in the fair to reach out to Indian students and emphasise courses that are also taught in English.

There are about 560 Indian students in Japan. The number is very small unlike countries like the US, says Takeshi Yagi, ambassador of Japan to India. "We are keen to expand the flow, and are taking new measures like appointing a study in Japan coordinator and fostering partnerships between universities. Starting this fiscal year, some extra budgets have also been allocated," he adds.

Japanese embassy officials said the government has set aside a budget of 100 million yen (around Rs 6 crore) for deploying 'Study in Japan Coordinator' in three countries including India. It has a budget of 350 million yen (around Rs 20 crore ) for supporting academic partnership programmes between Japanese and Indian universities.

"We have four priority areas for the exchange students: engineering, social sciences, medical sciences and agriculture. The new Indian prime minister does place a lot of importance on Japan. Student exchange programmes should get a boost under the new regime," says Yagi.

Shimomura met with his Indian counterpart, HRD minister Smriti Zubin Irani. In meetings between the two, he mentioned that the Japanese government had a plan to double both foreign students in Japan (to 300,000 from 140,000) and Japanese students studying abroad (to 120,000 from 60,000) by 2020.

Japan eager to boost student intake from India via expansion plans - Economic Times

Japan should also invest to open some universities in India to

well, the only games I expect in PS4 are FPS and non-Final Fantasy RPG game, specifically this:
iblGWLanAfHwsR.jpg

Right direction..japan will become one of our biggest economic partners.I love much about the japanese-history,lifeview,football fans,people are polite and disciplined but competitive,manga(and um.. also the hentai:p:),electronic goods,cars,work ethic,there's also the buddhist connection...all except food.No salt or spices:cry:.Hope to visit japan one day as a tourist.

I believe that Japan needs to do more in India, we should expand more of our offshore manufacturing plants into India from China. The quality of Indian manufacturing laborers is well renowned as well as the unlimited potential due to the large work force. May this come to fruition !
The relations are going to be stronger once our PM visit Japan...... There are lot of things to learn from Japan......

Well said, @nair . Modi is highly loved even in Japan; we await to see him in our shores, soon.

Bilateral cooperation must increase. It should be multideciplined i.e. Economic cultural, in military etc.

Indeed, it must. And it shall.

I believe that Japan needs to do more in India, we should expand more of our offshore manufacturing plants into India from China. The quality of Indian manufacturing laborers is well renowned as well as the unlimited potential due to the large work force. May this come to fruition !

Well said, @nair . Modi is highly loved even in Japan; we await to see him in our shores, soon.

Indeed, it must. And it shall.
Not to forget our large market,which is completely untapped as of this moment,this will give the Japanese Industrial Giants the much needed space to counter their Korean & Chinese counterparts,the speed at which the govt is reforming the laws & govt machinery & pushing the massive Infrastructure buildup in some years India will be completely open for business

Good step, but i still find it strange that asias two largest democracies still have such a low trade between them. Japan and India should be trading way more with each other than they are doing now. It will be good/interesting to see trade increase/reach a plausible level than currently.
I blame this low trade/interaction on Indias restricted FDI market/business environment/policies. It has always amazed me that India is more close than it 'communist' neighbour towards trade/FDI. In business/capitalism, companies dont give rat *** about democracy or communism/1 party state, or monarchy etc, they will invest/Trade with any country they know offer them a good/the best ROI(return on investment). Reason why Trade between China and Japan despite being sworn ennemies is so large and keeps increasing. In fact looking at the figures between China and Japan, indias figures with Japan is just laughable/pathetic.:disagree: In fact South Korea and Japan trade is even bigger than Indias.Even Vietnam attracts more FDI and companies moving out of China than India does. This shouldnt be the case, giving Indias huge market. Its really said to see Indias potential not being utilised. Though to be fair, the language barrier is also a huge handicap for more trade/Investment/interaction between confucian east asian countries and India.

Hopefully the new government in delhi will reform at a much faster pace. Im still optimistic about India.

Here's a truly titillating type of lingerie: a brassiere for men.

Kaku Nishioka, owner of a Tokyo clothing store, has just started selling a guys-only garment known in Japanese as the Kahei Oyasumi bra.

It is designed to help perk up a man's chest, called "moobs" by some, while he sleeps.

"If a man has good pectoral muscles he is at just the same risk as a woman of having them gradually stretched and left out of shape," he told the Mirror. "A man who wears this bra to bed at night will find everything is held firmly in place and looking good the next day."

The effects of gravity on a man's pectoral muscles have been underreported according to Nishioka.

This isn't the first time that Japanese bra manufacturers have tried to attract male customers. WTFark.com is keeping abreast of the trend in the video above.

Japanese Company Fights 'Moobs' With Bra For Men

Last edited:
Haha, two things:
1) I work with a Vietnamese-american guy who doesn't watch his mouth as well as he should, and his English, while good, is not perfect. The other day, we had another engineer (female, also viet) in our cube. I had a t-shirt on, she was trying to read it. The guy says "Stop staring at his breasts!". I say "Dude, I am completely flat chested!". He then says "Well, I'm asian, I have low standards!" Vietnamese woman says something to him in vietnamese and leaves... never got an explanation...

2) Seinfeld did this in the 90s.
or search YouTube for Seinfeld and manzier. Half the episode is about it (and whether it should be the "manzier" or the "bro".

Haha, two things:
1) I work with a Vietnamese-american guy who doesn't watch his mouth as well as he should, and his English, while good, is not perfect. The other day, we had another engineer (female, also viet) in our cube. I had a t-shirt on, she was trying to read it. The guy says "Stop staring at his breasts!". I say "Dude, I am completely flat chested!". He then says "Well, I'm asian, I have low standards!" Vietnamese woman says something to him in vietnamese and leaves... never got an explanation...

2) Seinfeld did this in the 90s.
or search YouTube for Seinfeld and manzier. Half the episode is about it (and whether it should be the "manzier" or the "bro".

:lol:

@Nihonjin1051 Maybe our Nihon friend knows.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here's a truly titillating type of lingerie: a brassiere for men.

Kaku Nishioka, owner of a Tokyo clothing store, has just started selling a guys-only garment known in Japanese as the Kahei Oyasumi bra.

It is designed to help perk up a man's chest, called "moobs" by some, while he sleeps.

"If a man has good pectoral muscles he is at just the same risk as a woman of having them gradually stretched and left out of shape," he told the Mirror. "A man who wears this bra to bed at night will find everything is held firmly in place and looking good the next day."

The effects of gravity on a man's pectoral muscles have been underreported according to Nishioka.

This isn't the first time that Japanese bra manufacturers have tried to attract male customers. WTFark.com is keeping abreast of the trend in the video above.

Japanese Company Fights 'Moobs' With Bra For Men

Why not do some cardio or some exercise

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom