What's new

James Faulkner leaves PSL prematurely, accuses PCB of lying and not honouring agreed payments

While the leagues are governed by the sports authorities, the franchises are standalone entities and have their own economics. If I am not mistaken, the franchises in PSL are also privately owned? Every franchise will have its own accounts, but the point I am making is that most of the costs and revenues are known well in advance and there are unlikely to be any surprises mid way during the tournament. So PCB's solvency is not really an issue in any case.

I am not an expert in PCB finances, but from what I have read, each team contributes to a pooled escrow account maintained by the PCB, in which money is deposited by each team before the season even begins. The money to franchise players is then distributed by the PCB on behalf of each team.

So the PCB knows in advance of the season how much money it has in the pocket, and how much it can spend.

You are correct that the revenue and expenditures are then known in advance of the season, and even withheld for the purpose of payments before.

So many self loathers. Faulkner wanted double pay, then threw a drunk hissy fit and destroyed hotel property. He has made an idiot of himself.

I will confess in the beginning i did believe what this gora said , and now i read the updates in comments what this gora was upto and what he did. This is what happen when you keep listening how much corrupt we Pakistanis are and how much we screw each other that when this kind of news popup our needle points to "we must have done this thing"

1- Legally a person can demand his pay to be paid to any of his bank accounts

2- He may have lived more in England region for year and wanted to split his tax base or in case he was living in one of British own island areas, , how Taxes in Australia or England work is not PSL concern

• If Foreign Transfer can't be done the person should be given a Check/Cheque to carry with them to the bank of their liking

3- A player should be given their salary based on contract not , for if he played or not or his team made the playoff

4- Faulkner messed up a hotel artifact , but Pakistan's own politician have ruined 90% of country for 50 years , what is different that this guy deserves prison

For Football , there is a very detailed process to listen to player's complaints and also a well designed decision making process , how PSL has handled it is very unprofessional, arguments mostly arise due to playing time and money payments. This happens frequently in Asia football level also sometimes in Europe when players move between teams illegally without informing their team

Last edited:
James Faulkner has left the Pakistan Super League prematurely over a payment dispute, saying the PCB hasn't honoured the contractually agreed payments and has instead "continued to lie" to him.

Faulkner, who has not played Quetta Gladiators' last three games, was understood to have grown increasingly agitated over the matter. ESPNcricinfo understands Faulkner had been negotiating with the PCB over the due payments, with things getting so heated on Friday that he threw his bat and helmet from the lobby floor balcony onto a chandelier after a discussion with a PCB official before leaving for the airport.

Earlier today, he posted two tweets apologising to Pakistan cricket fans and calling his treatment at the hands of the PCB and the PSL "a disgrace".

I apologise to the Pakistan cricket fans. But unfortunately I've had to withdraw from the last 2 matches and leave the @thePSLt20 due to the @TheRealPCB not honouring my contractual agreement/payments. I've been here the whole duration and they have continued to lie to me. It hurts to leave as I wanted to help to get international cricket back in Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing. But the treatment I have received has been a disgrace from the @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20. I'm sure you all understand my position."

The PCB issued a brief statement saying they had "regretfully taken note of Mr James Faulkner's false and misleading accusations" and that the board would shortly release a detailed statement.

Traditionally, the PCB has always dealt with making player payments initially before recovering the money from the franchises, which may explain why Faulkner's primary grievance lies with the PCB rather than his franchise. Gladiators distanced themselves from the issue, telling ESPNcricinfo the Australian's payment dispute was with the PCB.

Faulkner played six PSL games this season, taking six wickets and scoring 49 runs.

Mods @waz @The Eagle

Kindly change the thread heading for correction by inclusion of red highlighted word in it :

James Faulkner leaves PSL prematurely, falsely accuses PCB of lying and not honouring agreed payments​

Last edited:
It is player dispute should have been handled between player Agent and PSL , Negotiators

• Statement should have come from Player Agent
  • Statement should have come from PCB (Confirming Payment or Not)

Discipline Proceeding with Respect to PSL Team's player
Follow Up proceedings should have taken place w.r.t the Player under contract in Hotel, misbehavior as the player is not on a personal holiday

Last edited:
I will confess in the beginning i did believe what this gora said , and now i read the updates in comments what this gora was upto and what he did. This is what happen when you keep listening how much corrupt we Pakistanis are and how much we screw each other that when this kind of news popup our needle points to "we must have done this thing"

Pakistanis only screw over other Pakistanis. When it comes to engraiz or firangis, they don't even dare to think of such an act.

News comes out today that Faulkner is a serial liar and has tried launching false statements insinuating his fees are being withheld. Clearly not the case.
What would the PCB have to gain by withholding this retards money - when they have paid and met their obligations with the rest of the overseas players recruited?
In Faulkner attempting to ask for a payment OFF SHORE would suggests he intends to not pay tax or declare his earnings.
His erratic behavior - drunken attributes and damaging the hotel speaks volumes of this characters intent.

I find it fascinating that an exotic Indian opens the thread attempting to put down the PSL and his buddy sirlundalot comes on here with a one liner "lol" attempting to enhance and add quality to our forum. Coming from a nation where players have been begging for payment from 6 years ago its a bit rich? Coming from a nation where a team has been disbanded for match fixing (Dhonis team no less) - its even more richer.

The PSL has been perhaps the most enjoyable of the bunch of franchised cricket ever. I am no supporter of 20/20 cricket - but have been pleasantly surprised at the quality and talent. Something for the nation to be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom