What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

This thread will be used to promote Jakarta as both business center and tourist destination. Almost all of the skyscrapers are office buildings.

Beautiful city ... I need to visit Indonesia sometime. Have always wanted to go to Jakarta and Bali.

Probably won't be a capital city for much longer if we stay on track with current plans... So yeah Jakarta needs to re-brand it self into more of a Business/Financial/Commercial hub rather than as a capital city... and also needs to quickly address the ground sinking problem too...

Probably won't be a capital city for much longer if we stay on track with current plans... So yeah Jakarta needs to re-brand it self into more of a Business/Financial/Commercial hub rather than as a capital city... and also needs to quickly address the ground sinking problem too...
Why?
Jakarta isn't the largest city of Indonesia? your country has the plan of moving the capital?

Beautiful city ... I need to visit Indonesia sometime. Have always wanted to go to Jakarta and Bali.

Thank You, I also live in the city, South Jakarta. I think better to have experience living in Jakarta for at least 3 days before visiting other tourist destinations that are more popular like Borobudur temple in Central Java, Bali, Lombok, and Labuan Bajo.

Jakarta Icon in my opinion is Sudirman business district, Monas Monument, Istiqlal Mosque, Gelora Bung Karno Sport Complex, and Old City.

Istiqlal Mosque and Monas Monument

Sudirman Business District

I have to admit Jakarta is more vibrant than KL.

Meanwhile Bangkok still rank no 1 in ASEAN for happenings. Singapore if one want to do business, higher learning or R&D.

HCMC is improving fast.

KL is very very boring.

If you guys bring your kids to Jakarta, you can bring them to Dunia Fantasi (Jakarta Theme Park) or Sea World that are located in Ancol Dream Land. But better not to visit them in holidays like Saturday and Sunday because it will be quite crowded at that time.

Dunia Fantasi (Fantasy World)

ok because i live at jakarta too, i will contribute a little bit.
here a good vlog about jakarta

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom