What's new

Jaitley likely to skip Saarc meet in Islamabad

We actually get stuff done with BBIN, BIMSTEC + Sri Lanka ECTA ....no one to throw a spanner in the works and drag things out for decades on end.

We will reach Afghanistan through Iran and deal bilaterally. Things are looking on the up.

SAARC can die a slow painful death for all we care.

Its just an excuse for some hot lunches, tea and some photos. Nothing gets done or signed because of one country refusing MFN to India and continuing this philosophy to everything else that SAARC was supposed to cover.
exactly just an excuse for lunches
the chaubahar deal is debatable but we will leave it for relevant thread
The one major agreement we will honour with you is bilateral and its the Simla Agreement. Everything else will have to spring from that for there to be movement between us. Its really that simple
yup yup
simla deal do honours UN charter and that is what must be the base of dialogues
not modis Terrorism and AJK policy
what i say is give up the notion of integral part get on table forget the result and stay engaged so the other matters can be normalise but who am i to say anything

exactly just an excuse for lunches
the chaubahar deal is debatable but we will leave it for relevant thread

yup yup
simla deal do honours UN charter and that is what must be the base of dialogues
not modis Terrorism and AJK policy
what i say is give up the notion of integral part get on table forget the result and stay engaged so the other matters can be normalise but who am i to say anything

Right we can have difference of opinion on certain things....but lets just agree SAARC is a useless forum now....so its a waste of time for any minister to attend it to try accomplish something.

India and Pakistan are better off trying small bilateral economic projects (power export/import, expanding duty free (or low duty) items on case by case basis and try ramp up more cultural contacts etc). These confidence building measures can be increased with time....and long term will help solve things like Kashmir permanently and peacefully.

So it is not a superiority complex or anything from Jaitley not deciding to go. He is a busy man that is working on getting the structure of GST in india sorted out ( a monumental task ). So sorry he doesn't have time to drop by for a whole day or two of chai and biscuits. If someone wants to wish him well from Pakistan, they can tweet it or call him.

Right we can have difference of opinion on certain things....but lets just agree SAARC is a useless forum now....so its a waste of time for any minister to attend it to try accomplish something.

India and Pakistan are better off trying small bilateral economic projects (power export/import, expanding duty free (or low duty) items on case by case basis and try ramp up more cultural contacts etc). These confidence building measures can be increased with time....and long term will help solve things like Kashmir permanently and peacefully.

So it is not a superiority complex or anything from Jaitley not deciding to go. He is a busy man that is working on getting the structure of GST in india sorted out ( a monumental task ). So sorry he doesn't have time to drop by for a whole day or two of chai and biscuits. If someone wants to wish him well from Pakistan, they can tweet it or call him
with all due respect useless or not SAARC is still a diplomatic forum in existence and yes have no importance to us
now matter how Pakistan and India see it , as superiority complex or bust schedule we have to realize that its not how the world sees it, to them its still a regional diplomatic forum like ASEAN,and diplomacy does not work on the opinions of Indians and Pakistanis, it certainly is not how diplomacy works as i've been saying this since the start of this thread

moreover pakistan and India can not execute minor projects unless the normalization of foreign affairs and to do that sit on the table and dont stand up ever just let the other things flow keep it busy but first get on the table without pre-conditions

with all due respect useless or not SAARC is still a diplomatic forum in existence and yes have no importance to us
now matter how Pakistan and India see it , as superiority complex or bust schedule we have to realize that its not how the world sees it, it certainly is not how diplomacy works as i've been saying this since the start of this thread

moreover pakistan and India can not execute minor projects unless the normalization of foreign affairs and to do that sit on the table and dont stand up ever just let the other things flow keep it busy but first get on the table without pre-conditions

A diplomatic forum has to achieve something other than just trinket diplomacy.

We can send a junior minister to deal with the diplomacy....is one even going or India is a complete no show?

We can send a junior minister to deal with the diplomacy....is one even going or India is a complete no show?
India sent vice president for TAPI inauguration and that was precieved as non-seriousness in TAPI by many analysts
but the answer to it is again that the diplomacy do not works on the opinions of Locals but International community
i think everything worth discussing has been discussed on this thread so i would like to call this conclusion and lets agree to disagree further discussion might end up in trolling
see you on other threads

India sent vice president for TAPI inauguration and that was precieved as non-seriousness in TAPI by many analysts
but the answer to it is again that the diplomacy do not works on the opinions of Locals but International community
i think everything worth discussing has been discussed on this thread so i would like to call this conclusion and lets agree to disagree further discussion might end up in trolling
see you on other threads

OK I agree. But do you know if India is sending someone in Jaitley's place for this one about to happen?

India is sending someone in Jaitley's place for this one about to happen?
there has been no official statement about cancellation of his visit
if it is then i dont think India will send anyone
but i m as clueless as you or anyother commoner

Back
Top Bottom