What's new

Jaintapur border-BDR-BSF trade heavy gunfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDR chief: BSF intruding by force

Sylhet, Mar 2 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh Rifles chief Maj Gen Mainul Islam has alleged that Indian border guards are intruding onto Bangladeshi territory "by force".

"Despite the understanding reached between the political leaders of the two countries during prime minister Sheikh Hasina's visit, the lower level of the Indian border force is failing to comprehend the matter. And that is why they are firing 'irresponsibly' at the borders," he said.

"If Bangladeshi border forces were as imprudent and revengeful as their Indian counterparts then the border situation would be horrifying", the BDR director general said.

He emphasised the need for political and diplomatic solutions to settle disputes.

The BDR chief made these remarks at a press briefing at the BDR headquarters in Sylhet on Tuesday following a visit to a growing trouble spot at the border between Bangladesh and India.

The press briefing was attended by BDR Sylhet sector commander Col Niamul Islam Fatemi and commanding officer of 21st Rifles Battalion Lt Col Khandaker Zahirul Alam and others.

His visit came in the wake of several border fire incidents between Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) and India's Border Security Force (BSF) following intrusions of BSF into Bangladesh territory in Sylhet.

BSF breached the Jaintapur border several times this month, in an ongoing dispute over a water body on the Bangladesh side, giving rise to exchanges of fire between the two border forces.

Gen Mainul held talks with AK Vargon, BSF deputy inspector general of Shillong sector, at the Protappur border during the visit.

He assured the BDR chief that there would be no further intrusion from the Indian side until the director general-level talks between the two border forces are held in Delhi on Mar 7.

The BDR chief told reporters during his visit: "All border disputes will be settled politically."

"Since the relation between Bangladesh and India are heading for the better, both parties will have to be patient in finding a peaceful solution to border disputes. Bullets cannot be a solution; the solution has to be found through discussions."

He further said a joint border working group will soon meet to discuss the issue of illegally occupied land in accordance with the Land Boundary Agreement1974.

The working group last met in 2006, which produced a list of illegally occupied land.

The dispute would have been settled if the list were followed, Mainul said. But that was not possible because the BSF claimed that the whole disputed area was illegally occupied.

Answering to a query about BDR's 'submissive' attitude towards BSF's intrusion, Mainul said, "It's BDR policy not to fire first."

"However, they never failed to respond to any provocation. There is no question of weakness. Anyone has the right to retaliate if attacked."

The BDR chief also said, "The density of our Border Out Posts (BOP) has never been defined. The de facto density of BOPs built during the Pakistan period was every nine kilometres, whereas it is only three kilometres for India. But according to the new outline we will have one BOP every five kilometres and they will be closer to the border."

He expressed hope that the BDR will become a better and more organised force with a new name and uniform by next week.

BDR chief: BSF intruding by force | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

I did not think of writing in this thread until i read this post claiming that thereare no Bd citizens in India.Sir it would amaze you to know that in 2003 itself there were estimated to be 2 cr. Illegal BD immigrants in India.I know difficult for you to digest so its an open invitation that whenever you get a chance to come to places like New Delhi,Noida and small towns of Punjab please see for yourself the no. of BD illegal imigrants working as the labour class(my Indian friends would be amazed to know that these BD prefer northern states over kolkata because the indian Bengalis can easily identify them but the hindi speakers can't id them assuming them to be a local bengali Indian from kolkata) unbelievable?? believ:coffee:e it !!

If 2 cr. people could just cross the border and inavaded India then India should cease to exists or they should not be called illegals. I heard all human being in India are illegals. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And what about people who even cant speak Bengali who were thrown at our Border calling them as illegal??? Most of them get caught here again only because they dont know whereabouts in BD and the locals just hand them over to police only to be pushed back to Indian side.

Answering to a query about BDR's 'submissive' attitude towards BSF's intrusion, Mainul said, "It's BDR policy not to fire first."

"However, they never failed to respond to any provocation. There is no question of weakness. Anyone has the right to retaliate if attacked."

Very good and concise reply. Long live BDR.

I thought you are educated enough to understand that 2cr people don't just border in a day and illegally settle in India.And my friend why are you ruining your country's name by calling other citizen as illegal?I said illegal immigrants and not illegal humans.Thanks for telling me not to pay attention to your posts anymore..:wave: :lazy:

You call some humans as illegals which we dont recognize either. They are not BD citizen. Or they can be called stateless people and there is specific provision for stateless people in UN and redcross. You guys should talk to them and find a solution in this regard. There are quite a few poor being in India and they could find a way to get out of their misery through this process by resettling them in the barren land of Canada or in Australia. The best part of it they will turn wage earner for you guys only to fatten more of your foregin reserve. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did wiki done census in our country?? Did they run any statistical analysis?
CIA factsbook and indexmundi figure is same as our Census and Buereo of Statistics figure. and they are official.

BD's per capita is 690 dollar, india's 1000 dollar. We are off by only 300 dollar, but catching up quick. We dont allow FDI the way India does. The 690 dollar is completely our own money.
/QUOTE]

Ok, going by your CIA factbook BD's gdp per capita is 539 $ where india's 1078 $.and GDP(PPP ) of BD is 1600 , where as india's 3100.both figures for india is almost double than bd's.
Here goes the link for your confirmation-
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

You are the one using Slangs here. Reported to Mod./QUOTE]

well done.

As for population growth, if you take last 5 years then BD's growth rate is 1.67% where as India's 1.46% according to UN.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/wpp2006/WPP2006_Highlights_rev.pdf

But, talking about 2009 only, then BD's growth rate is less then ours.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2002.html?countryName=&countryCode=&regionCode=%C5%B8

I was talking about last few years not only about 2009.

Shame on you!! If you are less than 18 and can't handle discussing maturely, you are more than welcome to leave the forum at your own initiative. I don't care about BDs, but I don't want to see my countrymen and a fellow bengali talk such nonconstructive rubbish. Disgusting/QUOTE]

What constructive discussion you expect in this thread where bangladeshis are not even ready to accept than there people are illegally immigrating for jobs and better life to india and also demands BDR to be better than BSF.

You can expect mature discussion when the people you are discussing with shows maturity and accepts their faults also. It cant be one sided.

Yah...sure...you are most welcome too....and i believe your that "medicine" is 'Made in India'....

Tumi to vai dekhi onek kisui jano....taile etao janba j 'oti chalak er golaye dori'....ar i really have no idea who gave you the right to call the members here by "tui"....I would be glad if the MODs understood bengali and what is going on here....

About something you are terming as "threat"....that really proves how constructive can you think.... You are the one who is making fun of other members' names...find me a BD member who did so in this thread....can you??? We have civilised discussions here...we debate, we agree, we disagree....and then log off from the laptop....at the end of the day, its all about how well you display yourself here with proper and well-structured comments and dealing with members from around the globe....what you are doing is simply tarnishing your country's image and not to mention even yours....I have debated with many diligent and knowledgeable indian members. Go and learn from them first....and above all see how they behave....

I could have written this in bengali and dosed you with "medicines" 'Made in Bangladesh'....but as i said, i learnt my etiquittes.....and i also want the MODs to understand the situation here....

If you need to establish your point, you are free to do so....but in a proper way....

I would like to quote you here....

"NOTE: I HAVNT USED ANY BAD WORDS AGAINST BD NATION, BUT AGAINST AL-FAKIR WHO BASELESSLY ATTACKS US."

You earlier said that....you havent used slangs.....but here, you confessed that you did not use any "BAD WORDS" against BD...."BUT AGAINST AL-FAKIR...."

You are caught up within your own words...arent you...../QUOTE]

Sorry for using slang at first, i got bit carried away for your baseless attacks towards my motherland.

And dont u talk about etiquette.
u told me
nicher hawa ki beshi gorom hoiya gese naki...../QUOTE]

hope mods takes notice of this also if they understand bengali.

So, put your loud mouth in your pocket coz u need them a bit longer.

Illegal Bangladeshi Immigration: People Take the Mantle When the Government Gives Up
by Anand Kumar

The illegal immigration of Bangladeshis has become a serious problem for India . To deal with this, the government had earlier decided to deport at least 3,000 Bangladeshi migrants every month. But toward the end of April this year, the government took a U turn. The Union Home Ministry has now decided to do a rethink on the policy, as it felt the deportation exercise was ‘‘unimplementable’’. Almost at the same time people in Dibrugarh district in Assam started a social mobilization against these illegal immigrants. In sharp contrast to the government effort, their approach appears to be working. The economic sanctions imposed on illegal immigrants have forced a large number of them to move out of the district and seek living elsewhere. The non-governmental organization which started a campaign against the illegal Bangladeshis wants other districts to follow their example so that the state as a whole can get rid of them.

Illegal immigrants have been one of Assam 's biggest issues for the last two decades. Assam shares a 272-km-long border with Bangladesh . A vast stretch of that is still unfenced. India says that the large-scale infiltration from across the border was threatening the region's demographic profile. Though the exact number of illegal immigrants is not known, generally it is estimated that about 20 million Bangladeshis are illegally staying in India . Of this number, about 6 million are present in Assam alone. There are no official estimates for the number of migrants in Assam , but state governor Ajai Singh has said that up to 6,000 illegally enter the region every day. The outgoing judge of the IMDT Tribunal, which is supposed to detect and deport infiltrators has also admitted that infiltration is continuing on a large scale. Due to this unabated illegal immigration at least five districts of lower Assam is now dominated by the Bangladeshis.
The Congress led Assam government says that it wants to solve the issue of illegal immigration on the basis of Assam Accord and make 1971 as the cut off date for migrants. But this assertion of government remains only a statement of intent. Very little has been done on the ground to check the influx of Bangladeshis.

To remedy the situation, people of three districts in Upper Assam decided to act on their own within the boundaries of law. It first began in the district of Dibrugarh, where on April 12 this year a group of youngsters got together to form the Chiring Chapori Yuva Mancha. They published leaflets asking residents not to harbour, employ or provide food to suspected Bangladeshis. They also started sending SMS messages through mobile phones. As the messages spread, there was all-round cooperation from people in the district and nearby areas.

After which thousands of Bangladeshis who have been working as labourers and rickshaw pullers have been leaving the town of Dibrugarh . However, the estimate of number of people leaving varies. The group convened a press conference and thanked people for their support. A member of the forum said, “The response to the campaign against illegal migrants has been very encouraging. People from all quarters of this township, irrespective of caste, creed and community, have responded fully to our sincere appeal.” The group urged “indigenous Muslims” not to be frightened. It asserted that its fight was only against those who are illegally settling in Assam . It also ruled out possibility of any clash. The organization reiterated that it had only appealed to the people to which they have responded.

The organization has denied any political linkage. It has asked all conscious and law-abiding citizens to join its campaign. It says that its basic aim is to make Dibrugarh town clean and healthy. It also appealed to people from other districts of the state to launch similar sort of campaign to make the state free from illegal migrants. They have appealed to all political parties to support their cause.

The success of the campaign started by the 'Chiring Chapori Yuva Manch', in Dibrugarh, has encouraged other groups like All Assam Students Union, Asom Jatiyatabadi Yuba Chhatra Parishad, Tai Ahom Students Union and Motok Students Union also to join the campaign.

The Bangladeshi immigrants in this area were hired by local contractors in brick kilns, road and building construction works. A large majority of them also pulled rickshaws. Women worked as maids. After the campaign began, these workers started fleeing from Dibrugarh, Jorhat and Golaghat in Upper Assam to the five immigrant-dominated districts of Dhubri, Goalpara, Kokrajhar, Morigaon and Nagoan in Lower Assam .

ANOTHER PEACE OF TRASH BY AL FAKIR

tor ki saradin kono kaaj nei sala mental rugi!! if BSF wanted to treat BDR on its merit then the existance of the ur BDR is questionable. Thank good relations between our nations for it and dont spread hate outta here you rajakar

Listen you malaun scum. Who the **** are you addressing at you piss drinking hindu. This is true news and that is why I have posted. Do you think all bd's are bharati dalal that your cow piss drinking BSF would Intrude in to my land and I would stay Quiet like nothing happend. It's my foundamental right to expose you hindu scums that are try to dilute my land. Go and drink some more cow piss you bastards.

@ All BD members

Vhai-ae-ra , apnara keno sobai mile Shashanka ke report koren na? He is saying that we produce child like hell.
/QUOTE]

i was refering to huge population growth of BD which is unsustainable and creates headache for the neighbours. reporting against me wont change this fact.
you should look at yourself before throwing stones to others. almost every slum of west bengal is filled up by bangaladesi immigrants and assam as a hole is subjected to exponential growth in immigrant population.

Listen you Malnutrition hindu. Last time I checked, it's your Malnutrition country urged its citizen to eat *** to beat hunger. So go and eat some *** with some cow piss. :lol::rofl:

India's poor urged to 'eat rats'
By Amarnath Tewary
BBC News, Patna

It's argued that rats are a good source of nutrition

An official in the Indian state of Bihar has come up with a new idea to encourage low caste poor people to cope with food shortages - *** meat.

The Principal Secretary of the state's Welfare Department, Vijay Prakash, said that he was advancing his proposal after "much survey and ground work".

Bihar's extremely poor Musahar community are ***-eaters by tradition.

The Musahar are on the bottom strata of the caste system with the lowest literacy rate and per capita income.

Less than one percent of their 2.3 million population in Bihar is literate and 98% are landless.

Delicacy

Mr Prakash says his proposals to popularise *** meat eating are intended to uplift their social-economic condition.

People now prefer to eat *** meat instead of chicken or goat as it comes cheaper and is more tasty and healthy

Vijay Prakash

"There are twin advantages of this proposal. First, we can save about half of our food grain stocks by catching and eating rats and secondly we can improve the economic condition of the Musahar community," he told the BBC.

According to Mr Prakash, about 50% of total food grain stocks in the country are eaten away by rodents.

He argues that by promoting *** eating more grain will be preserved while hunger among the Musahar community will be reduced.

He said that *** meat is not only a delicacy but a protein-enriched food, widely popular in Thailand and France.

"Rats have almost no bones and are quite rich in nutrition. People at large don't know this cuisine fact but gradually they are catching up."

However he may find it difficult to popularise such a strategy in a conservative society like Bihar and other north Indian states.

Mr Prakash says that he has recipes to make *** eating a delicacy, which he now wants to distribute to all the hotels in Bihar.

He also wants to encourage *** farming in the same way that poultry is farmed.

While eating *** meat is still stigmatised in urban areas of the country, Mr Prakash says that his research has revealed that it is a popular food item in some parts of Bihar where it is known at roadside hotels by the name of "patal-bageri".

This is not the first time that the department secretary has come out with such an innovative idea.

Earlier, he proposed to recruit eunuchs as security guards to maternity wards in hospitals.

"Yes, that proposal is in its advance stage and we'll very soon engage them in various social activities of our department," he said.

And the welfare secretary's next plan?

"I'll make snake catching popular for the economic value of its venom," he said.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India's poor urged to 'eat rats'

Listen you malaun scum. Who the **** are you addressing at you piss drinking hindu. This is true news and that is why I have posted. Do you think all bd's are bharati dalal that your cow piss drinking BSF would Intrude in to my land and I would stay Quiet like nothing happend. It's my foundamental right to expose you hindu scums that are try to dilute my land. Go and drink some more cow piss you bastards./QUOTE]
TO ALL THE INDIANS AND BANGLADESHIS, LOOK AT THIS POST BY THIS GUY AND UNDERSTAND WHY I USED BAD WORDS AGAINST HIM.
I HAVE WATCHED HIS POSTS FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE JOINING THIS FORUM.......WHAT ELSE U THINK SHOULD I CALL HIM WHEN HE SAID US "piss drinking hindu" .

HOPES THE MODS WILL TAKE NOTICE OF THIS. I SAID HIM "MENTAL PATIENT" AND HE TOD ME "piss drinking hindu" ./B]

@ CHOYON , HOPE U ARE NOT ASHAMED OF ME ANY MORE.

Listen you malaun scum. Who the **** are you addressing at you piss drinking hindu. This is true news and that is why I have posted. Do you think all bd's are bharati dalal that your cow piss drinking BSF would Intrude in to my land and I would stay Quiet like nothing happend. It's my foundamental right to expose you hindu scums that are try to dilute my land. Go and drink some more cow piss you bastards./QUOTE]
TO ALL THE INDIANS AND BANGLADESHIS, LOOK AT THIS POST BY THIS GUY AND UNDERSTAND WHY I USED BAD WORDS AGAINST HIM.
I HAVE WATCHED HIS POSTS FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE JOINING THIS FORUM.......WHAT ELSE U THINK SHOULD I CALL HIM WHEN HE SAID US "piss drinking hindu" .

HOPES THE MODS WILL TAKE NOTICE OF THIS. I SAID HIM "MENTAL PATIENT" AND HE TOD ME "piss drinking hindu" ./B]

@ CHOYON , HOPE U ARE NOT ASHAMED OF ME ANY MORE.

Did i provoked you or you have started this dirty game. I was not even present in this thread. All I have posted a true news that concern bd yet you called me name.

So what you expect from me?

Go back and delete yours thus I will delete mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom