What's new

JAC Motors To Produce Cars In Pakistan

Post #56

Surely we have more options here in India, march this year I bought a Suzuki Swift VXI variant in my city and on road with taxes it cost me 6.25 Lacs INR.
Whether taxes or not but I can surely see that taxes and duties are very high in Pakistan and being a mid sized market local manufacturing is not in a very good shape. Most of the vital parts are imported that's why they are that expensive.
misconception of most of indain is that they have cheaper cars there, but if you do a conversion, the cars cheaper in pakistan are cheaper(the one assembled here)..

indian rupee is nearly twice as pakistani rupee

swift a completely new model will cost 13 lacs if brought today that is about 8 lac indian rupees, the reason why its so is that pakistan dont assemble swift, if you look at cars assembled in pakistan like mehran or corrola it comes out to be cheaper than indian counter part

the real problem is not cost , its lack of options and lack of quality.we just have 3-4 types of motor vehicles assembled in pakistan

More flooding of cheap garbage means indus and atlas have further justification to raise prices..JAC totally sucks on crash testing..and the quality and fuel economy is rubbish..this car is expensive to drive in saudi due to fuel guzzling..We must look to promote entry of high quality German manufacturers who set the standards of automotive industry..not cheap chinese and japanese garbage...

misconception of most of indain is that they have cheaper cars there, but if you do a conversion, the cars cheaper in pakistan are cheaper(the one assembled here)..

swift a completely new model will cost 13 lacs if brought today that is about 8 lac indian rupees, the reason why its so is that pakistan dont assemble swift, if you look at cars assembled in pakistan like mehran or corrola it comes out to be cheaper than indian counter part

the real problem is not cost , its lack of options and lack of quality.we just have 3-4 types of motor vehicles assembled in pakistan
It is the first time I am hearing from a Pakistani person that cars are cheaper in Pakistan as compared to India. Is it really so? If you can share ex-showroom prices for models available in Pakistan and India then we can sort it out :D. I would be more than happy if things come out the way you are saying.

No it is not about the not so friendly nations. If you look at the countries i mentioned and the order i mentioned them in, you will realize that India is not in that list because it is not a well renowned car manufacturer. Japanese and Germans are right on top followed by Americans and the French with the Koreans catching up. This is the exact order i think new manufacturers will have a chance/priority. Indians are not at that level in automobile industry.
Your logic doesn't make sense. Is the current Pakistani automobile industry representative of "well renonwned car manufactuerers" only? No. It is a monpoly for Japanese manufactuerers. If the market was liberalised why exactly could Indian manufactuerers that cater to the vast range of Indian customers (ranging from the middle class to lowest end of the market) to suit Subcontinental conditions not perform well in Pakistan?

If not for the anti-India sentiment/Japanese monoploy, Indian car manufactuerers (and foreign brands selling Indian made vehicles) would dominate the Pakistani car market.

India's automobile industry is fully liberalised and yet it is still Indian manufactuerers that have the most market share, I don't see why they couldn't translate this across the border. It would be more difficult to do so in other countries but there they are making headway too (Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, S.Africa and other African nations, S.America etc).

Yea I wish it was more successful in India but dumb marketing team made a huge mistake. Had they not labelled it "world's cheapest car" many millions would have bought it over a scooter saving 10s of thousands of lives.

Wasnt the fire scandal also a reason which defamed the Nano's? If i remember it correctly few of them caught fire while parked?

But yeah i agree they shouldnt had used the word cheapest. People take it the wrong way.

The fire was the straw that broke the camels back but most of the damage was due to marketing as cheapest car. People don't want that stigma attached to them.

TATA really messed up by promoting the Nano as the world's cheapest car when personal cars are by their very nature aspirational purchases.

They have stuck with the Nano and developed it over the years and they have made it into a very attractive car for first time buyers but the damage has been done to the Nano that otherwise could have been a great success:

Your logic doesn't make sense. Is the current Pakistani automobile industry representative of "well renonwned car manufactuerers" only? No. It is a monpoly for Japanese manufactuerers. If the market was liberalised why exactly could Indian manufactuerers that cater to the vast range of Indian customers (ranging from the middle class to lowest end of the market) to suit Subcontinental conditions not perform well in Pakistan?

If not for the anti-India sentiment/Japanese monoploy, Indian car manufactuerers (and foreign brands selling Indian made vehicles) would dominate the Pakistani car market.

India's automobile industry is fully liberalised and yet it is still Indian manufactuerers that have the most market share, I don't see why they couldn't translate this across the border. It would be more difficult to do so in other countries but there they are making headway too (Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, S.Africa and other African nations, S.America etc).

TATA really messed up by promoting the Nano as the world's cheapest car when personal cars are by their very nature aspirational purchases.

They have stuck with the Nano and developed it over the years and they have made it into a very attractive car for first time buyers but the damage has been done to the Nano that otherwise could have been a great success:

its useless to talk about Indian manufacturers to enter Pakistani market yet,
I don't see that happening in foreseeable future,

I believe Italian and Chinese manufacturers are highly likely to produce cars here in a year or two and if they come with a cheaper yet better alternative(which they do), then there's a very good chance of monopoly to end.

can you kindly explain the "Liberalized market" part?

Every one blames Japanese trio for higher price but no body see govt. Role in it. The tax rate in cars is 300% which means a car whose actual price is Pkr 5 lacs will cost you in Pakistan in Pkr 20 lacs. Now calculate prices of every car which you are expecting to come in Pakistan. Japanese trio is here for business which they do. Why they sell something for less price if they have option to sell in higher price? It's governments (whether its current or many previous ones) which create a environment which ultimately leads in higher price of Cars. It's day dreaming to think for a good quality low price car in Pakistan.

Every one blames Japanese trio for higher price but no body see govt. Role in it. The tax rate in cars is 300% which means a car whose actual price is Pkr 5 lacs will cost you in Pakistan in Pkr 20 lacs. Now calculate prices of every car which you are expecting to come in Pakistan. Japanese trio is here for business which they do. Why they sell something for less price if they have option to sell in higher price? It's governments (whether its current or many previous ones) which create a environment which ultimately leads in higher price of Cars. It's day dreaming to think for a good quality low price car in Pakistan.
No bone was thrown.
There there. No one in there right minds would support "Japanese automakers"

More flooding of cheap garbage means indus and atlas have further justification to raise prices..JAC totally sucks on crash testing..and the quality and fuel economy is rubbish..this car is expensive to drive in saudi due to fuel guzzling..We must look to promote entry of high quality German manufacturers who set the standards of automotive industry..not cheap chinese and japanese garbage...
I totally agree with this. If it's true that is

Swift is assembled here.

The reason why the corolla is cheaper than the Indian one is because of lesser features.

Swift is assembled here.

The reason why the corolla is cheaper than the Indian one is because of lesser features.
It would be great if you could point out those features.

I think these are the differences:
The fully loaded variant will get extra goodies like LED taillights, LED headlights, a 7.1-inch infotainment system with built-in navigation, reverse camera with parking sensors, leather seats, rear reclining seats, automatic wipers and a push button start.

can you kindly explain the "Liberalized market" part?
India's automobile sector was like Pakistan's (heavily regulated and dominated by a small number of entrenched entities with little competition) until the 1990s but it was heavily de-regulated (liberalized) and since then there has been a huge increase in the number of manufactuerers selling (and making) in India and India is now a global automobile manufacturing hub where almost every international brand is represented.

here i am not taliking about car sales in india...what i am saying is we exported that many cars to the world...

here i am not taliking about car sales in india...what i am saying is we exported that many cars to the world...
Hope you can say the same after 10+ years of WoT. Any who, this thread is not about Indian automotive industry, it's about Pakistan. Open a thread elsewhere.
At-topic:
I'd prefer Geely, heard they make pretty decent cars. What repute does Geely have in China? And JAC, we have FAW here, but you can't get cars like B30 etc... Just V2 and Sirius 1.5 and of course commercial vehicles.

@TaiShang @Chinese Bamboo

It would be great if you could point out those features.

I think these are the differences:
The fully loaded variant will get extra goodies like LED taillights, LED headlights, a 7.1-inch infotainment system with built-in navigation, reverse camera with parking sensors, leather seats, rear reclining seats, automatic wipers and a push button start.

No LED taillights or headlights. No 16" alloys (we have 15" but the next facelift will have 16"), no dual srs airbags, no VSC, no push start, no power driver seat.

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/one-third-car-price-pakistan-taxes/

Back
Top Bottom