What's new

J-XY - maybe J-35 - next generation carrier-borne fighter

I am just trying to say with current engine WS-13/RD-93 FC-31 has low thrust to weight ratio, that's all i have to say

Yes I agree with you and I also agree with you that WS-19 must be used for J-35. J-35 project proves medium level engine like WS-19 is probably finished in important aspects. Otherwise relying on WS-13 or RD-33 is not powerful or reliable enough and probably many other issues like poor thermal properties compared to the best medium power engines like EJ200 and F414. So if PLAN decide to go with J-35 we know therefore they must have confident plans for engine. Definitely not RD-33 or WS-13 which are not for navy anyway. I think Mig-29K must use some special navy version against corrosion. This type of RD-33 China has not bought.

Yes I agree with you and I also agree with you that WS-19 must be used for J-35. J-35 project proves medium level engine like WS-19 is probably finished in important aspects. Otherwise relying on WS-13 or RD-33 is not powerful or reliable enough and probably many other issues like poor thermal properties compared to the best medium power engines like EJ200 and F414. So if PLAN decide to go with J-35 we know therefore they must have confident plans for engine. Definitely not RD-33 or WS-13 which are not for navy anyway. I think Mig-29K must use some special navy version against corrosion. This type of RD-33 China has not bought.
And you would also be agree with me on that for Under power WS-13 or RD-93 on FC-31, China started to develop new Engine WS-19

Pass few days also news said Ukriane Motor Sich in process R&D on AI-9500f engine design for J-31 with 9.5ton of power. one of reason China china buy Motor Sich.

Pass few days also news said Ukriane Motor Sich in process R&D on AI-9500f engine design for J-31 with 9.5ton of power. one of reason China china buy Motor Sich.

IMO highly unlikely ... Why developing a very different engine when there si already the WS-19 on the drawing board or even bench test? Even more - at least AFAIK - is Motor Sich NOT famous for developing high-end-high-thrust powerplants, which an engine for the J-35 must be and also in mind of the not yet finished deal.

IMO highly unlikely ... Why developing a very different engine when there si already the WS-19 on the drawing board or even bench test? Even more - at least AFAIK - is Motor Sich NOT famous for developing high-end-high-thrust powerplants, which an engine for the J-35 must be and also in mind of the not yet finished deal.

Well i think Motor Sich also want to continue progress with develop new engine, as AI-9500F engine can use to many plane like example JF-17 (replace RD93). at the end still to up customer choose what engine there like/trust.
As for AI-9500F better or worst than WS-19 no one know, at the end reliability , lifespan, service interval will be factor to consider.
If Motor Sich finially sell to china, i think Motor Sich will have more future, since many engine can be used in china plane or helicopter. AI-222-25/F already use in L15.

Last edited:
I can't find much information on AL-9500. Seems this engine is from smaller engine with only 25KN produced. It is at least one power level down from WS-31 and RD-33 types. WS-19 will produce much more power. Can't even compare with M88.

J-35 will need two AL-31 or WS-10 level thrust otherwise it is too fat and heavy. WS-19 will be sized similar to RD-33 but will produce much more power and maybe up to early AL-31 level otherwise J-35 is hopeless product.

If J-35 may even be larger than FC-31 for navy. Definitely is heavier. Everything depends on size of final J-35. If it is heavy fighter and can fit WS-10 sized engine, it may really just get WS-10 pair. If it is like FC-31 sized, it will get two WS-19. The AL-9500 looks like engine for trainer sized fighter and performance level. Or for drone.

Motor Sich hold many other engine technology like commercial plane or transport and high bypass.

Last edited:
I can't find much information on AL-9500. Seems this engine is from smaller engine with only 25KN produced. It is at least one power level down from WS-31 and RD-33 types. WS-19 will produce much more power. Can't even compare with M88.

http://ivchenko-progress.com/?page_id=22&lang=en

Anyway AL-9500F only in design state, seems Motor Sich no have budget continue the program. see how Motor Sich seek future get china fund or not.

rdn_50ebbf7bc9f18.jpg

Last edited:
I do not want to divert from this in principle interesting discussion ... but we are very much now withing the engine thread.

Otherwise, any news, when we finally see the painted FC-31V2?? :cray:

What do you think .... J-35 coming soo or am I again to impatient?

via http://ep.cannews.com.cn/publish/zghkb7/html/1996//node_078139.html

The mission of military aircraft is urgent, the important research and development mission of AVIC Shenyang this year. AVIC Shenyang University attaches great importance to the establishment of plans, on-site trial guarantees, and comprehensive guarantees for trial operations. (China Aviation News)

I admit only via GoogleTranslator

Interesting post at the SDF by "SinoSoldier":

This was posted a week and a half ago by "dzytc", which you might recall is the CJDBY user who initially claimed that he saw the J-35 prototype. It's a very rough illustration of what is supposedly the prototype that he saw.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt.
Note a couple of things: (1) the yellow primer on the tail portion and (2) the PLA emblem on the vertical tails.

I think the illustration indicate that he doesn't want to be invited for a tea.

via https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2621019-1-1.html

J-35 maybe sketch.JPG

View attachment 630100
It's way much better to drink tea at home solitarily than get invited :tongue:

Someone there said this weird, a kind of 'impressionist soul' painting :rofl: is the strangest one ever seen in that forum in the last 10 years… nonetheless, all the oddity might signal that the new aircraft is coming out, but just wouldn't say it out clearer for obvious reason.

Well, let's just wait for some more time… but get a feeling it ain't remote.

View attachment 630100

What a joke! When later J-35 is finally revealed this guy will come out and say "Look at my painting, 100% accurate prediction!"
"Look at those blobs here, I clearly meant them to be WS-19!"
"See that squidgy line right there? Thats the arresting hook!"

IMO this joker should STFU, wasting people's time with this shit....

What a joke! When later J-35 is finally revealed this guy will come out and say "Look at my painting, 100% accurate prediction!"
"Look at those blobs here, I clearly meant them to be WS-19!"
"See that squidgy line right there? Thats the arresting hook!"

IMO this joker should STFU, wasting people's time with this shit....

Pardon, but why so offensive!??

This artwork is surely never ever meant to deduct any certain details nor to be authentic, but it is a hidden message - shrouded behind a childish artwork to avoid being invited for tea by the authorities - but anyway to tell a message that there is something out there.

Pardon, but why so offensive!??

This artwork is surely never ever meant to deduct any certain details nor to be authentic, but it is a hidden message - shrouded behind a childish artwork to avoid being invited for tea by the authorities - but anyway to tell a message that there is something out there.

I'm offensive because it wasted my time. If it is truly classified then he should remain silence, am I supposed to believe he actually saw the real thing with this Picasso masterpiece? This painting brought nothing new to the table.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom