What's new

J&K Grand Mufti, who said music was 'unIslamic', seen enjoying songs

The way I look at it is that Quran is the word of God and Hadith is its interpretation by men (like a kunji :) ). If one feels himself to be not capable to interpret quran by himself, he can go by what's given in Hadith. Else be your own scholar and interpret the Quran yourself..

Partially correct, except that its more like Quotes of the Prophet's example and then some detailed background information to those quotes. Sometimes the Quran is referred, sometimes not.

The Muslim belief has its source in two parts - 1. Quran 2. Sunnah. Sunnah means example of the Prophet. Now since the Prophet is not alive to show his example, it is considered that these hadiths are the example of the Prophet.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/267263-music-un-islamic-unless-you-grand-mufti-course-read-mor.html

PLease merge the threads.

article-2379539-1B02A6D1000005DC-574_634x475.jpg

From the looks of things it could be kawali singing about Allah and the rasool.

From the looks of things it could be kawali singing about Allah and the rasool.

Apparently not.

"The evening commenced with a popular ghazal sung by Mehdi Hassan, Ranjish hi sahi, dil hi dukhaane ke liye aa, followed by Chaap Tilak (Punjabi ghazal).

"Everybody was visibly transported to another world," socialite Kalpana Tickoo, who attended the July 8 function, wrote in a local newspaper.

"People were letting their hair down, unmindful of their surroundings. Once the cruise reached Char Chinari (a small island in the Dal Lake), it came to a halt… This time, the youngsters took charge of the music and what followed was absolute bonhomie.

Everybody in the world has some degree of duality in themselves.

You might want to quote it first... Hint, go read back on what I said first.

Oops no tthis one. The news when this mufti declared fatwa on music. Or maybe he was secretly pissed off at women forming a band, but definitely said Muslic was haraam.

Everybody in the world has some degree of duality in themselves.

Wasn't that supposed to be the whole point of the "final and perfect" thingy?

To remove the last inch of duality and make things clear.

So what has really changed?

We need to kick out the purveyors of such primitive desert ideology.

In a secular country, such Talibunnis shouldn't be allowed.

We need to educate them on modernity.

I actually dont mind if they are Talibunny, as long as they keep their ideology, just that, an ideology. They are free to have whatever views they like, even if it is a stone age mentality. Freedom of speech/religion grants them the right to remain ignorant and backwards.

But the moment they start killing and acting out on a hateful ideology, well lets just say I can give them 72 reasons to not do that :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom