What's new

J-7 production ends after BAF J-7 jets Delivered

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
J-7 production ends after
BAF J-7 jets Delivered

The J-7 production line at Chengdu is now being decommissioned after the last 12 F-7BGI jets for the BAF delivered. That is an 40-year production run.

NKvD4.jpg

va10T.jpg

China Defense Blog: Rurmor of the day: The last J-7s.

Wow!!! Since the production line is gone, no more upgrades or they would prove very expensive. Not sure if buying it was such a smart move.

I think J-7 was the only variant of Mig-21 still was on production until now..end of an era then,I might say..

And so the J-7 production line has ended (it is about time).

BAF was the last customer indeed.

Wow!!! Since the production line is gone, no more upgrades or they would prove very expensive. Not sure if buying it was such a smart move.

Just because a model's production line has ended, it doesn't mean spares and upgrades won't be available.

What are these J-7s for guys? Is it possible to rent them out to rich amateur pilots and at least get some RoI? :lol:

china literally has thousands of j-7 of all flavors decommisioned/being decommissioned, spare parts is no problem at all. i highly doubt these j-7 will ever be upgraded, they are a stop-gap after all.

china literally has thousands of j-7 of all flavors decommisioned/being decommissioned, spare parts is no problem at all. i highly doubt these j-7 will ever be upgraded, they are a stop-gap after all.

F-7BGI will remain the most improved variant of F-7 planes since the assembly plant is being closed. F-7 is essentially Mig-21 which started its journey in 1959 in Russia. This is the longest surviving war plane in the world.

Back
Top Bottom