What's new

J-20 vs F-22

What problem does the canard solve?

Losing energy. I'm not an expert but I think the issue with delta wing is losing speed and lift during maneuvering. Canards increase maneuverability due to additional control surfaces and also increase lift due to being another lifting body. In addition, wasn't it that tailed deltas do not suffer from the same problem energy loss problem during maneuver as tail less deltas?

Losing energy. I'm not an expert but I think the issue with delta wing is losing speed and lift during maneuvering. Canards increase maneuverability due to additional control surfaces and also increase lift due to being another lifting body. In addition, wasn't it that tailed deltas do not suffer from the same problem energy loss problem during maneuver as tail less deltas?

I read on another blog that the canard/LERX/delta layout provides alot of extra lift without the plane having to get into an as high AoA position compared to other planes. This apparently means they can perform some maneuver without having to bend the plane into positions where it will encounter alot of drag and bleed off energy.

In other words, less drastic deviation from the travelling orientation for the same maneuverability.

I think the J-20 will be more agile than the F22

:china:

i think this topic must BE CLOSED.
WTF
J20 IS NOT EVEN DONE YET FOR SAKE.
bunch of hippies fapping about which aint no true

DUDE, the Chinese plane just had it's first flight. Revive this thread after 7 years please.

GAWD the J-20 is just born and F-22 is a legendary fighter already.There is no comparison right now.J-20 just took it's first flight and Chinese are over the moon.

GAWD the J-20 is just born and F-22 is a legendary fighter already.There is no comparison right now.J-20 just took it's first flight and Chinese are over the moon.

I can't help finding this statement hypocritical given the amount of fanboyism heaped on the LCA.

I didn't know China even banned Wikipedia,cool!

Because it's not banned, censored but not banned. I know the Tejas is suppose to be 4.5 gen, but that is one unattractive retro looking plane. It looks like something out of the 1960's. To be fair, I thought the J-10 was pretty ugly too, but the J-20 may be the best looking 5th Gen in my opinion.

Because it's not banned, censored but not banned. I know the Tejas is suppose to be 4.5 gen, but that is one unattractive retro looking plane. It looks like something out of the 1960's. To be fair, I thought the J-10 was pretty ugly too, but the J-20 may be the best looking 5th Gen in my opinion.

It's not 4.5, it doesn't have AESA or IR.

Why bring in LCA?Let's discuss PAK FA? and the possibilities,who,China or India will get a fifth gen. first?
:hang2:

Anything relate to this topic with who will get 5th gen first?Chinese get their own 5th gen with their indigenous aircraft,indian get their 5th gen from buying them from Russia.Thats the different.Back to topic,I think this topic should be close and we shouldn"t discuss it too early since we all havent know function of the J20 from official!

Tejas is a full-fledged 4th gen interceptor, lol. The US and EU would not be supplying parts otherwise for an offensive weapon.

Back
Top Bottom