What's new

J-20 vs. F-22, Pak Fa, and F-35

lol according to @Martian2 logic in this argument, we can conclude that Women are better than Men because

1.) Women have bosom/boobs/breast and men don't
2.) Women have her period and can give birth to baby and Men can't
3.) Women can breast feed their child, men can't.

Ipso Facto Women are better than men, this is according to @Martian2

Combat radius rankings

A stealth fighter has little value if it can't reach the front lines of the battlefield. External fuel tanks don't make sense, because it severely degrades the stealth and maneuverability of a fighter. Let's compare the combat radius of the world's four stealth fighters on internal fuel.

Combat Radius
J-20: 1,200 miles
J-31: 780 miles
F-35: 672 miles
F-22: 472 miles

As you can see, the F-22 is least suitable for a battle in the Pacific. The F-35 has a better chance of reaching its target. However, the Chinese stealth fighters have plenty of extra fuel to spare and can afford to engage their afterburners to hunt down the F-35.
----------

Combat Radius sources

J-20. Source (Jamestown Foundation): An Initial Assessment of China's J-20 Stealth Fighter | The Jamestown Foundation
J-31. Source (AviationWeek): Avic Promotes J-31 As An Export Fighter | AWIN content from Aviation Week
F-35. Source (DefenseTech): F-35A Combat Radius May Not Meet Minimum Requirement | Defense Tech
F-22. Source (Lockheed Martin): F-22 Raptor Team Web Site: Technology - Flight Test Data

Last edited:
Its insult to f-22 and pakfa even to mention it along with j-20.
J-20 is such a underpowered jet.

Combat radius ranking

Combat Radius
J-20: 1,200 miles
J-31: 780 miles
F-35: 672 miles
F-22: 472 miles
That is because the F-22 must have 600 lbs of 'stealth paint' applied before every sortie resulting in thousands of lbs of paint layers over the yes in service.

By the way, we are still waiting for a few sources of that 600 lbs of 'stealth paint'.

Three conditions require a reapplication of 600 pounds of stealth paint: Flying at Mach 1.6 and above, flying through rain or heavy moisture, or flying through air with sand particles.

Source (The New York Times): http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/us/12plane.html?_r=2

VfKP6c4.jpg

----------

Source (DefenseTech): F-16 Co-Designer Claims F-22's Glues Causing Hypoxia | Defense Tech

VaufP6b.jpg

----------

Source (New York Post): CAN’T FLY, WON’T DIE | New York Post

Tph4u1o.jpg

----------

We know the F-22 requires frequent reapplications of glue for repairs. However, glue takes about a day to dry. This means the F-22 cannot fly many sorties with full stealth.

Source (DefenseIssues): F-22 Analysis « Defense Issues

rdElpcU.jpg

Last edited:
Lockheed Martin says 50% of maintenance is related to Low Observable coating

Every time that a panel is removed on the F-22 Raptor for routine maintenance, the Low Observable coating is damaged. However, it is not a simple matter of repainting a spot of broken paint. The layers must match the surrounding Low Observable coating exactly. How they accomplish this is probably classified. However, it is very laborious (which is evident by the 50% of maintenance time spent on fixing the Low Observable coating).

Source (Lockheed Martin): Sustainment · Lockheed Martin

VNxNC8q.jpg

Three conditions require a reapplication of 600 pounds of stealth paint: Flying at Mach 1.6 and above, flying through rain or heavy moisture, or flying through air with sand particles.

Source (The New York Times): http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/us/12plane.html?_r=2

VfKP6c4.jpg

----------

Source (DefenseTech): F-16 Co-Designer Claims F-22's Glues Causing Hypoxia | Defense Tech

VaufP6b.jpg

----------

Source (New York Post): CAN’T FLY, WON’T DIE | New York Post

Tph4u1o.jpg

----------

We know the F-22 requires frequent reapplications of glue for repairs. However, glue takes about a day to dry. This means the F-22 cannot fly many sorties with full stealth.

Source (DefenseIssues): F-22 Analysis « Defense Issues

rdElpcU.jpg

baseless source

""Assertion: Are these accusations in the recent lawsuit valid?

Facts: We believe the allegations are without merit. While we are aware of the Olsen lawsuit, the Corporation has not yet been served in this matter. We deny Mr. Olsen’s allegations and will vigorously defend this matter if and when it is served."""

it's a known fact that back in <2009 , due to the advance in technology and progress to full maturity , the radar-absorbing metallic skin was one of the problems that affected the maintenance times , but saying F-22 needs a new coating before every mission is baseless and idiotic

you need special centers for proper reapplication of stealth paint , not every base has them nor do the European bases where 4 F-22s are currently stationed at

the sources you quote are more than half a decade old and a year before F-22 would reach its maturity ,
meaning if in fact your source is right , many factors have improved in maintenance and etc.

here is the source that touches upon improvements in F-22 year after year

http://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/_files/F22AssertionsAndFacts.pdf

Darrol Olsen's whistleblower lawsuit was dismissed for lack of specificity.

The Raptor cannot fly in rain or sand ? Are you serious ? Rain ? Has this not been debunked many times before ? If the F-22 cannot fly in rain, then what is it doing in Hawaii and Alaska ?

F-22 crashes in Florida | Page 6

Sand ? What is the F-22 doing in Nevada ? You do know that Nevada have a lot of sand, right ?

The F-22 cannot fly enough ?

Lockheed Martin F-22 'Impressive Operational Capabilities' Validated in FOT&E II -- re> WASHINGTON, Sept. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
The Raptor has maintained an impressive tempo of successes this year that reflects the dedication and commitment the entire team has invested:

-- Deployment to Kadena Air Base, Japan -- more than 670 sorties flown
-- First Red Flag Exercise -- 100 percent sortie generation rate
Still nothing to prove that the F-22 need 600 lbs of 'stealth paint' BEFORE EVERY SORTIE.

"Before every sortie" was probably in a Popular Science article a few years back. Or was it Popular Mechanics or War Is Boring? I'm not spending hours to find a long-ago source to make you happy. Believe it or not is up to you. I have nothing to prove.

For the record, I didn't make it up. I read it in a reputable source. I remembered it. That is all.

"Before every sortie" was probably in a Popular Science article a few years back. Or was it Popular Mechanics or War Is Boring? I'm not spending hours to find a long-ago source to make you happy. Believe it or not is up to you. I have nothing to prove.

For the record, I didn't make it up. I read it in a reputable source. I remembered it. That is all.
I know you did not make it up. I knew about Darrol Olsen before you did. But what make you look silly, as usual, is that you simply do not stop and think about what you read. I have always said that you lack critical thinking skills and this 600 lbs of 'stealth paint' nonsense is just another one in a long chain of wrong assumptions on your part. As for the 'nothing to prove' bit. You do have plenty to prove, else you would not be here, or over at Nat-Int, or just about all over the Internet. You need to prove to yourself that you are 'somebody'.

Shenyang J-31 has four superior design features over the Lockheed Martin F-35

The J-31 combat radius comes directly from the manufacturer AVIC. The combat radius is reasonable, because it is only 100 miles more than the F-35.

The J-31 has four design advantages over the F-35. By following the "area rule," the J-31 minimizes the "production of shockwaves" and is more fuel efficient. Also, the J-31 has a clean aerodynamic design. In contrast, the F-35 wing root is wide and thick. The F-35 fuselage is also unusually wide (which increases drag) to accommodate the Marine version lift fan. Finally, the underside of the F-35 is a giant mess and creates vortices with its numerous bumps.

71PCw5b.jpg

The Chinese J-31 has a thin straight wing root. "Thin" means a small surface area for reflecting radar waves. "Straight" conforms with facet design to minimize reflection direction.
----------
hOOXnOm.jpg

The American F-35 has a thick wing root. Thick means more surface area for radar reflection. Also, the F-35 wing root is roundish. Round is terrible for stealth. It means multiple directions for radar reflections. [Note: "Continuous curvature" is like a duck bill and not related to round.]
----------
9to5F4Y.jpg

All three F-35 versions share a common airframe. The STOVL version (or F-35B) requires a lift-fan and leads to an unstealthy thick wing root and angled bay doors.

I know you did not make it up. I knew about Darrol Olsen before you did. But what make you look silly, as usual, is that you simply do not stop and think about what you read. I have always said that you lack critical thinking skills and this 600 lbs of 'stealth paint' nonsense is just another one in a long chain of wrong assumptions on your part. As for the 'nothing to prove' bit. You do have plenty to prove, else you would not be here, or over at Nat-Int, or just about all over the Internet. You need to prove to yourself that you are 'somebody'.
Leave him Mr gambit, he is just a kid trying to convinced us that J-20 is world best, it a worst design after PAK FA, its a basically clean up design based on MIG1.44, what a poor kid

Back
Top Bottom