What's new

J-20 Prototype #2012

What's new in this prototype???
We don't know yet but main difference is the paint color. It is more gray metallic. Very beautiful color! We suspect this is ram coasting, anti-thermal coat to avoid heat signature from being detect on radar.

We don't know yet but main difference is the paint color. It is more gray metallic. Very beautiful color! We suspect this is ram coasting, anti-thermal coat to avoid heat signature from being detect on radar.
Radar do not detect heat emissions.

To all the old wise Chinese people here :woot:, I have some questions regarding the J 20:

1> The PAKFA weighs 66000 pounds at takeoff weight , it is shorter than the J 20, by some estimates I calculate the takeoff weight (nominal @ half fuel load) to be around 75000 - 80000 pounds.

PAKFA carries currently 2 147 kN thrust engines thus TWR of PAKFA is 1.003 currently.

J 20 has 2 X 127 kN thrust engines thus TWR of J 20 is about 0.8 currently with AL 31FN Series 2 engines.

Wing area of J 20 is quite low and wing loading is very high. This does not bode well for agility characteristics of the jet.

My question is , is the J 20 being considered as a plane that uses it's phased array radar to intercept targets in the same manner as the MiG 25 and using it's low speed maneuverability for point defence, in addition to it's primary strike role?

2> Is the RAM paint an add - on like the RAM paint on this F 16?

120811-0089-91-0391.jpg

3> What is the rough cost of each J 20?

wow, is this a Photo-shop or real pic ?? If its real then it seems that there is some serious metallurgy going on in the air frame .. any details on the manufacturing process and composition of materials used in the frame ??

wow, is this a Photo-shop or real pic ?? If its real then it seems that there is some serious metallurgy going on in the air frame .. any details on the manufacturing process and composition of materials used in the frame ??

It is 100% real。The pic was taken early this morning Beijing Time。:azn:

I am not in a position to answer your other questions。:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom