What's new

J-20 had its first flight, what now?

That and this one below are the only two pics that tentatively shows a stealth version of JH-7B may be in the works.
jh7b.jpg

And by the looks of it this isn't a recent photo.

You don't design a nose on the computer if you aren't building it.

Since the above photo is old, it suggests that the JH-7B has been underway for a long time.

A guy on YouTube claims he saw TV news of the JH-7B's first flight in December 23, 2010.

That CG image appeared years ago. Simply because they choose to use it as background does not mean anything.

I know it's CG, but what's interesting is that it was broadcasted a long time after the J-20's first flight.

If they were talking about the J-20, then they would have used the photo of the J-20.

The article also suggests that whoever listened to the TV report heard enough to tell that they were talking about a completely new fighter jet, which he claimed to be the "Snowy Owl" mentioned in the program.

You don't design a nose on the computer if you aren't building it.

Since the above photo is old, it suggests that the JH-7B has been underway for a long time.

A guy on YouTube claims he saw TV news of the JH-7B's first flight in December 23, 2010.

That nose design shot can be done with commercial CAD software available at my university if you are willing to take the time. It shows the appearance of a nose section and doesn't tell much else. I believe that pic comes from an authentic project, just saying that if you are really out to mislead you can come up with something like that pic.

That nose design shot can be done with commercial CAD software available at my university if you are willing to take the time. It shows the appearance of a nose section and doesn't tell much else. I believe that pic comes from an authentic project, just saying that if you are really out to mislead you can come up with something like that pic.

And what would that "authentic project" be other than a new variant of the JH-7?

Remember, it's XAC that released that footage of the JH-7.

It is going to be expensive long-term for China to maintain a fleet of so many different jet fighters. China should immediately phase out its first 2 or 3 jet fighter models.

It is going to be expensive long-term for China to maintain a fleet of so many different jet fighters. China should immediately phase out its first 2 or 3 jet fighter models.

Maybe when we get their replacements first.

china is developing many models doesnt mean they all going to be in service. maybe some of them are for pure technological tests for advanced areodynamics, and some of them are more mature so will be brought into CAF in near future. I think!

But i do agree with you the fact that more models means more hectic for mantainence and spear parts supply.

even China is having lots of money, but its not wise to burn like that.

china is developing many models doesnt mean they all going to be in service. maybe some of them are for pure technological tests for advanced areodynamics, and some of them are more mature so will be brought into CAF in near future. I think!

But i do agree with you the fact that more models means more hectic for mantainence and spear parts supply.

even China is having lots of money, but its not wise to burn like that.

China is not burning money but creating business opportunity for her defense sector......many countries want a stealth plane for an affordable price.

Not really. Keeping the antique jets in service allows us to save money by eliminating the need to produce a huge amount of JL-8, JL-9, or L-15 trainers.

Back
Top Bottom