What's new

J-18 strike fighter?

Let's first remove certain misunderstanding here.

No land route ever compensates the ease and affordability of shipping.

but i think pakistan will not get a sukhoi from either china or russia. the j31 is the answer to your prayers @Horus .

Why is that so? If Pakistan can shell out $ 5 billion tomorrow in cash, I can guarantee a sale of SU-35, -16 block 52 or V or 60's (or a customized block or 62-P).

J-31 does solve the Stealth platform issue. J-11B is available but the PAF wants to wait till the D version matures up with the new Chinese LRAAM.

No land route ever compensates the ease and affordability of shipping.

:rofl: :angel: :omghaha:. Oil and Gas flowing through pipes thousands of miles away isn't "ease"??? You don't have to ship jack shiit, just open a valve on a pipeline and the oil and gas flow on their own... :cheers:.

On shipping, why won't months long shipping be more difficult than a three-four day drive and without any worries of who and what is going on in the ocean (Tsunami, Conflicts, pissing off Fish and Alligators) :enjoy:

Guys, this image is so much wrong, it can't be more ! Just look at these canards/strakes as well as tail and rivets under the wings. We have really seen better ps-jobs already ... however what's on this rumour I don't know.
Deino

Guys, this image is so much wrong, it can't be more ! Just look at these canards/strakes as well as tail and rivets under the wings. We have really seen better ps-jobs already ... however what's on this rumour I don't know.
Deino

It was already pointed out by the poster it's PS, but yeah we shouldn't be taking it too seriously about the rumor of j-18 for now.

China "Su-34" maybe true ... :o:
113930rluxn00b4uurbuln.jpg
105200lg51gz53pwglb1ju.jpg

Russia Su-34
193308idigdde7puvgiisq.jpg

1183542.jpg

Last edited:
The point - at least for me - right now is simply: is the report about a maiden flight yesterday true or not and if YES, how much fits it the true bird ? ... this image however is a PS-job for sure.

Something PAF needs badly and i hope this project is alive and comes to fruition.
First preference should be getting a third Air Superior Fighter like SU-35 or J-11 D than bomber should be an option to carry our massive strikes inside enemy territory

Why is that so? If Pakistan can shell out $ 5 billion tomorrow in cash, I can guarantee a sale of SU-35, -16 block 52 or V or 60's (or a customized block or 62-P).

J-31 does solve the Stealth platform issue. J-11B is available but the PAF wants to wait till the D version matures up with the new Chinese LRAAM.
really? you think nawaz sharif is going to wake up in the middle of the night and say "we need some of them Sukhio's" Pakistan is building its relationship with Russia. if hypothetically it wants Sukhio's then it would turn to the original manufacturer. im sure china wont mind. again all hypothetical

f16's...... block 52 modified, no aesa radar.
after the last batch of jf 17's are built, the j31 will be built there.

agreed........... there is a gap that does need to be filled with a jet like the sukhoi but i dont see it happening and i cant imagine it happening. i see things more realistically than your self.

but would it be nice for pakistan to have jets in the su-30 family? yes.

an ideal situation would be stealth fighters move in first with anti radar missiles and go to work then interceptors close behind as support and finally sukhoi's or equivalent bombing .

. this is were i come in and say buy the the eft if you have 5 billion, as you claim.

Oh guys why on earth do You really bring up these teeny-boys-wet-dreams what the PAF should, would like to purchase ?? It's really nasty, annoying and - besides being off-topic - is completely out of any realistic option.

Deino

Sukhoi_Su_34_Fullback_Fighter_3.jpg

China appears to have started testing a new “indigenous” combat aircraft derived from the Russian Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker family. The aircraft would be the latest in a series of Chinese fighters that are unlicensed copies of Russian jets.

If a photo—posted on the Chinese internet site Weibo yesterday—is genuine, the new Chinese aircraft appears to be similar in concept to the Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback. It appears to have a similar duckbill radome and side-by-side cockpit seating. However, the Chinese jet has much larger, broader canards that blend in with the aircraft’s wings. It also has a large sting that looks similar to the Su-34’s.

Russia is not thought to have sold the Fullback bomber variant of the Flanker to any other nation. Nor does the Chinese version of the aircraft appear to be a direct copy of the Su-34 or its earlier Su-32 predecessor. Rather, the new aircraft—while it is clearly a Su-27 derivative—appears to be a parallel development inspired by the Fullback.

It is possible that the Chinese modified the Su-27 independently based on what they knew about the Su-34. But it is also possible that the Chinese either gleaned the technology through espionage or via a third party. In previous years, the Chinese acquired a prototype of the Su-33 carrier-based version of the Flanker from which they derived the J-15 naval strike fighter that flies off the carrier Liaoning.

Nothing is known about the aircraft’s avionics or powerplant—but presumably operational versions of the jet will be equipped with some form of electronically scanned array radar, infrared search and track and electro-optical targeting systems. The engines are likely from the same family as the other Chinese Flankers—likely or Lyulka AL-31Fs or Chinese-made WS-10 turbofans.

Dave Majumdar is the defense editor for The National Interest. You can follow him on Twitter: @davemajumdar

China's Next Super Weapon: Is Beijing Developing Its Own Su-34 Fullback? | The National Interest Blog

Sukhoi_Su_34_Fullback_Fighter_3.jpg

China appears to have started testing a new “indigenous” combat aircraft derived from the Russian Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker family. The aircraft would be the latest in a series of Chinese fighters that are unlicensed copies of Russian jets.

If a photo—posted on the Chinese internet site Weibo yesterday—is genuine, the new Chinese aircraft appears to be similar in concept to the Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback. It appears to have a similar duckbill radome and side-by-side cockpit seating. However, the Chinese jet has much larger, broader canards that blend in with the aircraft’s wings. It also has a large sting that looks similar to the Su-34’s.

Russia is not thought to have sold the Fullback bomber variant of the Flanker to any other nation. Nor does the Chinese version of the aircraft appear to be a direct copy of the Su-34 or its earlier Su-32 predecessor. Rather, the new aircraft—while it is clearly a Su-27 derivative—appears to be a parallel development inspired by the Fullback.

It is possible that the Chinese modified the Su-27 independently based on what they knew about the Su-34. But it is also possible that the Chinese either gleaned the technology through espionage or via a third party. In previous years, the Chinese acquired a prototype of the Su-33 carrier-based version of the Flanker from which they derived the J-15 naval strike fighter that flies off the carrier Liaoning.

Nothing is known about the aircraft’s avionics or powerplant—but presumably operational versions of the jet will be equipped with some form of electronically scanned array radar, infrared search and track and electro-optical targeting systems. The engines are likely from the same family as the other Chinese Flankers—likely or Lyulka AL-31Fs or Chinese-made WS-10 turbofans.

Dave Majumdar is the defense editor for The National Interest. You can follow him on Twitter: @davemajumdar

China's Next Super Weapon: Is Beijing Developing Its Own Su-34 Fullback? | The National Interest Blog
it basically the picture of the so called "j18". its fake. a very bad photoshop edit, i must say.

J-18 strike fighter?
ejgjchb-jpg.267735

Back
Top Bottom