What's new

J-16D - China Builds Its Own 'Wild Weasel' To Suppress Air Defenses

I remember reading about this a long time ago on Eastern Arsenal. Aren't there pre-existing threads about this?

On topic: It would be a good option for Pakistan to consider to counter India's growing Air Defense capability.

su-30 better than plaaf planes? oh my God! su-30 is a very good fighter jet but please see the recent developments.china has made j-20 and j-31.we all see j-20 flying in the video.it's awesome.china is a country who now started making it's own engines radars everything.problem is even if india buy new planes,how many they will buy? china will always have superior quality and quantity because they are making it by themselves.

It seems SU35 is the ultimate weapon for some of the Indian members to depreciate our fighters and aviation industry.We have an old saying "When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers. I will select their good qualities and follow them, their bad qualities and avoid them."

how will it fare against Russian S-400 Triumph ?

It can detect the location of the S-400 just as when the S-400 tries to lock onto it. Whether it can beat the lock or not depends on the complexity of its electronics...
But atleast the location can be revealed for the other assets to go and take out the S-400 or a missile strike...

ONLY SU 35 which China has bought recently is Superior to SU 30 MKI
J 11 ; J 16 are just clones

And here also we are Upgrading our SU 30 MKI very soon
which will make it equal to Su 35

And with PAK FA and RAFALE coming in --

IAF will remain qualitatively superior
to PLAAF ; No worries for us
So mean to say pak fa not yet
Rafale not yet
And they are building j20 just for fun

The second prototype of J16D.
075326d59wcse87u448ud9.jpg

LOL at Su-30 being better than J-16D. These Indians have been smoking some real good cow dung.

We all have our points of view ; The Chinese can claim anything

J 11 and J 16 have Chinese avionics which are Never PEER REVIEWED
by International Observers and experts
unlike Russian ; French and Israeli systems which are sold the world over
and which are a Part of SU 30 MKI

Has J 11 and J 16 been in an Exercise with Russian Air force

Who else has seen their capabilities

J 11 has exercised with ONLY PAF and that too JF 17 ; F 7 P
Not even the PAF F 16

Otherwise why did China buy Russian SU 35 and That too
with SO MANY Russian conditions attached to the deal

China has still a lot of catching up to do in Avionics sector

I know. It is a bitter pill to swallow knowing that the world have moved along. You Indians have been fed to believe that nothing can beat the hanuman Su-30 MKI. Hate to burst your bubble. There is a reason why your air force is looking for newer fighters and why they have ditched Russian alternatives during the MMRCA tender.

dude you must be retarded but maybe thats just normal for your fellas
Tell me if you have issues comprehending the OP post or do i need to spoon feed here?

We are talking about a platform restructured to be an EW and SAM hunter .... and you are comparing that with your su 30 and Rafaele?

You sir are an absolute IDIOT .... thats all i can say

Try comprehending this...

The J-16D's wingtips have built in electronic intelligence pods, which intercept enemy electronic signals like radar transmissions, for processing in the fighter's computers, which then tell the J-16D's jammers how to scramble, confuse and block enemy usage of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The J-16D is a J-16/Su-30 multi-role fighter optimized for "Wild Weasel" missions. Starting in the Vietnam War, Wild Weasels are fighters designed to take on surface-to-air missile batteries in a SEAD (Supression of Enemy Air Defense) role. Armed with anti-radiation missiles (which lock on and target radars by their electronic emissions) and electronic intelligence and electronic warfare jammers, they are designed to engage and suppress defenses, opening the way for traditional air attacks.

Compared to the baseline J-16, the J-16D has removed its Infrared Search Tracking sensor and 30mm cannon to accommodate more electronics inside its fuselage. It also has several antennas mounted around its fuselage. The J-16D also two large ELINT pods on its wingtips, similar to those on the E/A-18 Growler, to collect enemy radar and electronic activity. Additionally, the J-16D has smaller radome, likely to include an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar optimized for electronic warfare, including signals collection and jamming. The J-16D will be fitted with large AESA jamming pods, a development of current jammers on JH-7A attack aircraft; its attack ability will come from YJ-91, LD-10 and other anti-radiation missiles.

The J-16D provides Chinese aerial operations with a fast, maneuverable and long range EW and Wild Weasel platform that can protect Chinese fighters and bombers like the J-10, J-11, J-15, J-20, J-31 and H-6K bomber. This will be an important requirement in combat operations in increasingly militarized areas like the Taiwan Straits and South China Seas. In combat operations, the J-16 would first use its jammers to disrupt the target and fire control of enemy air defenses, before firing its long range anti-radiation missiles, which are equally deadly against both mobile and fixed air defenses.

Comprende?
Just ask him to google EA-18G Growler.

Just ask him to google EA-18G Growler.

He lacks the brains to comprehend that mate
His day starts and ends with indoctrination and propaganda shoved up his brains.....su-30 is better ....Rafael is better and thats his default closed eyes reply to all threads

And one needs to have brains to comprehend logic beyond that .... so a specialized EW platform like Growler or J-16D are beyond his comprehension levels...

the concept is great making a Sukhoi clone SEAD capable, but trying out a stealthy plane for SEAD job is essential too.
In another thread @Deino said that chances for J16 to come to Paf are very low due to it being copy of SU30Mkk. So now our only option from Chinese side may be a J10B/C.

In another thread @Deino said that chances for J16 to come to Paf are very low due to it being copy of SU30Mkk. So now our only option from Chinese side may be a J10B/C.
PAF has MAR-1 to use on JF-17 for SEAD ops. But a stealth aircraft carrying anti radiation missile inside it can prove more effective as 5th gen aircraft already have better EW, ECM, detection pods, jamming as well as anti-jamming capabilities.

Can someone expand on the diffrences between the J11 vs J16?
These planes look so much similar to the untrained eyes

Would be nice to really get some input from folks on the Technological or Physical achivements which makes one model standout vs the other ?

I think he is not Minister of Defence of PRC?

I tell you Russia plundered 1.5 millions SQM land from China in the last 200 years. The Soviet field against PRC by instigating Nehru to invade China in 1962. The current cooperation between the two is just to leverage USA, nothing more than it. we love and care Pakistan, why shall we listen to Russia at weapon deal? The new generation in China is very proud and more assertive, no need to be hold back too much.

And don't forget Soviet keep siding with India to contain Pakistan in the last 60 years. If you forget the history, you can't do it right in the future.

The current Russia military action in Ukraine reminds me how they seperated lands from China. Old habits die hard.

I say J16 is for PAF, all Chinese members in this forum endorse it.
As good friend of India, Russia never give up milking India in all deals!! Be it FGFA, MKI, Carrier, Tanks! No Indians can deny it!
@Beast @cirr @ChineseTiger1986 @Chinese-Dragon @Asok

Electronic Flanker

This comparision of the J-16D to the baseline J-16, done by noted aviation journalist Andreas Rupprecht, shows that the J-16D has removed its IRST sensor and 30mm cannon, as well as installing addition antennas.

By Jeffrey Lin and P.W. Singer
http://www.popsci.com/china-builds-its-own-wild-weasel-to-suppress-air-defenses

I am surprised that no one has yet pointed out that Andreas Rupprecht is our very own @Deino and that he is a known authority on PLAAF & PLANAF with books to his name. I have been reading his posts on SDF for many years, and his being a moderator at PDF is a credit to this forum.

May you live long and prosper Deino.

Back
Top Bottom