What's new

J-11Bs Fighter Jet

He didn't say Pakistan has no participation in JF 17, he asked what useful participation Pakistan can offer for a 5. gen development? That is a fair question, because it is more than a big jump from JF 17 to J XX right?

F35 will only come on card after 2020, because with the delays and the already big orders of the partner countries, the production lines will be very busy and not to forget that it would be very costly.

actually the evaluated price of F-35 was only 40-55 million$ when they first brought up this program,shrinking dollar and elongated cycle is the main reason of the final crazy number.china will surely learn from their experience if there is another exporting version .

Last edited:
blk 52 is still the main fighter jet for U.S ,pakistan got it anyway,i think there is big chance pakistan can choice between F-35 and J-XX, it depends on the process of china’s 4th gen jet

BTW, you are so wrong about JF-17,20 pakistan engineers fully participated whole program

Let them keep thinking that Pakistan had no role in JF-17 or it contributed nothing.

There is a communication error, i did say Pakistan participated in the JF-17, i just stated that Pakistan has limited experience in building aircraft "apart from the JF-17".

actually the evaluated price of F-35 was only 40-55 million$ when they first brought up this program,shrinking dollar and elongated cycle is the main reason of the final crazy number.china will surely learn from their experience if there is another exporting version .

That was the planed price, the actual price is $160 million if you buy 100 of them!

China and India have a population of over a billion, but that says nothing about how long we will need to develop an 5. gen fighter right?
So again, from a Chinese point of view, what could the Pakistani defense, or aerospace industry contribute to an 5. gen J-XX development?

So this is only purchase matter.?:undecided:
& the engine which built by china , what is its reputation?
Good , Better then some one , or Best.
Or
So So.

J-11B is only a transit model and the production will stop in 2010. China probably just wants to keep the numbers within the deal of Su-27sk with Russians. There are better variants such as J-11BS and other derivatives J-16 if Pak is interested in twin engine fighter.

WS-10A is quite OK now, which is slightly more powerful than AL-31F but inferior to AL-31FM derivatives.

china dident give us kj 2000 beacuse it highly reckoned with PLA top brass . they wont let us go 50 50 .

50/50 in jxx.... pakistan very simply does not have that money even if china allowed them these are billion dollar projects if pakistan has to get soft loans for the things it acquires now from china there is no way it can possibly pay for development of jxx.

50/50 in jxx.... pakistan very simply does not have that money even if china allowed them these are billion dollar projects if pakistan has to get soft loans for the things it acquires now from china there is no way it can possibly pay for development of jxx.

PAF is intrested in J-10B with TOT only coz its mature and tested. PAF also paying billions for few F-16 coming this year n next. So, I dont think that PAF is with empty pockets that they cant buy cheaper jets then F-16.

Now coming to J-xx, its under construction n PAF dont have that much amount to put in RnD for joint production and RnD.

PAF can get J-11B with WS-10A engine but only the issue is that, Is PAF ready to go for twin engine AC's.............We know twin engine AC's are expensive to maintain and I dont think PAF is intrested in it.
So only choice is J-10B and JF-17 Block II which are I guess in development phases n it might took them one to two more years.

PAF is intrested in J-10B with TOT only coz its mature and tested. PAF also paying billions for few F-16 coming this year n next. So, I dont think that PAF is with empty pockets that they cant buy cheaper jets then F-16.

Now coming to J-xx, its under construction n PAF dont have that much amount to put in RnD for joint production and RnD.

PAF can get J-11B with WS-10A engine but only the issue is that, Is PAF ready to go for twin engine AC's.............We know twin engine AC's are expensive to maintain and I dont think PAF is intrested in it.
So only choice is J-10B and JF-17 Block II which are I guess in development phases n it might took them one to two more years.

i didnt say pakistan cant buy the j-10 or jxx when its ready, i only talked about the development costs. a point which we seem to agree on that pakistan simply cant afford the billions needed for the development, and frankly given that these plane WILL cost in the high millions a piece, Pakistan in its current course cant afford all that many of them thus buying it from china after china develops it makes more sense and if pakistan manages to fix it economy somehow and can afford many more then they can always sign a deal for TOT and maybe a production line.

MZUBAIR...I'm sorry but J-10B is still not matured enough and from the point of Pakistan purchasing it and integrating it way too long for PAF by 2013/2014 though 2017 induction/integration/training..

i didnt say pakistan cant buy the j-10 or jxx when its ready, i only talked about the development costs. a point which we seem to agree on that pakistan simply cant afford the billions needed for the development, and frankly given that these plane WILL cost in the high millions a piece, Pakistan in its current course cant afford all that many of them thus buying it from china after china develops it makes more sense and if pakistan manages to fix it economy somehow and can afford many more then they can always sign a deal for TOT and maybe a production line.

Agree Sir, I miss understood wt u said :cheers:

Unexpected purchase of chinese jet trainers of any type may have some thing to do with PAF's approch of projecting its assets based on availability of resources rather then its requirements. High Cost and inability to purchase the jet of their own liking may have forced PAF to look out for an alternative options to improve its training by relying more on Advanced jet trainers of L-15 types.

Unexpected purchase of chinese jet trainers of any type may have some thing to do with PAF's approch of projecting its assets based on availability of resources rather then its requirements. High Cost and inability to purchase the jet of their own liking may have forced PAF to look out for an alternative options to improve its training by relying more on Advanced jet trainers of L-15 types.

PAF has so far with whatever it has, done a very good job in training its fighter pilots who have shown to be capable enough to fly any advanced jet.

PAF current training procedure and assets available are being utilized efficiently.

But with induction of more advanced fighter jets, there is a need for a jet, which can easily train pilots to go straight to 4th gen fighters, here comes in the L-15 kind of jets.

L-15 is in no way less then any advanced jet trainer out there in the world.

So if it is needed, PAF will buy it.

hi my friends, i am a chinese PhD student now working in UK
i think FC-1(JF-17) is very suitable for PAF, it should contain WS-13 and most importantly PL-12!!
Besides, JH-7A may be another good option for PAF, this big bird will absolutely destroy indian!

hi my friends, i am a chinese PhD student now working in UK
i think FC-1(JF-17) is very suitable for PAF, it should contain WS-13 and most importantly PL-12!!
Besides, JH-7A may be another good option for PAF, this big bird will absolutely destroy indian!

JH-7A is more of a ground attack strike plane whereas JF-17 is multirole

JH-7A is more of a ground attack strike plane whereas JF-17 is multirole

yep, you are right. only JF-17 is not enough for PAF, i think JH-7A can further improve PAF. Indian always like to show their navy ships, carriers. JH-7A with C802K, C803 is a good choice.

JF-17 is no doubt a multirole aircraft, combing with JH-7A, i think it can further improve PAF.

Back
Top Bottom