What's new

J-11Bs Fighter Jet

Russia has cut the supply of AL-31F engines to China. So all the J-11B, 11Bs and J-15 fighters are equipped with indigenous WS-10A engines. There have been over 70 J-11B fighters produced since 2008 but none of them had a proper engine installed (this was published in official news with photos). They are being gradually released to PLAAF since January, 2010. By the end of this year China will have over 100 J-11B fighters in service. J-11B is expected soon to play simulating exercises with J-10As in air combat.

I don't think China is going to sell J-11B to Pakistan because of China-Russia relationship and the deals on Su-27 tot.

Its a good one, no one is contesting that. And even the $ game is not for us, rather its a global image making process.

And after receiving this, this is sure , we are going to get 2 engine jet fighter. Am i right sir,
and one more thing , share if you know,
will we get this with T.O.T ?

I don't think China is going to sell J-11B to Pakistan because of China-Russia relationship and the deals on Su-27 tot.

So this is only purchase matter.?:undecided:
& the engine which built by china , what is its reputation?
Good , Better then some one , or Best.
Or
So So.

well bro ...... L 15 has one thing that i finding now hard to belive its tail is single dose not have more than one .... hence j - 11b has a double tail .... maybe for the up comeing fc 20 that has more power and thrust in its engine than thunder and f 16 mirage f 7pg ... so i thinks L 15 is not going to be used for j 11b but fc 20 ... beacuse training pilots to fly aircraft require to have premtify training and it needs the pilot to feel how he would feel in the actual plane .... plus i looked and asked my auncle who know a friend that works in PAF and its true that nothing before 2019 will be twin engine fighters so l 15 is for the much powerful fc 20 that PAF will get

Last edited:
well bro ...... L 15 has one thing that i finding now hard to belive its tail is single dose not have more than one .... hence j - 11b has a double tail .... maybe for the up comeing fc 20 that has more power and thrust in its engine than thunder and f 16 mirage f 7pg ... so i thinks L 15 is not going to be used for j 11b but fc 20 ... beacuse training pilots to fly aircraft require to have premtify training and it needs the pilot to feel how he would feel in the actual plane .... plus i looked and asked my auncle who know a friend that works in PAF and its true that nothing before 2019 will be twin engine fighters so l 15 is for the much powerful fc 20 that PAF will get

I agree with Timikhan, it may be for Marketing not for J-11 or J10 etc

TimiKhan:-Its a good one, no one is contesting that. And even the $ game is not for us, rather its a global image making process.

most probly not why? beacuse PAF aint no fools air force toes are testing samples i know we gonna buy more if it meets requirments ..... but if you do look we do need high end trainers for our future inductions .... aint no marketing thing ...

instead of wasting $ on J-11, pakistan should negotiate with other countries the possibility of participating in the development of single engine stealth jet,j-11 didn't get much credit in PLA because of the high maintenance costs,it's only the transient plan.JF-17,F-16,FC-20,why bother to equip another 4th gen jet

Last edited:
very true about that but you are fro ghetting one thing sir pakistan has a threath to its east that has air superiority fighters ... and we cant get any from western nations only china can provide if funds are available or soft loan ;) baically we need deep strike fighter jets that can carry the pay load and come back. but you are defenately right about fc 20 we need a good avonics package for that.

Whhy nt pak join the J-xx and fund this project 50% and also tryies hard with our chineese brothers to make a 5th generation aircraft before 2018...

how about this

Whhy nt pak join the J-xx and fund this project 50% and also tryies hard with our chineese brothers to make a 5th generation aircraft before 2018...

how about this

china dident give us kj 2000 beacuse it highly reckoned with PLA top brass . they wont let us go 50 50 .

instead of wasting $ on J-11, pakistan should negotiate with other countries the possibility of participating in the development of single engine stealth jet,j-11 didn't get much credit in PLA because of the high maintenance costs,it's only the transient plan.JF-17,F-16,FC-20,why bother to equip another 4th gen jet

The only viable choice is the F-35, but the question is would partner nations want Pakistan involved with the F-35 given their close ties with China, another concern would be cash.

Besides funding i don't know what Pakistan can bring to the J-XX program, and no offense its just that Pakistan has any real experience in building aircraft apart from the JF-17. One has to also remember that project cost of building stealth aircraft is extreemly high, so if Pakistan is a 50/50 partner than Pakistan can expect to pay at least $5 billion--minumum. Now the question is, is it worth it? If Pakistan is going to induct a small number of J-XX aircraft than there is no point in covering 50% of the cost, lastly stealth aircraft themselves arn't cheap, if we look at the F-35 and pak-fa neither are going to be less than $80 million, most likely they will be around $100 million+ by the time they enter full production, so now the question is can Pakistan fund a stealth program and can Pakistan afford to by a decent some of stealth aircraft?

The only viable choice is the F-35, but the question is would partner nations want Pakistan involved with the F-35 given their close ties with China, another concern would be cash.

Besides funding i don't know what Pakistan can bring to the J-XX program, and no offense its just that Pakistan has any real experience in building aircraft apart from the JF-17. One has to also remember that project cost of building stealth aircraft is extreemly high, so if Pakistan is a 50/50 partner than Pakistan can expect to pay at least $5 billion--minumum. Now the question is, is it worth it? If Pakistan is going to induct a small number of J-XX aircraft than there is no point in covering 50% of the cost, lastly stealth aircraft themselves arn't cheap, if we look at the F-35 and pak-fa neither are going to be less than $80 million, most likely they will be around $100 million+ by the time they enter full production, so now the question is can Pakistan fund a stealth program and can Pakistan afford to by a decent some of stealth aircraft?

blk 52 is still the main fighter jet for U.S ,pakistan got it anyway,i think there is big chance pakistan can choice between F-35 and J-XX, it depends on the process of china’s 4th gen jet

BTW, you are so wrong about JF-17,20 pakistan engineers fully participated whole program

blk 52 is still the main fighter jet for U.S ,pakistan got it anyway,i think there is big chance pakistan can choice between F-35 and J-XX, it depends on the process of china’s 4th gen jet

BTW, you are so wrong about JF-17,20 pakistan engineers fully participated whole program

Let them keep thinking that Pakistan had no role in JF-17 or it contributed nothing.

No matter what you tell them, it is hard for them to understand and get the thing.

US will never sell us F-35s, and they are damn expensive.

Only viable option is China, with whatever money we can contribute and human resource also, as it will help in training Pakistani human resource and we can do our own little research or can even join with Chinese researchers.

And as far as money is concerned, China has no shortage of it to wait for Pakistani money to be pooled together, like some others have such shortages and get the funding from others to make planes.

He didn't say Pakistan has no participation in JF 17, he asked what useful participation Pakistan can offer for a 5. gen development? That is a fair question, because it is more than a big jump from JF 17 to J XX right?

F35 will only come on card after 2020, because with the delays and the already big orders of the partner countries, the production lines will be very busy and not to forget that it would be very costly.

US will never sell us F-35s, and they are damn expensive.

Only viable option is China, with whatever money we can contribute and human resource also, as it will help in training Pakistani human resource and we can do our own little research or can even join with Chinese researchers.

It makes no sense that Pakistan invest money and resources in its current situation. Improve the economy in the interim while you play your cards smartly by just waiting! Options should be immediately available as soon as the MRCA deal is over as far as 4.5 gen air crafts are concerned. For the 5th Gen Air crafts it depends on how the relationship between India and China goes, if it improves US will come rushing to sell you, if it doesn't China will be rushing to help you. If you ask me both are a strong possibilities. As long as you have some cash in hand options will always be open.

Back
Top Bottom