What's new

J-10 starts to equip with the WS-10A engine

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
From the 4:40 of the footage, you can see that the WS-10A is on J-10.

[video]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMjY3NzUwNDIw/v.swf[/video]

phr9F64.png

WVuIYJL.png

great news ! how soon can we get the WS-13 for Jf-17 block 2 ? :victory:

great news ! how soon can we get the WS-13 for Jf-17 block 2 ? :victory:

Don't get ahead of yourself, the engines have yet to mature. Even if they're close to it, this may still take quite a while longer.

If the Chinese can really pull this off and create a reliable, affordable, highly quality jet engine, we're going to see quite a shift in the world air defence market.

Don't get ahead of yourself, the engines have yet to mature. Even if they're close to it, this may still take quite a while longer.

If the Chinese can really pull this off and create a reliable, affordable, highly quality jet engine, we're going to see quite a shift in the world air defence market.
i'm sure they'll mature till 2020 ;)

i'm sure they'll mature till 2020 ;)

lol, it won't take that long. I predict that they should be able to produce high quality powerful engines by 2016-17. It's almost a guarantee that their first major noteworthy application will be on 5th gen Chinese fighters such as the J-20 and/or J-31.

Russia completed mature engine within 15 years and US completed it 19 years. China is longer than 22 years and still working on....they are very slow man!

sigh

Russia completed mature engine within 15 years and US completed it 19 years. China is longer than 22 years and still working on....they are very slow man!

sigh
Well in respect to China if you look at the history USA and Russia has been making engines since WW1 and their engine technology matured from turbo prop to Jet in ww2 era when they took few jet fighters of german planes so at that time i don't think China was still as an independent country so in my opinion the amount of time taken by the chinese is pretty outstanding and how much they have achieved so i don't reckon that they are going on a slow pace to be honest :china:

sigh

Unfair comparison.

It's a big leap to go from nothing to competing with engines made by people who've been making them since they were invented.

Unfair comparison.

It's a big leap to go from nothing to competing with engines made by people who've been making them since they were invented.

in addition we have to consider the past conditions as well, for instance the US has been rich/developed for a long time, and able to consistently provide good funding/expertise. meanwhile in china 22 years ago funding was only just starting to increase again for these project after a decade of decreases(just a few year prior to this a loss of a single prototype meant the end of a project, thats how tight money was), the economy was still peanuts compared to the US, the are no pool of experts to help. its only starting in the 2000s that chinese projects really kicked into gear, and next gen stuff will be faster because they are building a pool of experts that they didnt have before with this gens stuff and the economy even now is already large enough to generously fund these projects

i love this jian i have this feeling that i will see it in Egypt very soon

Back
Top Bottom