What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

Hi,

Just check out the crash history of the first 10 years---they were falling off the skies like birds.

When I lived in Ogden utah---every month something crashed into the salt lake.

Many of the J10's have bird strikes.

You post is an exagerration----you have to list the accidents and state the cause as well.

Pakistan got the F16's when the crash rate was high.

No it is not----.
I would disagree with the bird strike being the cause of J10 engine failure. AL31FN has problems and there have been multiple flameouts which have occured during exercises and were observed by PAF pilots. There was another one where the test pilot landed the plane without any power. There have been at least 2 others crashes in recent past due to engine failure. The fact remains that:
A. AL 31 series is not cleared for sale to PAF.
B. PAF which keeps a very close eye on Chinese developments has not yet gone for any Chinese engines recently(ie J10 and JFTs) and is on paper having said that it will stick with RD93 for the forseeable future.
C. The cost of setup in time and money is not worth it for PAF at this point in time.
Ì certainly think PAF will keep a close watch on how things develop in the neighbourhood but dont think it will go for a newer platform yet.
A

Last edited:
Hi,

The J10C is to compliment the position and numbers of the F16's due to issues---.

Realistically an ideal number of F16's would be around 150 +++. So---if can't get them without restrictions---then we need to find something else similar---.

So---basically you need a fleet of 150 cars----in the honda civic category---but only 72 civics are available---so what are you gonna do----if you cannot find the Honda Civic----what are you going to get---a Toyota Corolla---they are similar utility vehicles with similar size and output---quality---reliability---style and show.

When that size and capability is your need---then why would you say that no---I won't get it---because it does not bring anything new to the table.

The problem over here is not " does not bring anything to the table " but a lack of required machine of that capability.

So---many a members take a stupid pill and start uttering---" it does not bring anything new to the table "----.

When we are looking for getting 32 F16's in the next few years---we are not looking any new capabilities---we are just magnifying our capabilities .

And as J10 is exactly similar to the F16 in utility---we can fill that VOID of the F16's with the J10's----so what is so difficult to understand over here.

The JF 17 has its own utility and should be used within those parameters.
Russia’s Su-35 Super-Flanker: Mystery Fighter No More

May 05, 2016 00:40 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff

May 5/16: Inking of contracts between Indonesia and Russia for eight Su-35 fighters is to occur at the end of the month . Indonesia’s Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu made the announcement on Tuesday, saying the signing will coincide with the visit to Russia of President Joko Widodo from May 19-20 during the Russia-ASEAN Summit. Jakarta’s new signing follows on the purchase of 24 Su-27/30 aircraft as part of its drive to modernize.

SU-35 flight test, 2009

The Russian Su-35 was something of a mystery for many years. Pictures from Russian firms showed different fighter jets carrying that label, even as the aircraft remained a prospective design and research project, rather an active program of record.

Revelations after 2007 began to provide answers. This article explains the sources of the widespread confusion regarding the Su-35’s layout and key characteristics, reviews what is now known about the platform, and tracks its development. Those developments are likely to have broad consequences. The aircraft now has a home customer in the Russian Air Force, and the Su-35 is being positioned to replace most Su-30MK variants as Russia’s fighter export of choice within the coming decade. Will its succession bid succeed?

Advertisement

"" style="border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Which Sukhoi? The SU-35 Platform

SU-35 ?
(click to view full)

As one of our readers noted, DID’s articles from 2005-2007 seem to describe 2 different SU-35s. One was a mid-life modernized SU-27 Flanker, but there’s also a much more re-engineered “SU-35” variant with canards, thrust vectoring, etc. which has been confused with (and possibly redesignated between) the SU-37. So… what do we mean by “SU-35”?

Until very recently, only KnAAPO had listed the SU-35 as a product on its site; Sukhoi now does so as well, but Irkut does not. If this seems confusing, it’s because Sukhoi subcontracts production to affiliate firms – IAIA (Irkut) and KnAAPO (Komsomolosk un Amur). Each has their own intellectual property, and their own interests. In addition, the designation “SU-35” has been used in several different contexts over the years. It has been referred to, and even photographed, in ways that referred to both mid-life Flanker upgrades, and canard-equipped next-generation aircraft. KnAAPO’s site added the confusion by showing SU-35 pictures on its type page and gallery that display the aircraft both with and without canard foreplanes.

The current “SU-35”, which has been definitively described by Sukhoi, appears to be something of a compromise between the upgrade and full redesign visions. Reader assistance, and sources from Sukhoi and various media, offer an outline of its key systems and characteristics.

SU-35 flight, 2008
(click to view full)

“…(known as Su-35BM by some sources- ie. T-10BM to the original Su-27s internal T-10S designation). Differences and features largely speak for themselves in the video, but a short summary follows as related in various other sources follows:

1 – N035 Irbis-E PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array) Radar, a follow-on to the Bars-M.
2 – No canards
3 – Rear-looking self-defense radar in shorter tail sting
4 – AL-37FU/ 117S thrust-vectoring turbofan engines rated at 142-147kN
5 – Extended high-lift devices with large flaperon occupying the full trailing edge of the wing
6 – L175M Khibiny-M electronic-warfare self-defense system
7 – Reduced-area empennage
8 – Larger Air Intakes
9 – New and lighter systems, including quadruple digital fly-by-wire flight-control system.
10- New man-machine interface with fully-glass cockpit with two large LCD screens and helmet mounted display.”

Movable nozzles
(click to view full)

Sukhoi says that the fighter’s structures have been reinforced because of the increased takeoff and landing weight of the aircraft, and the front bearing has 2 wheels for the same reason. Performance is touted as 1,400 km/h (Mach 1.14) at sea-level, and 2,400 km/h (Mach 2.26) at altitude, with a ceiling up to 10 km/ 60,000 feet. Sukhoi has not touted loaded supercruise (Mach 1+, with weapons and without afterburners), which is likely to require improved engines. Thrust vectoring adds new dimensions of maneuverability, however, once pilots understand when to use it and when to avoid it.

The SU-35S will also depend on its sensors. It couples an electronically-scanned array radar with a 2-step electro-hydraulic drive unit, which creates a maximum radar beam deflection angle of 120 degrees. The NIIP Tikhomirov Irbis-E passive phased-array can reportedly detect and tracks up to 30 air targets, simultaneously engaging up to 8. It can also reportedly detect, choose and track up to 4 ground targets, and engage 2. Detection ranges of over 400 km/ 240 miles have been reported for airborne targets, which are the easiest, but resolutions are unspecified. Detecting a 747 passenger jet at 400 km is much easier than detecting a JAS-39 Gripen lightweight fighter, and information about the radar’s resolution would be needed before its real capabilities would be clear.

Full stealth jets like the F-22A Raptor, of course, create drastic reductions in radar detection range that make them a special case. In an emerging age of stealth fighters, therefore, the 80+ km detection range of the SU-35S’ IRST (infra-red search and track) system is very significant.

The SU-30 family has never been especially stealthy, and their overall airframe design limits what one can accomplish in this area. Nevertheless, Sukhoi cites an unspecified amount of “reduced reflectance” for the SU-35 in the X-band, which is a popular choice for modern radars, and in the angle range of plus or minus 60 degrees. Further improvements were made during testing by adding radar-absorbent materials, and removing or modifying protruding sensors that create radar reflection points.

The reported service life of the new aircraft is 6,000 flight hours, with a planned operational life of 30 years. The claimed service life of NPO Saturn 117S thrust-vectoring engines is 4,000 hours. Time will tell.

When you To go through the trouble of inducting a new platform, better get more advance.
If quantity is required, better get 5 jf17 than 3j10s as cost of a familiar aircraft is less.

You cannot match j10 with f16 in precision strike.
All said, I have a feeling that we have inducted j10 and have stationed in China as war reserve. Most illogical statement it is may be.

JF-17,J10 and F16 are in the same category of fighters. I don't see the need of PAF to induct large numbers of J10s in addition of JF-17 and F16. Instead, PAF may want to rent a few of the latest version of J-10C and train PAF pilots to fly and to use the weapons. Make a deal with China: in case of emergency you can get large number of J-10s in aid such as in the year of 1965 and 1971.

I believe that PAF should seriously consider the option to induct 2-3 squardrons of JH-7A or B. They can do most of the latest capability of PLAAF,from A-2-A,A-2-G, A-2-S, EW and etc.

Hi
I would like to make one query here ,what so special about precision strike .?

Pay load
Pods
Radar
Means what so special in a jet if one can have these things best installed .Its more of a utility package rather than jet it self ?

Hi
I would like to make one query here ,what so special about precision strike .?

Pay load
Pods
Radar
Means what so special in a jet if one can have these things best installed .Its more of a utility package rather than jet it self ?

Hi,

You have one bomb and you want to make the most out of it---so you design a precision strike capability that the bomb is precisely going to hit the target that you direct it to 99.9 % of the time.

That would cause the most damage with just one bomb.

JF-17,J10 and F16 are in the same category of fighters. I don't see the need of PAF to induct large numbers of J10s in addition of JF-17 and F16. Instead, PAF may want to rent a few of the latest version of J-10C and train PAF pilots to fly and to use the weapons. Make a deal with China: in case of emergency you can get large number of J-10s in aid such as in the year of 1965 and 1971.

I believe that PAF should seriously consider the option to induct 2-3 squardrons of JH-7A or B. They can do most of the latest capability of PLAAF,from A-2-A,A-2-G, A-2-S, EW and etc.

Hi,

You mentioned the JH7B----most pakistanis have no concept why we would need them----.

Could you please be kind enough to elaborate on that.

Paf needs around 150 F16's----and now it cannot have them---so to have an aircraft with parallel capabilities---there is the J10C.

The problem is of paf's own creation---they have squeezed too many aircraft replacement in a very short time.

And the production of JF17 does not fill in the need----and utility. The J10 would definitely fill the upper tier and a couple of sqdrn's of JH7B's would really make the difference.

When you To go through the trouble of inducting a new platform, better get more advance.
If quantity is required, better get 5 jf17 than 3j10s as cost of a familiar aircraft is less.

You cannot match j10 with f16 in precision strike.
All said, I have a feeling that we have inducted j10 and have stationed in China as war reserve. Most illogical statement it is may be.

Okay,

A real question----if you did not get the pretiest girl to mary because she rejected you---are you going to keep on mastur-bating the rest of your life and won't settle for the second or third best.

I get the answer---thank you---. I married the second best---and my life has been wonderful---.

Son---you can only jack-off for so long. Thank you.

Fata is our area of strike---the JF17 can do the job well---WMD7 is a great pod for that job----.

Paf can look for the aselsan for the J10 and the JF17's---so if you cannot target 35 km---25 km is not bad either---specially in an environment where there is no threat coming back.

3-5 years time---china would have developed a pod closer to the sniper---and possibly the aselsan pod may be available.

The real problem is that the paf took a big big gamble---it fckd itself up and pakistan---it did not see the rejection coming---while whole of the world saw it---.

Paf needs aircraft---the jf 17's cannot be produced fast enough to fill up the need. So---another source would be needed which might be the J10's

@MastanKhan Sir there is thought in my mind , Like to shear it , "In 15 years of time all the Fanboys Of JF17(only ) , FC 31 ,and All The Fanboys of PAFs will curse Both here on this very same Platform."
As you said the whole world say it but PAF , I will add , The whole world know but PAF and Fanboys
Thank you

Hi,

You have one bomb and you want to make the most out of it---so you design a precision strike capability that the bomb is precisely going to hit the target that you direct it to 99.9 % of the time.

That would cause the most damage with just one bomb.

Hi,

You mentioned the JH7B----most pakistanis have no concept why we would need them----.

Could you please be kind enough to elaborate on that.

Paf needs around 150 F16's----and now it cannot have them---so to have an aircraft with parallel capabilities---there is the J10C.

The problem is of paf's own creation---they have squeezed too many aircraft replacement in a very short time.

And the production of JF17 does not fill in the need----and utility. The J10 would definitely fill the upper tier and a couple of sqdrn's of JH7B's would really make the difference.

Okay,

A real question----if you did not get the pretiest girl to mary because she rejected you---are you going to keep on mastur-bating the rest of your life and won't settle for the second or third best.

I get the answer---thank you---. I married the second best---and my life has been wonderful---.

Son---you can only jack-off for so long. Thank you.

Fata is our area of strike---the JF17 can do the job well---WMD7 is a great pod for that job----.

Paf can look for the aselsan for the J10 and the JF17's---so if you cannot target 35 km---25 km is not bad either---specially in an environment where there is no threat coming back.

3-5 years time---china would have developed a pod closer to the sniper---and possibly the aselsan pod may be available.

The real problem is that the paf took a big big gamble---it fckd itself up and pakistan---it did not see the rejection coming---while whole of the world saw it---.

Paf needs aircraft---the jf 17's cannot be produced fast enough to fill up the need. So---another source would be needed which might be the J10's

:astagh:

@MastanKhan Sir there is thought in my mind , Like to shear it , "In 15 years of time all the Fanboys Of JF17(only ) , FC 31 ,and All The Fanboys of PAFs will curse Both here on this very same Platform."
As you said the whole world say it but PAF , I will add , The whole world know but PAF and Fanboys
Thank you

Hi,

That is why I have stated many a times---there are Traitors in the high positions in the paf---they have continuously sabotaged the purchase of aircraft at the right time---and they have done in multiple times---as if they are dancing o the tunes of a different master.

They have intentionally kept paf military weak.

There is a PLAAF base near my home in Shanghai, a squadrons of JH7A station there. This baby is making lots of noise everyday, but I just love it.

Hi,

That is why I have stated many a times---there are Traitors in the high positions in the paf---they have continuously sabotaged the purchase of aircraft at the right time---and they have done in multiple times---as if they are dancing o the tunes of a different master.

They have intentionally kept paf military weak.
Really? Intentionally sabotage the reinforcement of PAF?

There is a PLAAF base near my home in Shanghai, a squadrons of JH7A station there. This baby is making lots of noise everyday, but I just love it.

Hi,

Look here---going into the 80's---we were a Mirage and f6 operating airfroce. We got 36 F16's from the U S for free.

Paf wanted more----they were told to buy the Mirage 2000---you should have a choice---because you have been sanctioned---paf did not listen.

They allowed india to get the mirage 2000---thinking they got the best the F16---sanctions hit no F16's.

Now pas is buying 36 Mirage 2000----there comes up a bribe of around 150-200 million dollars---the person making the deal is an honest man---but does not think with his brains about the need of the nation---but thinks with his heart and cancels the deal.

So here is what he missed out on if he would have thought differently-----how many aircraft would the bribe cover----4 aircraft----so paf would have gotten 32 still.

Do you think that if you don't have 36---you can work with 32---I am pretty sure you can.

9/11 came--sanctions got lifted---france was keen on selling the rafale or the mirage 2000 in 2002---paf showed no urgency---they kept testing one aircaft after the other---drama here drama there---wasted three years.

They had funds saved up for 72 F16's in 2002---every years some money wnet into the piggy bank for aircraft since the sanctions started and some funds came from middle east.

The most superior and top pick was the Rafale---on the other side---india was getting fckd up---they were also thinking of buying another aircraft---.

If paf had bought rafale---india had no wjhere to go but to russia.

But paf refused rafale and mirage 2K5---stating that they were very expensive to maintain---.

Those iditos again did not think with their heads---. Basically---they could have had 72 F16's BLK52's---or 60 mirage 2k5's or around 48 Rafales.

Now suppose they were worried about the operating cost of those aircraft---the solutions was very simple---as you already know--most major problems have simple solutions---.

So---instead of buying 60 Mirage 2k5---they could have bought 50 of them or instead of buying 48 rafaes---they could have bought 40 Rafale---and the money for the rest around 700-800 million dollars---they could have put it in a fixed depost account---at that time 10 years fixed deposit accounts were giving around 8-10% interest.

Do yo think that 40 rafales could have made the difference of 50 mirage 2k5's would have done something---I think so.

In 2005 an earthquake came and the world donated tons of money to pakistan---.

These air force idiots---the money that the nation gave to defend the nation form india----they donated it to the earthquake fund---those morons never though that he money would be looted and plundered.

It is just like your dad asking you son---here is some money---the doctor stated that your mom has cancer---go to the medicine shop and buy these injection for your mother---and you go out and on your way out you see the criminals and the gangsters of the area have put up a charity stand---and asking for donations---and yu feel for them and give you mom's medicine money away----.

That is what the paf has done.

Earlier---they had made a deal to buy 8 saab surveillance aircraft---they made the deal--Musharraf saw it and said no---not from one place---we may get sanctions from sweden---he cancelled half the deal and went to china and got 4 chinese awacs for paf----th paf was mad at Musharraf for a long time.

Till the 70's we had bombers in out air fleet---we donot have a single one.

During Musharraf's time---the war planning was---if india moved the stroops to strike---we will move faster into indian territory and capture some areas inside their boundary---since he is gone---the air force strategy has changed---we will only defend---we do not need air craft that can go deep---.

If these air force air marshall had done this in china---theyu would have been executed alongwith their families by now.

Sir , From last few decades I am only hearing things like " We are looking towards east , and we are looking towards west" and "We are testing this or we are testing that". And from last 12 years "JF17 Is The One , Bird for All Problems , It will deal with F22 , leave Poor IAF's Birds on one side" (Keep in mind JF17 Block 3 will come in 2018 and still no confirm order for Radar and Avionics ).
And The Love of F16 ( I don't think I have to say much about it) , And keep one thing in mind our majority of F16s are old they had MLU to bring them Block52 level , They were not build as Block 52 and given to us , USA only gave 8 new block 52 ( so Y we Still dying for that bird and y still looking towards USA even after almost 4 decades).
And sir Will you take PLAAF against USAF , when you have less numbers and also you fall way behind in tech .??

As I always says Numbers and Tech Are the most Important thing in Modern Warfare. You can not leave any war theatre empty for enemy !. can you?

Hi,

Look here---going into the 80's---we were a Mirage and f6 operating airfroce. We got 36 F16's from the U S for free.

Paf wanted more----they were told to buy the Mirage 2000---you should have a choice---because you have been sanctioned---paf did not listen.

They allowed india to get the mirage 2000---thinking they got the best the F16---sanctions hit no F16's.

Now pas is buying 36 Mirage 2000----there comes up a bribe of around 150-200 million dollars---the person making the deal is an honest man---but does not think with his brains about the need of the nation---but thinks with his heart and cancels the deal.

So here is what he missed out on if he would have thought differently-----how many aircraft would the bribe cover----4 aircraft----so paf would have gotten 32 still.

Do you think that if you don't have 36---you can work with 32---I am pretty sure you can.

9/11 came--sanctions got lifted---france was keen on selling the rafale or the mirage 2000 in 2002---paf showed no urgency---they kept testing one aircaft after the other---drama here drama there---wasted three years.

They had funds saved up for 72 F16's in 2002---every years some money wnet into the piggy bank for aircraft since the sanctions started and some funds came from middle east.

The most superior and top pick was the Rafale---on the other side---india was getting fckd up---they were also thinking of buying another aircraft---.

But paf refused rafale and mirage 2K5---stating that they were very expensive to maintain---.

Those iditos again did not think with their heads---. Basically---they could have had 72 F16's BLK52's---or 60 mirage 2k5's or around 48 Rafales.

Now suppose they were worried about the operating cost of those aircraft---the solutions was very simple---as you already know--most major problems have simple solutions---.

So---instead of buying 60 Mirage 2k5---they could have bought 50 of them or instead of buying 48 rafaes---they could have bought 40 Rafale---and the money for the rest around 700-800 million dollars---they could have put it in a fixed depost account---at that time 10 years fixed deposit accounts were giving around 8-10% interest.

Do yo think that 40 rafales could have made the difference of 50 mirage 2k5's would have done something---I think so.

These air force idiots---the money that the nation gave to defend the nation form india----they donated it to the earthquake fund---those morons never though that he money would be looted and plundered.

It is just like your dad asking you son---here is some money---the doctor stated that your mom has cancer---go to the medicine shop and buy these injection for your mother---and you go out and on your way out you see the criminals and the gangsters of the area have put up a charity stand---and asking for donations---and yu feel for them and give you mom's medicine money away----.

Earlier---they had made a deal to buy 8 saab surveillance aircraft---they made the deal--Musharraf saw it and said no---not from one place---we may get sanctions from sweden---he cancelled half the deal and went to china and got 4 chinese awacs for paf----th paf was mad at Musharraf for a long time.

During Musharraf's time---the war planning was---if india moved the stroops to strike---we will move faster into indian territory and capture some areas inside their boundary---since he is gone---the air force strategy has changed---we will only defend---we do not need air craft that can go deep---.

If these air force air marshall had done this in china---theyu would have been executed alongwith their families by now.
It seem that PAF is not interested in the buying of new aircraft.

It seem that PAF is not interested in the buying of new aircraft.

Hi,

The heirarchy simply don't want to fight----. That is why they built the JF17---thinking that they would sell this aircraft and mint money and have secure jobs after retirement----.

Hi,

I can feel PAF don't like Chinese fighter jet. I always miss Mr Mushraf cause he has vision. You can't sacrifice the national security with personal preference. if PAF went for Rafale in the early 2000, India has to stick with Russian planes. PAF has many chances to play upper hands, they seem just easily let it go. Militarily and strategically , Mushraff is the best one.

even with now USA need PAF to pay full price for 8 F16, PAF still not show any interets in any other planes. How it become so?

I can feel PAF don't like Chinese fighter jet. I always miss Mr Mushraf cause he has vision. You can't sacrifice the national security with personal preference. if PAF went for Rafale in the early 2000, India has to stick with Russian planes. PAF has many chances to play upper hands, they seem just easily let it go. Militarily and strategically , Mushraff is the best one.

The PAF is stuck in the Cold War era. They are unwilling to accept the new alliances. There is no denying that American equipment is the best, but China has excelled enormously in the past decade. Pakistan should work closely with China to develop capabilities which cater to its requirements.

I agree. Musharraf was on the right path. Pakistan currently lacks a leader with a vision. It's all about self enrichment in Pakistan right now. From top to bottom.

Back
Top Bottom