What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

For the first part,your argument is valid. But we should also listen to what PAF has to say.

Secondly,if we wanted to get J10,then we should had never run the jf17 program.
But now, our best option is to invest in jf17.
Nevertheless,jf17 cannot match j10 or f16.Period !

Hi,

The J10C is to compliment the position and numbers of the F16's due to issues---.

Realistically an ideal number of F16's would be around 150 +++. So---if can't get them without restrictions---then we need to find something else similar---.

So---basically you need a fleet of 150 cars----in the honda civic category---but only 72 civics are available---so what are you gonna do----if you cannot find the Honda Civic----what are you going to get---a Toyota Corolla---they are similar utility vehicles with similar size and output---quality---reliability---style and show.

When that size and capability is your need---then why would you say that no---I won't get it---because it does not bring anything new to the table.

The problem over here is not " does not bring anything to the table " but a lack of required machine of that capability.

So---many a members take a stupid pill and start uttering---" it does not bring anything new to the table "----.

When we are looking for getting 32 F16's in the next few years---we are not looking any new capabilities---we are just magnifying our capabilities .

And as J10 is exactly similar to the F16 in utility---we can fill that VOID of the F16's with the J10's----so what is so difficult to understand over here.

The JF 17 has its own utility and should be used within those parameters.

The mentality of "Fanboys" !
Our 250 JF 17 will kill all of IAF's Tejas(250+) , Mig 29 , Mirage 2K total almost over 450 Advance birds .:D
Our 125 F16 will kill all 500+ of SU30s (with upgraded kit of SU35) No issue for F16 its just like killing a bee .:D
Our 100+ F31 will kill all 150+ Rafale and 100+ Pak-FA , lol don't you know the power of F31 :D
And IAF's pilots don't know how to fly , they don't have any tactics and there moral is sh!t ...:D
Best of luck with that and keep it UP Boys :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::p:

Well I can only pray for them lol;):-)
fan boy mentality is that 1:3 proportion will make war very costly and will act as deterrent.

J-10 uses the same engine of Su 30 which is unreliable as per the reports of red flag 2008 and the recent report of some IAF official that su 30 has only 55% availability due to maintenance issues. can PAF afford such a low availability rate? being a small air force it is obligatory for the PAF to have jets with small turn around time. su 30 is twin engined and J10 is single engined that makes it more vulnerable to crashes. many of the J10s in PLAAF have crashed since induction and there are reports that PLAAF tried to cover up some of the crashes.

J-10 uses the same engine of Su 30 which is unreliable as per the reports of red flag 2008 and the recent report of some IAF official that su 30 has only 55% availability due to maintenance issues. can PAF afford such a low availability rate? being a small air force it is obligatory for the PAF to have jets with small turn around time. su 30 is twin engined and J10 is single engined that makes it more vulnerable to crashes. many of the J10s in PLAAF have crashed since induction and there are reports that PLAAF tried to cover up some of the crashes.

Look at the crash history of the F16's.

The latest image (January 2016) indicated that J-10C is getting ready to enter the service with PLAAF. The latest rumor (April 2016) suggested that 611 is developing another upgraded variant (J-10D?) which might feature CFTs to increase its range as well as a more powerful WS-10X (14t class?) turbofan engine.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.com/p/fighters-ii.html

but one should also look at the number of F-16 sorties being flown all over the world at any given time. 26 countries are flying the jet presently in almost every role of a combat jet. it is no doubt the work horse of the aviation world.

@Oscar, in a nutshell, what does F16/B52 provide that let's say J10c doesn't or can't...... assuming that indigenous engine issues are addressed in the near future, or at-least we see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't know about everyone else here, however, I, myself would put J10c, somewhere between latest iteration of F16 and F18 (minus the add-on semi-semi stealth package of F18 ~ basically a suitcase under it's belly).......

Sir Pakistan should try to go for SU-35 or J-11 D. As for J-10 C it can come for offensive war not because it's more powerful but instead of using a Jet like JH-7B in my humble opinion in modern times a Fighter Bomber like J-10 C can do better

WS10b with 14 tons wet thrust is more reliable and durable cause its core design from CMF56(same core design for F110). We get access to CMF56 engine in 1980s. Al31 series has lubrication problem which it may locked in low speed, there is a fault in the original design. PLAAF is not satisfied with Al31FN. AL31 is a old design, we will phase it out step by step. The WS10b is a combination reference design(from both CMF56 and AL31F) and some innovation added, a product of diamond in the crown. It has FADEC so only new Verizon of b/c can install WS10b. Of India can produce engine like WS10b, they will Blah blah blah blah......... We just keep it low down. j10 d with Conformal tanks is the ultimate goal of J10 series.

Last edited:
The latest image (January 2016) indicated that J-10C is getting ready to enter the service with PLAAF. The latest rumor (April 2016) suggested that 611 is developing another upgraded variant (J-10D?) which might feature CFTs to increase its range as well as a more powerful WS-10X (14t class?) turbofan engine.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.com/p/fighters-ii.html

J-10D with CFT, 1200 T/R modules based AESA radar, PL-10 hobs missile, PL-15 bvr missile, advanced avionics (from J20) and WS-10X engine would be a big punch for the enemy. Its performance will be much greater than F-16 block 52.

but one should also look at the number of F-16 sorties being flown all over the world at any given time. 26 countries are flying the jet presently in almost every role of a combat jet. it is no doubt the work horse of the aviation world.

Hi,

Just check out the crash history of the first 10 years---they were falling off the skies like birds.

When I lived in Ogden utah---every month something crashed into the salt lake.

Many of the J10's have bird strikes.

You post is an exagerration----you have to list the accidents and state the cause as well.

Pakistan got the F16's when the crash rate was high.

Sir Pakistan should try to go for SU-35 or J-11 D. As for J-10 C it can come for offensive war not because it's more powerful but instead of using a Jet like JH-7B in my humble opinion in modern times a Fighter Bomber like J-10 C can do better

No it is not----.

Girl friend is having her chums :partay:
I wish I had a girlfriend. I am the forever alone guy.:(

Hi,

The J10C is to compliment the position and numbers of the F16's due to issues---.

Realistically an ideal number of F16's would be around 150 +++. So---if can't get them without restrictions---then we need to find something else similar---.

So---basically you need a fleet of 150 cars----in the honda civic category---but only 72 civics are available---so what are you gonna do----if you cannot find the Honda Civic----what are you going to get---a Toyota Corolla---they are similar utility vehicles with similar size and output---quality---reliability---style and show.

When that size and capability is your need---then why would you say that no---I won't get it---because it does not bring anything new to the table.

The problem over here is not " does not bring anything to the table " but a lack of required machine of that capability.

So---many a members take a stupid pill and start uttering---" it does not bring anything new to the table "----.

When we are looking for getting 32 F16's in the next few years---we are not looking any new capabilities---we are just magnifying our capabilities .

And as J10 is exactly similar to the F16 in utility---we can fill that VOID of the F16's with the J10's----so what is so difficult to understand over here.

The JF 17 has its own utility and should be used within those parameters.

I am not rejecting J10 because it does not bring anything new but because it is better to induct SU35 as a new platform than J10.

Pakistan should wait for J-10 D :D

If J-10 are not gonna add new Capabilities to PAF then What Capabilities will F-16 Block 52+ add? NONE

We should get 2 Squad just to Replace our Mirage Rose

Back
Top Bottom