What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

Firstly War in the subcontinent is not going to happen in a decade and a half or longer. There are various cogent reasons for this but this is not the place for this discussion.The war that is ongoing is a financial one which most of our country men are blissfully unaware of ,as they are too busy raping this poor country to care to look up.
Secondly PAF has improved leaps and bounds in the last 15 years. From having limited BVR capability we now have 150 BVR capable fighters integrated into network centric ability. That on a pea sized budget is a major achievement so you need to rethink your argument again. PAF and PA knows no one will come to its help in times of war and they are not counting on it.
JFT vs J10 ebate is simply a question of how much leeway one has in integrating weapons system. If you look at the weapons of JFT vs the J10 you will find the former to be much widely equipped as compared to the later. The other thing to note is that irrespective of the wishes of our armchair Generals and self styled strategists the JFT was designed with input from PAF keeping its own needs in mind, just like the J10 was designed with Chinese needs in mind. The evolution in design and general progression has been comparable on both platforms. On account of our needs and an even smaller pocket, ever burgeoning deficit payments(24% of your GDP as per news yesterday) one has to think economically.
The Chinese reneged on their agreement to buying 200 JFT platforms and PAF considers that all measures taken into account it does not need the J10 at this point in time. Obviously that need can change and PAF has kept a very close eye on J10 developments but as most technologies which are required are being passed down to JFT in any case we think we can get by for the moment waiting for our economy to pick up. Even then whether we need the j10 or something with more teeth to it is something that will be debated for some time to come.
So before one goes out complaining you need to analyze the situation fairly and then base you opinions.
Regards
A
people should look at Bangladesh airforce for comparison, we have similar economies
we have trouble inducting jf-17 as of now due to finances, rate was slow few years ago.
we simply need more money which no matter what people think we dont have.
another way is to down size the army size from 7 lac to say 5 lac and make room for more air force and navy development

Explain how PAF preparation are "NULL"

Oh boy.
Seriously you are saying this?
Do you know requirements difference of both PLAAF & PAF?

Elaborate super dober elements in J10?
Except GOD KNOWS AESA in so called B & C version?
At least name the so called AESA in J10B-C?
Just bcoz things look shiny on paper DOES NOT mean they are equally worthy in real life.
Jf17 is already superior than J10A in many aspects. And Block 3 will eliminate need of J10 entirely.....

So basic !
Is there any need to explain difference between IAF and PAF preparations ? Kargil busted the bubble and now it's been 17 years since that and we don't see any change.
Tomorrow you go into war with your neighbor. US will provide no thing for F-16s. What else you got ?
Even today 18 block 52 are flying only under US observation. And forget to use them against India in war.

Now have look at Indian current inventory plus Rafale or Hornet/F-16 what ever they get in near future.
They have invested in PAK FA. What are Pakistan

Do you know requirements difference of both PLAAF & PAF?

What is requirement of PAF ? Is going out of Pakistan's borders is forbidden for them in war times ?
That also means F-16 is useless ? why they spent so much money on it ? because it's bigger than JF-17.
Defensive air force does not even exist, it's just a myth, a mind satisfaction. And in geography where Pakistan exists, it's suicidal. They have not learned any lesson from Kargil.

Elaborate super dober elements in J10?
Except GOD KNOWS AESA in so called B & C version?
At least name the so called AESA in J10B-C?
Just bcoz things look shiny on paper DOES NOT mean they are equally worthy in real life.
Jf17 is already superior than J10A in many aspects. And Block 3 will eliminate need of J10 entirely.....

I don't know weather I have not clearly written it or you have comprehension problem.
I am not talking about what Chinese J-10 is right now !
I am talking about joining J-10 program in the beginning and customizing it for PAF needs. One more advantage with that size, it wouldn't be a problem to find corners for modern components. And no need to mention payload, endurance and hard point.
Forget J 10A, It's history. If you have developed block 2 in their labs with their help, they have not lost the ability to develop J 10 in their own labs equal to F-16 V. And if Pakistanis were there along with them it would be much easier and adoptable for both.

Firstly War in the subcontinent is not going to happen in a decade and a half or longer. There are various cogent reasons for this but this is not the place for this discussion.The war that is ongoing is a financial one which most of our country men are blissfully unaware of ,as they are too busy raping this poor country to care to look up.
Secondly PAF has improved leaps and bounds in the last 15 years. From having limited BVR capability we now have 150 BVR capable fighters integrated into network centric ability. That on a pea sized budget is a major achievement so you need to rethink your argument again. PAF and PA knows no one will come to its help in times of war and they are not counting on it.

Thanks Araz for you time.

Decade is too long. I say it’s coming within five years.

Yes agree with you on financial war, rather better term would be financial terrorism. No one wants to talks or take actions against it because the top most leadership is also involved in it, and then what to say about any low level financial terrorist. I hope transferring personal furniture in PAF plan would not come under financial terror.

Out of these 120 BVR capable aircrafts please exclude F-16s. It would be better to keep yourself on safe side.

PAF and PA are totally different organizations. I admire preparations of PA but unfortunately I can’t say same for PAF.

JFT vs J10 ebate is simply a question of how much leeway one has in integrating weapons system. If you look at the weapons of JFT vs the J10 you will find the former to be much widely equipped as compared to the later.

J10 could/can be made more capable for even wider variety of weapons than JF-17. It can carry heavier weaponry in more number, heavier radar and IRST must not have to occupy a hard point.

The other thing to note is that irrespective of the wishes of our armchair Generals and self styled strategists the JFT was designed with input from PAF keeping its own needs in mind, just like the J10 was designed with Chinese needs in mind. The evolution in design and general progression has been comparable on both platforms. On account of our needs and an even smaller pocket, ever burgeoning deficit payments(24% of your GDP as per news yesterday) one has to think economically.
The Chinese reneged on their agreement to buying 200 JFT platforms and PAF considers that all measures taken into account it does not need the J10 at this point in time. Obviously that need can change and PAF has kept a very close eye on J10 developments but as most technologies which are required are being passed down to JFT in any case we think we can get by for the moment waiting for our economy to pick up. Even then whether we need the j10 or something with more teeth to it is something that will be debated for some time to come.
So before one goes out complaining you need to analyze the situation fairly and then base you opinions.
Regards
A

No doubt I am also happy, at last Pakistan has put some efforts in fighter jet development. And I believed the news from PAF that JF-17 is designed to meet the needs of PAF till I started my project in carbon fiber composite materials. Technology was rather new and developing. I had tough time and had to go through even aviation industry stuff. I was totally new and even my Professor, President of the University had not much knowledge about it.

When I successfully completed my project, my first thought was why not PAF is going for composites? And then the size ? how is their requirement is so small size ? In area which is so hostile against them ? and what is this concept of defensive air force ? Pakistan has direct enemy, very hostile towards Pakistan. How this size is best requirement of PAF ?

So small size can only be requirement of countries which have no threats or at least no direct threats. And how much they had to invest more if they had joined the J-10 development and customized it for Pakistan’s needs, just like what they did in case of JF-17 ?
J-10s could have replaced F-16s, which JF-17 can’t due to it’s limited size.

So I think there was external pressure not to join J-10 program as that could affect Pakistan's dependency on F-16 in future or they saw the market gap and want to prepare something for export. I don’t think any more JF-17 was developed for Pakistan’s needs.

And lastly I am not analyst, I don’t even waste my time replying here. Just that you have put so much effort and should be respected, I am writing this in reply. But I am not satisfied and so sad to see PAF today, it’s feeling similar to 71.

So basic !
Is there any need to explain difference between IAF and PAF preparations ? Kargil busted the bubble and now it's been 17 years since that and we don't see any change.
Tomorrow you go into war with your neighbor. US will provide no thing for F-16s. What else you got ?
Even today 18 block 52 are flying only under US observation. And forget to use them against India in war.

Now have look at Indian current inventory plus Rafale or Hornet/F-16 what ever they get in near future.
Come up with better explanation. How PAF preparation is ''Null''.............?
What is requirement of PAF ? Is going out of Pakistan's borders is forbidden for them in war times ?
That also means F-16 is useless ? why they spent so much money on it ? because it's bigger than JF-17.
Defensive air force does not even exist, it's just a myth, a mind satisfaction. And in geography where Pakistan exists, it's suicidal. They have not learned any lesson from Kargil.
Mention different requirements of PAF and PLAAF.

I don't know weather I have not clearly written it or you have comprehension problem.
I am talking about joining J-10 program in the beginning and customizing it for PAF needs. One more advantage with that size, it wouldn't be a problem to find corners for modern components. And no need to mention payload, endurance and hard point.
Forget J 10A, It's history. If you have developed block 2 in their labs with their help, they have not lost the ability to develop J 10 in their own labs equal to F-16 V. And if Pakistanis were there along with them it would be much easier and adoptable for both.

Mention ''super doper'' features of J10.............
Name its AESA, state the capabilities of its integrated IRST.

Don't do ''ain bain shain''........ get to straight words. Stories which you are telling are already well known.
I want specific details from you, so go ahead.

So basic !

Thanks Araz for you time.

Decade is too long. I say it’s coming within five years.

Yes agree with you on financial war, rather better term would be financial terrorism. No one wants to talks or take actions against it because the top most leadership is also involved in it, and then what to say about any low level financial terrorist. I hope transferring personal furniture in PAF plan would not come under financial terror.

Out of these 120 BVR capable aircrafts please exclude F-16s. It would be better to keep yourself on safe side.

PAF and PA are totally different organizations. I admire preparations of PA but unfortunately I can’t say same for PAF.

J10 could/can be made more capable for even wider variety of weapons than JF-17. It can carry heavier weaponry in more number, heavier radar and IRST must not have to occupy a hard point.

No doubt I am also happy, at last Pakistan has put some efforts in fighter jet development. And I believed the news from PAF that JF-17 is designed to meet the needs of PAF till I started my project in carbon fiber composite materials. Technology was rather new and developing. I had tough time and had to go through even aviation industry stuff. I was totally new and even my Professor, President of the University had not much knowledge about it.

When I successfully completed my project, my first thought was why not PAF is going for composites? And then the size ? how is their requirement is so small size ? In area which is so hostile against them ? and what is this concept of defensive air force ? Pakistan has direct enemy, very hostile towards Pakistan. How this size is best requirement of PAF ?

So small size can only be requirement of countries which have no threats or at least no direct threats. And how much they had to invest more if they had joined the J-10 development and customized it for Pakistan’s needs, just like what they did in case of JF-17 ?
J-10s could have replaced F-16s, which JF-17 can’t due to it’s limited size.

So I think there was external pressure not to join J-10 program as that could affect Pakistan's dependency on F-16 in future or they saw the market gap and want to prepare something for export. I don’t think any more JF-17 was developed for Pakistan’s needs.

And lastly I am not analyst, I don’t even waste my time replying here. Just that you have put so much effort and should be respected, I am writing this in reply. But I am not satisfied and so sad to see PAF today, it’s feeling similar to 71.

Hi,

That is an excellent post. Only 'enemies of pakistan' believe that a war will happen decades from now or it may not happen.

The anticipated 'war' has happened many a times in the last 14 years but in a differet format.

Any military stance that the opponent has taken on other positions---and has taken advantage of it in the world opinion---that is war---but on a different level---.

And because of the 'weaker' air force---pakistan---cannot retaliate in an appropriate manner---even on the political front---because it does not have any substantial assets to face a conflict.

You are right---there is no such thing as a DEFENSIVE air force---.

It is a LIE and a DECEPTION created by Paf---and reinforced by their lackeys.

Last edited:
Hi,

That is an excellent post. Only 'enemies of pakistan' believe that a war will happen decades from now or it may not happen.

The anticipated 'war' has happened many a times in the last 14 years but in a differet format.

Any military stance that the opponent has taken or other positions---and has taken advantage of it in the world opinion---that is war---but on a different level---.

And because of the 'weaker' air force---pakistan---cannot retaliate in an appropriate manner---even on the political front---because it does not have any substantial assets to face a conflict.

You are right---there is no such thing as a DEFENSIVE air force---.

It is a LIE and a DECEPTION created by Paf---and reinforced by their lackeys.

No one predicted a war just a week before in 65 and no one predicted Indian invasion before unrest in 71. And even during war false news was propagated.
We must be ready for a war, how can a war be predicted ? a single incident and boom

I would like to say that ,If US has banes F16 for the war against India then we should search alternative of F16, If J10 c is equal to F16 then why not J10 as F16 alternative?

@!eon and @Tipu7. Guys please stop acting like spoilt brats. If someone has written something offensive pleaze report rather than responding in insults.
A

@!eon and @Tipu7. Guys please stop acting like spoilt brats. If someone has written something offensive pleaze report rather than responding in insults.
A
ARAZ sb
Need to closed this thread because when j10 is not greater then F16 then why we spend on J10. We need to invest more for JFT development.

ARAZ sb
Need to closed this thread because when j10 is not greater then F16 then why we spend on J10. We need to invest more for JFT development.
Because f-16 will be almost useless in embargos while j-10's wont be but the engines :(
We do need to spend more on JFT but also save money on a new frontline fighter,enough of F-16's

Because f-16 will be almost useless in embargos while j-10's wont be but the engines :(
We do need to spend more on JFT but also save money on a new frontline fighter,enough of F-16's
Sir the problem will be start than LM F16 assembly will be start the production of latest Blocks of F16V in india then our older sanction pron F16 will be neutralized against Indian F16v.

J-18 is just fan boy stuff. Maybe it was drawn but never intended to fly. To be sure you have to know China has two companies that make fighter aircraft both are working on a fifth gen twin engine aircraft hence they would not take any other project till they have reason to believe that this is an absolute necessary.

When Eurojet is available for JFT why it would not be available for J 10 or any Russian version ? If Pakistan joins the program why it can't be customized for Pakistan's needs, even with wider ranges of components/weapon systems ?

One way is by keeping JFT completely for export, including the serving jets and investing gained money in J-10s. Back in 2009, Musharraf signed deal for 36 aircrafts, 38 million per aircraft. Can be bargained if Pakistan doesn't want engines or certain components. Block 2 appox given price is 28 million. 12 countries, they say have shown interests.

In the end it would be up to PAF, how much and how many J10 they want to develop. They can keep combinations of high and low end within J10.

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the J10's engine---it is working within its given parameters---just as the RD93 is working for the JF17---within its ' given ' parameters.

Most posters don't know that the chinese air force is flying MORE hours per aircraft per year than the americans for the last 4 years now.

The chinese are putting their J10's thru extreme flying and aerial combat conditions---when a machine is made to operate to its maximum over and over---it is made to break down---to test its endurance---to find out what the breaking point is.

Just like the F16's broke down in their first ten years---.

This is what you do to make aircraft better---you take them to their extreme operating conditions and see where they break down---you take note of that standard---build up to a higher operating threshold---and then to break that too---and the next level and the next level and the next level higher.

Where F16 is today---just did not happen like magic---. It paid its toll to the pied piper.

You pakistani kids are so illiterate---it is shocking----and some of you maybe engineers by profession---what kind---I do not know---.

Your tragedy is that rather reading books---you kids grew up wasting your time on 'bad' stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom