What's new

It's Sukhoi vs Eurofighter as IAF 'takes on' RAF

Well almost same..But looks nice when used in a sentence..repeating a word would have made it less catchy..

Those were actually two sentences!
BTW main thing is that he was just fantasizing!!!!!!

I guess he was talking about EFT's electronic warfare capability.

Lol not fantasising mate..he just made a small mistake...slip of the tongue (in this case fingers) maybe.

as the article suggests , the exercise is more to do with air defance which is seen as the biggest threat ..

it means they will test the skills of the pilots to nullify the incoming hostile missiles using thier fighter aircrafts...

stage 1 ) few missiles will be fired towards a target at 300km away..
stage 2 ) these missle will be picked and traked by the AWACS at some 250km.
stage 3 ) the AWACS will direct the individual fighters which are there already in air towards each of the missles..
stage 4) the fighter will procced towards these missles , pick and track the missle as it approch some 100km near it..
stage 5) the fighter will lock and fire a long range air-to-air missle to distroy the incoming missle...

as the article suggests , the exercise is more to do with air defance which is seen as the biggest threat ..

it means they will test the skills of the pilots to nullify the incoming hostile missiles using thier fighter aircrafts...

stage 1 ) few missiles will be fired towards a target at 300km away..
stage 2 ) these missle will be picked and traked by the AWACS at some 250km.
stage 3 ) the AWACS will direct the individual fighters which are there already in air towards each of the missles..
stage 4) the fighter will procced towards these missles , pick and track the missle as it approch some 100km near it..
stage 5) the fighter will lock and fire a long range air-to-air missle to distroy the incoming missle...

Wao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Arent both maneuverability and agility ,different words to indicate the same thing.? :what:

nope they are not

MANEUVERABILITY

A useful function is to determine how many "G's" an aircraft might require to
make a given turn without altitude loss.

AGILITY
Agility is the ability to change and shift the aircrafts position from one point to another point efficiently...

similar sounding words but mean a hell lot different ;)

Last edited:
nope they are not

MANEUVERABILITY

A useful function is to determine how many "G's" an aircraft might require to
make a given turn without altitude loss.

AGILITY
Agility is the ability to change and shift the aircrafts position from one point to another point efficiently...

similar sounding words but mean a hell lot different ;)

Tell me one thing - Can you have MANEUVERABILITY without AGILITY or vice-versa.?

Anyways I remember that it was infact "Electronic Warfare Capability" of the EFT that impressed the IAF ,from a previous discussion with Lt.PRATEEK.

The bottom line here would be, is EFt better than the MKIs? I don't think so... What say..?

The bottom line here would be, is EFt better than the MKIs? I don't think so... What say..?

I personally think that overall EFT is definitely better than MKI but in endurance MKI beats EFT hands down.

Arent both maneuverability and agility ,different words to indicate the same thing.? :what:

sorry mate both have a very small difference

Agility is the ability to change the body's position efficiently,i mean quickness to turn etc

Maneuverability is a controlled change in movement or direction of a moving vehicle or vessel, as in the flight path of an aircraft

u may again think what is the difference but their is a lot of difference

And definitely it is the EWC that impressed the IAF,i just used both words to get a good rhyming

Tell me one thing - Can you have MANEUVERABILITY without AGILITY or vice-versa.?

Anyways I remember that it was infact "Electronic Warfare Capability" of the EFT that impressed the IAF ,from a previous discussion with Lt.PRATEEK.

both are different concepts brother.and they are not related to each other.. a body can be maneuverable and agile... but not at the same time... its like one is how fast can you sprint from one point to other and the other is how fast can you turn and twist in the same place......

maneurability

and agility
notice how the euro fighter is changing its position very efficiently from one point to another

hope it helps regards..:)

Last edited by a moderator:

no offence i guess the ef is better than the mki

main difference between the two

mki is a little large so more RCS

ef has better avionics than mki

more agile

i my view agility is very important that maneurabily in future air combats as there wont be a lot of air dog fights...

no offence i guess the ef is better than the mki

main difference between the two

mki is a little large so more RCS

ef has better avionics than mki

more agile

i my view agility is very important that maneurabily in future air combats as there wont be a lot of air dog fights...

I do not agree to the bold statement.

Mki is much more bigger craft more powerful radars. Also its avionics is the mix of French/Israeli/Indian. very tailor made

Back
Top Bottom