What's new

It's South Asia, not a mythical Subcontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I always correct people when they mention - the "subcontinent" theory - Pakistani's have worked hard, to have this region named as South Asia, thank goodness that the international forums and media, know refrain from making that faux pas

I always correct people when they mention - the "subcontinent" theory - Pakistani's have worked hard, to have this region named as South Asia, thank goodness that the international forums and media, know refrain from making that faux pas

If it isn't the sub-continent and that is what most people around the world believe why did you have to start a new thread about it ?

Trying to prove something you say is obvious ?:azn:

If you check international publications are scientific journals, "subcontinent" is almost never mentioned anymore - it is pretty much universally excepted as South Asia now.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Ok Do you prefer Akhand Bharat? ;)

AB is a myth propagated by fascists living in the entity to the east.

If you check international publications are scientific journals, "subcontinent" is almost never mentioned anymore - it is pretty much universally excepted as South Asia now.

Indian subcontinent is a part of South Asia.

South Asia includes Iran. South Asia doesn't.

BTW, this is nothing but another Pakistani way to decouple with their Indian connection.

Guess what? Something just cannot be changed.

Indian subcontinent is a part of South Asia.

South Asia includes Iran. South Asia doesn't.

BTW, this is nothing but another Pakistani way to decouple with their Indian connection.

Guess what? Something just cannot be changed.

South Asia is used instead of the mythical subcontinent - which is brilliant :)

I'm simply glad that the name subcontinent is dieing out, and becoming extinct like the dinosaurs.

lets change mythical ocean's (Indian ocean) name as well if it satisfies some one's ego :)

the geographical location remains same, whether u call it indian subcontinent or south asia. it doesnt make much of a difference.

I'm simply glad that the name subcontinent is dieing out, and becoming extinct like the dinosaurs.

why won't you be? I don't know what your obsession with names is. I remember you being so proud for the scientists naming a dinosaur after Pakistan.

Subcontinent & South Asia are not mutually exclusive. The sheer diversity of the culture & peoples present within this small geographic region is why it is called a subcontinent.

The subcontinent is history, it's South Asia all the way now, there is no uniform culture in the region, another myth busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom