What's new

It's Official: India is World's Fastest-Growing Big Economy

Bhai Jaan . Let give you small example. Which is just tip of an ice berg . For the next 15 years or so we will be building over 1000 helicopters for our Armed forces. Due to make in India initiative . Excluding LCH Dhruv Rudra . Nearly 150-200 billion will be spent on defence in 10 years .Atleast 30 % will be reinvested in India .... Mostly will be made I need India . That's stable manufacturing structure for the next 10-20 years. Civil sector investment is growing at faster phase . More investment coming in. So in next 5-10 year our target to achieve will be very different from today's 10 trillion target set by PM
I don't know bro Modi has set very high targets for ex. 100000 M.W electricity (solar) generated by 2020!!

But offcourse if his policies succeeded in attracting investment especially in manufacturing sector economy will surpass general predictions.

Last edited:
Can somebody shed some more light on these new measurement methods? And are they in line with common international methods?

What are World bank and IMF concerns after change in the growth measurements?

Doesn't it also mean that Under Man mohan singh govt,the economic growth even than was decent?(more than 5-6%)

It probably was decent. I never saw the earth shaking collapse of the economy people were braying about in those days.

Can somebody shed some more light on these new measurement methods? And are they in line with common international methods?
It's like updating your Software for more detailed information on basis of current situation . For example product worth 1 rupee in 1947 may worth thousands for today's value.

Yes but india should have been in 9-10% Which was very achievable.

Dude even pakistan changed its base measure. It keeps updating with new added resources and new companies and new net profits . We are already doing better with 2 trillion economy already . It's set to catch up with China faster than you expect . 10 trillion will be achieved in 10 years . It took 3 decades for China. Do u see my point ?

Exactly !

But the target is 20 Trillion as said by Modi.

With new methodology government will measure GDP at market prices, which includes indirect taxes. Till now, the government has been computing it in terms of GDP at factor cost, which excludes these.
International Monetary Fund and World Bank measure GDP growth of every country at market prices so new method presents real picture of current state of GDP.

With new methodology government will measure GDP at market prices, which includes indirect taxes. Till now, the government has been computing it in terms of GDP at factor cost, which excludes these.
International Monetary Fund and World Bank measure GDP growth of every country at market prices so new method presents real picture of current state of GDP.

Exactly ....

Exactly !

But the target is 20 Trillion as said by Modi.
It's 10 bro

Apne mun mian Chuttu ? oh Sorry I mean Mithoo :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
@Areesh
Lol - India changing it's measurement base and they grow faster than China.

India has a long way to go before it can match Chinese GDP growth rates.

well, if some ignorant pakistanis and bangladeshis think that they know more than economists at Reuters and can come up with a better growth forecast, i invite them to do so:lol:

After looking into comments ....This is Good to see that.... pakistani and bangladeshi guys have more information then their own country economy.... If there will anything about India ...Those guys will talk about China... No wonder why those country is facing this many issue today.... AS CIVILIAN AS COUNTRY. ....Carry on Guys.

Last edited:
I thin India can achieve 100trillion in 2025. Especially with Modi recalculating GDP.

I thin India can achieve 100trillion in 2025. Especially with Modi recalculating GDP.

28105181.jpg

Back
Top Bottom