What's new

Italy slams India's move to invoke anti-piracy law on marines

Culpable homicide not amounting to murder has a maximum sentence length of 2 years.

Source ?

Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder | Indian Penal Code, 1860 | Bare Acts | Law Library | AdvocateKhoj

Whoever commits culpable homicide not amounting to murder shall be punished with104[imprisonment for life], or imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine, if the act by which the death is caused is done with the intention of causing death, or of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death,

or with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, or with fine, or with both, if the act is done with the knowledge that it is likely to cause death, but without any intention to cause death, or to cause such bodily injury as is likely to cause death.

Has there been a recent amendment ?

How long will this kindergarten play go anyways? Its a farce and just ruins indias image in the world.

They will be sent to serve "jail" in Italy . But everything after elections ;)

I think this is what they will get, minus the days they have spent in lockup/prison.

Better give them Death Sentence..................

We have Agni 5s now...................................

agni5-new-350_041912064837.jpg

The problem however is that they are out on bail now because they are yet to be charged. But once they are charged with either murder or culpable homicide charges they might not because those are non-bailable offenses.

Better give them Death Sentence..................

We have Agni 5s now...................................

agni5-new-350_041912064837.jpg

Keep it for the Bangladeshis man, you have trolled this Marcus guy enough already.

Source ?

Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder | Indian Penal Code, 1860 | Bare Acts | Law Library | AdvocateKhoj

Whoever commits culpable homicide not amounting to murder shall be punished with104[imprisonment for life], or imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine, if the act by which the death is caused is done with the intention of causing death, or of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death,

or with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, or with fine, or with both, if the act is done with the knowledge that it is likely to cause death, but without any intention to cause death, or to cause such bodily injury as is likely to cause death.

Has there been a recent amendment ?

Mixed it up with 304A.Section 304A of Indian Penal Code, 1860 - LawNotes.in

You know...i must say...and i admit this that we also fucked this up. Now we blame only india here in italy but we too acted super silly and made evrything more complicated. Maybe if we kept calm evrything would already be good now...its italian "tradition" to freak out to easily and to lose common sense. I admit this and hope indians can understand this.

Its a big topic in italy and full of passion and pressure on poiliticians. And some of our politicians exploit the passion of the people for personal gains.

I have no illussion, the relationship between india and italy is damaged beyond repair and thats sad in my opinion because it was always good. So even when this case is settled in a way both countries can live with i think there is much damage done and thats bad. I hope it gets better.

P.s.: i don´t exclude myself, i said silly things too.

@MarkusS we have inducted this SHIP recently........................

B_Id_439239_ins-vikramaditya.jpg

I think its air wing will be an overkill to Italian Air Force. Think again before you threaten India for war.

Don't want to even talk about this one.........................

INS_Chakra_SSN_attribute_Ajai_Shukla.jpg

I think its air wing will be an overkill to Italian Air Force. Think again before you threaten India for war.

I don´t want war! So what are you talking man?

Under the bilateral convicted prisoners agreement between India and Italy.....

The international Agreement between Italy and India on the transfer of sentenced persons, aims to develop bilateral cooperation for the transfer of sentenced persons in order to facilitate their social rehabilitation. The Agreement consists of 20 articles and it is inspired by Strasbourg Convention of 21 March 1983 on the transfer of sentenced persons, to which India does not partecipate.

According to the Agreement, a person sentenced in the territory of a Contracting State, may be transferred to the territory of the other State in order to serve the sentence, provided that:
- the convicted person is a national of the receiving state
- the judgment is final
- the transferring State and the receiving State will agree
- the acts or omissions for which the person has been convicted considered as crimes by the law of the receiving State or would constitute an offense if committed on its territory.

The execution of the sentence shall be governed by the receiving state, which will be free, under its laws, to provide alternative measures.
The Central Authorities have been identified in the Ministry of Justice for the Italian Republic, the Ministry of the Interior for the Republic of India.

bhai maaf kar de usko ab...

At least it is free press on our side. while your government tells the world what they think of its citizens- how how weak and feeble minded the chinese are- where mere words need to be censored because the citizenry can't handle it. :lol:

Go watch your government propaganda chinese channels...for sheeps like you

IMO its is a case of "manslaughter", as we call it within the US judicial system

i.e. not legal "murder charge". these guys did not go sailing with the express intent at killing anyone. They reacted to a threat they perceived...albeit proved to be innocent fisherman but they had no idea.

think about this example- you are manning a post in a volatile area known to have suicide attacks by using bomb laden cars. A car is approaching your post from a distance, you know it is not one of yours, and it does not heed any stop signs or gestures...you fire into the car. Turns out it was a family of innocent people lost or whatever.

Free for what? regime propaganda? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom